If you had the money what cool devices would you buy

Started by Spysweeper, January 27, 2007, 08:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple8

Travelling... not my thing... though I'd like to visit Oregon again and check out the hype at Japan. The place I'd last visit would probably be my home country. Vietnam sucks ass when I went there as a child.

CaptBrenden

Heh, I got a few of the items on your list.. like the claymore and the suit of plate mail.. but i got chain to go with it and a suit of roman lorica.    And why on earth would you WANT and berretta 92?  BTW.. they arnt that expensive...  hell you can get a 40 cal desert eagle for about 1500.. a basic 9mm like that.. ive seen them on consignment for about 700 in some places.  Still.. dont know why you would want one.. I hate those bloody things.  I got my WWI issue 1911 from a consignment place for 400 bucks (cus the guy didnt know how special it was.. it belonged to his grandfather or something and just wanted to get rid of it)

traveling would be fun too. but i thought we were tolking about stuff, not things we would do.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Triple8

I like 9mm. The kickback of .40, .45Cal, .50AE probably destroy my wrists after prolonged use.

Laevatein

Quote from: "Triple8"I'd get:
A standard HK36 (probably over $5000)
A Beretta M92FS (probably over $2000)
A Microtech Hawkbill Bladed Full-Auto opening knife (Castello's sells for $500)
A pair of those Predator claws ($?)
A Rapier
A Schiavona
A double edged silver wire wrapped handle dagger
A claymore
A scythe
A pair of gauntlets
A pair of greaves
A suit of full plate armor
A shirt of chainmail
An old '69 Fastback Mustang (price varies upon owners)
A new '07 Fastback Mustang (probably over $25000)
A Viper GTS-R (For my dad which is well over $80000)
A black Kawasaki Ninja
A pair of katars

You sound like you're going to a vigilante war with some infidels  ;013

If we can go with weapons, I think I'd want to have one of those new H&K OICW's, whenever they manage to roll them out XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

they were canceled.  not gonna come out :P

and 9mm sucks if you ask me.. you can put 5 rounds into a guy and he will keep coming.  basic flack jackets you pick up in the surplus store will stop them.  If your gonna have a side arm, get one that will actually do something to your opponent -_-  but if target shooting is all your getting it for.. i soppose its okay

Laevatein

Damn... guess the next best thing would be a H&K G36 XD

And as any zombie hunter would tell you when going up against a seemingly unstoppable opponent, "Aim for the Head" ^^;;; (I have read of some criminals who have survived over 16 9mm shots to their body before they were finally felled).

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

Yeah, a drugged out guy will most likely ignore most hits. but this is getting into guns talk.. which should go in the guns thread.

Triple8

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"they were canceled.  not gonna come out :P

and 9mm sucks if you ask me.. you can put 5 rounds into a guy and he will keep coming.  basic flack jackets you pick up in the surplus store will stop them.  If your gonna have a side arm, get one that will actually do something to your opponent -_-  but if target shooting is all your getting it for.. i soppose its okay

You sound like one of those stupid action movies. WTF is up with shooting them in the chest? Shoot them in the head. No jacket covers your head. 1 Bullet is enough.

Speed, not power.

CaptBrenden

Triple8.  I will tell you from personal experience its a bit harder then you think to get an accurate shot off at a mans head with a pistol when he is running at you with full automatic soviet AK-47.  Real life is not like video games.  Training teaches you to fire 2 to the chest and one at the head.. not because it takes three hits to kill someone, but so that you have three chances to hit. the two at the chest are there to try to get more likely hits on a larger target, the one for the head is to try to get a kill.  Anyone that thinks they are good enough to get head shots every time in a real life situation is the one that watches too many action movies.

In reality when you have a split second to fire a round before he kills you, your just trying to score hits to give yourself time and to be faster then him.  Hell, sights are a luxury you cant aford in most situations. I know Its hard to explain but irl you need ever possible milisecond.  thats why we train for hours on end firing from the hip, practicing aquiring our sights quickly every time, and getting reloads down to less then a second.. because slow is dead, and aiming for head shots every time with a pistol is also dead.  

To that end, again I say, unless you want it for pure self defence, get a bigger friggin pistol. A chest strike may not kill them with it, but it will put them on their ass and provide you time to do a killing hit.

now that my rant is done...

If i had the money to do anything, I think I would buy a table top gaming store.  Since i have the money, I could concentrate on just enjoying the hobby and let my employees run the store.  I could sit aside painting instore armys for people to come in and play, and have a massive gaming room with lots of great terrain.