36 (29%)
More than 2Mb, up to 10 Mb
28 (22.6%)
20Mb or more
17 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: January 26, 2007, 03:29:44 PM

Chocofreak13

@pentium: confusing. either way, with a slow connection, i imagine that downloading something big like that might upset her. ^^;
@pitkin: well, you have one more thing to look forward to. :3

mid-morning, when my dad is on the downstairs computer:
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 05, 2011, 09:37:34 AM
@pentium: confusing. either way, with a slow connection, i imagine that downloading something big like that might upset her. ^^;

Yeah; it can get a bit confusing. Of course, having Windows 2000 running on said PC does allow me to say I have front-row seats to hot 2k-tan on 2k-tan action! If I was better at drawling, that would make for an interesting yuri fanart...

Chocofreak13

SOMEONE, FANART, NOW! (i'm busy. :3)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Here's my connection on the guest Wifi at work. I wish mine at home was more like this

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

It's not as awesome as my sister's connection, but it's still better than what I have at home; even though it's through the same provider

Chocofreak13

your sister has her own place? try testing the connection and then posting it here. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

When I head over this weekend, I'll test it. She has the 2nd fastest cable internet service in town; which, since she can stream an entire episode of Ouran High School Host Club while I'm playing MapleStory without any lag on either one, it has to be a pretty good connection

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I know; I wish I could talk my parents into switching, but since it took me ages to get them to switch from dial-up to DSL, I doubt they'd want to switch to cable internet just yet.

(As a note, it took me a good 5 years to talk them into DSL; from a span of when TechTV's The Screen Savers was still on the air until about 6 months after I went absent from this site due to major stability problems with my dial-up connection combined with having to share a desktop with my parents again because my sister took away her laptop)

Chocofreak13

well, at least you have access now. there was a period of time when i was younger when i didn't have internet at home (no one wanted to pay for it).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Generally, talking my mom into any kind of upgrade is a near-impossible task; although in recent years, as I've proven that I know what I'm doing, she's become more willing to let me do upgrades.

I remember that talking her into upgrading from a 33.6K modem to a 56K modem was a pain; which, when I finally did convince her to let me try, that botched upgrade started the chain of events that lead to the purchase of Crappy (A PC loaded with with tons of bloatware, had little RAM, tons of driver conflicts, and was an overall mess...but it did lead me to discovering Chip's Challenge; which was a plus).

Chocofreak13

why is it hard to convince her? it's hard to convince my dad because he 'thinks' he knows everything there is to know about comptuers and such.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

With hardware upgrades and the like, that's because she though I was going to mess something up; the failed upgrade to a 56K modem didn't help much. However, shortly after Frankenstein Classic was built, she began to lighten up; letting me handle a lot more than I used to be able to.

With the upgrade to DSL, it's because she claimed 56K was faster; after experiencing DSL for the first time on my grandma's desktop, which could barely handle Windows as it was, let alone internet

Chocofreak13

it's not right to judge assumptions based on poor experiences alone. :\
click to make it bigger