Gaming Recommendations

Started by Laevatein, February 06, 2007, 02:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laevatein

Like me for example ^^:;;

Anyways, I want to dip my feet into the PC combat flight sim genre, which I've wanted to do for a long time but couldn't because I couldn't find a good flight sim game ^^;;

Anyone know any good combat flight sims I can try out?

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

SleepyD

Sorry, I don't know any. ^^;

I am just as interested as you are though. ^^

Closest I got to PC combat flight sim is Ace Combat.  On the outside the controls seem realistic, but.... being able to pull sharp banks at mach 2 is a bit... well, you get the idea.

Ace Combat is quite fun though. ^^

zerodin

Not so much into flight or small fighter combat as I am giant ship to ship battles. *hugs his Star Trek Legacy*

Laevatein

Meaning to ask.. how is ST: Legacy anyways? Does it live up to, say Starfleet Command 3?

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zerodin

Alot of people revile it. I dunno why!
I think it's awesome, to me the combat is more fun then SFC3.
Big mod community too!
Making your own ship refits is easy as pie! I have a TMP era class ship that I refit with Dominion Wars tech.

Darknight_88

mmm...I would say Comanche 4.
Somewhat old, 2001, but has good graphics and runs fairly well on my computer. Pilot the RAH-66 Comanche (project canceled due to high costs and the fact that UAV's took control over the reconnaissance task...reconnaissance helicopters are so Cold-war-era) and blow up tanks, helos and fighters, stealth style.

More like a shoot 'em up than a simulation game (the previous versions...Comanche Gold was more like a simulation). Still, fun and somewhat challenging game.

A good change after all those fancy fighters simulators.

CaptBrenden

Well there is always the Microsoft Flight sim.  Simple but good.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

Ehem, quoting Laevatein:
Quote from: "Laevatein"PC combat flight sim genre

Personally, I have never found flight sims (note the lack of the word "combat"  in that sentence) interesting. =/

CaptBrenden

To each their own. I love em, but then again, I want to learn to fly. Ive done a little and grew up on a air museum. Ive flown in everything from a mig to B-17.

zerodin

The only flight combat sims I like are WWI/WWII era ones, less controls to memorize, the plane flies at a far more managable speed, yeah gimme a Camel or a Mustang over a Tomcat or a Falcon anyday!

CaptBrenden

Personaly I like helos best,  give me a good apatche or cobra, or as darknight said, a commanche.  But what can I say?  I have a biased opinion since thats what Ive worked with. Nothings more assuring then the sound of a gunship circling overhead when your on the ground.  

Tho you dont get the experience in flight sims, I also love hanging out the side of them as you duck and weave low over the trees and hills... ot the air pressure coming down on you as you slide down the rope and hit the ground running.. best adrinalin rush in the world.

Gaatz

Anyone know of any good third party games coming out for the Wii? I plan on getting one soon (when they become frickin' AVAILABLE), but the only game I have to look forward to is Twilight Princess, and I don't want to get a system just to play a bunch of Nintendo games.
Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it\'s passed, until a simple courtesy becomes a act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil. -some asshole

Xyanide

I used to love combat flight sims when i was younger, i played the "F22 Raptor" series the most wich was fairly realistic, but not too realistic so it doesn't have a huge lurning curve.
There is a recent WWII combat flight sim around on xbox360 i believe but apart from that combat flight sims (or any vehicle combat sim) are an almost extinct since novalogic doesn't exist anymore.
Most combat games today also feature multiple vehicles so there really isn't need for a game anymore that's just a tank combat sim or a jet fighter sim.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "Xyanide"I used to love combat flight sims when i was younger, i played the "F22 Raptor" series the most wich was fairly realistic, but not too realistic so it doesn't have a huge lurning curve.
There is a recent WWII combat flight sim around on xbox360 i believe but apart from that combat flight sims (or any vehicle combat sim) are an almost extinct since novalogic doesn't exist anymore.
Most combat games today also feature multiple vehicles so there really isn't need for a game anymore that's just a tank combat sim or a jet fighter sim.

I beg to differ: Novalogic DOES exist. But they don't make flight sims anymore, seems they're completely devoted to their Delta Force series.
I also played "F-16 Multirole Fighter" (F-16 combat flight sim), "Comanche 3" (helicopter flight sim)... and "Armored Fist 2" (Tank simulator). All from Novalogic.
And more recently, Comanche 4

Spysweeper

The only two pc games I have played are, Matrix online and City or Heroes and city of villians.  They are both good games if your ineterested.