OS-Tan banners

Started by Fedora-Tan, January 26, 2007, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

ill just have to look for the patented

;hi

=^..^=
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: "Myrdin"Darker shading, Lighter shading, or the same? The floodlight washes out everything I do so I'll have to rely on your opinions. ONE POINT TWENTYONE JIGGAWATTS!

[deleted 'cuz it wuz teh sux0r]

I confirm a thing of the utmost importance :

After having checked on the french version of Back to the Future, the Doc indeed says 2.21 GigaWatts... Seems that frenches lightnings are twice as powerful as their US mates then  ;010

Added after 1 minutes:

(as far as i know anyway, lightning can bring up to 20 Gigawatts so both are ok theorically :D )

Added after 1 minutes:

/me imagines how much roasts he could do with so much power... ^_^

CaptBrenden

You could just roast one, very very good.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

BY GAWD, Myrdin, you're a genius!  ^v^

I'm absolutely loving this,...
I haven't stopped glomping at this for the past couple of hours!  ^__^

*continues glomping*

Myrdin

I'm glad everyone likes the banners.

Unfortunately, I forgot to make something for OS3-Tan to land on so she bruised her shoulder on that dive. I'll have to hire stunt chibi's for the next banner.

And thank you, C-Chan, for the colour recommendation.

Laevatein

*browsed through topic*

Haven't seen animated banners in a long time, but those are some nice banners there Myrdin ^^

And couldn't OS3 just landed on her head to have the helmet break her fall?  ;013

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

C-Chan

That's no helmet,... ^^'
Though granted, the design of the hat does look right at home with a WWI Doughboy.... -v-'

I'll let Aurora-sama know, and maybe we can turn that into a comic element.  ^___^

Don't worry about the fall, btw... ^v^
She's survived for two whole decades, so I think she'll live after a little fall like that.  ^v^'

Pitkin

Those animated banners are bloody marvellous! :D

I was away for a day, and when I come back, I cannot believe my eyes anymore. XD

Wonderful work. ^__^

Myrdin

Oi! Anudder wun!

It's a chubby file since each frame is individually animated. I haven't uploaded it because I'm not sure it's even that readable.

Tsubashi

Wow! Your stupendous Myrdin-sama! Keep up the good work
-Tsu

C-Chan

Marvelous work with the animated genki Saba-tan, and it seems fairly readable to me!  ^__^

It is a damn shame about the file size, because since this one just barely meets cap, that means we probably can't get anything longer or more dynamic.  ;___;

If only there wouldn't be so many compatibility issues, an SWF banner could help squeeze out more animation for our buck.  ^__^

But if Niijura had to take their adorable walking ME-tan logo down, that can only mean bad news for Flash files.  ^___^;

Myrdin

More elaborate animations would be possible in B&W. It might also be possible to do more efficiently. The lightbulb banner(my favorite so far) is small because there's only four objects and minimal dithering. This new banner has a seperate object for each step Saba-tan takes and eight more frames.

Fedora-Tan

I can make an option for people accepting "heavy" banners (and heavy graphics), thus allowing more bandwidth-expensive banners for those who want to.

Flash banners could be an option if we do that way.

Besides, Myrdin, your banners are just awesome ;hi

C-Chan

Wow, that sounds fantastic.  ^__^

What d'ya say, Myrdin?  Interested in creating Flash banners as an alternative?  ^__^

Then you could really let your creativity run wild.  ^.^

Laevatein

WOW

An smooth animated banner like that and just about 100kb, thats awesome... O_O

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman