Main Menu

Gunz

Started by SleepyD, January 22, 2007, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Bugger if I know -_-  its been a long time since I seen him  We were in Basra at the time.  The brits had been there for some time so when we moved into the area they sent him over as a guide to show us the ropes.  Since I was the LT's official translator (cus i got bored and actually STUDIED the language cards they gave us, and then used it effectivly, sealing myself into volenteer doom) the two of us hung out quite a bit.  fucks sake tho.. I cant remember his name right now.. it was 3 deployments ago. i guess its true what everyone told me.. start writing names on photos or you will quickly forget names..
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Myrdin

Guns are like politics. Everyone has set preferences and it's possible to debate pros and cons endlessly.

CaptBrenden

Loyd! that was it! Oly Loyd!  or was it Loyd Oly?  bugger i dont know.

Xyanide

Quote from: "Myrdin"Ok, I'm going to post just a few of my favorite guns up here. Say what you think they are. Correct answers will be rewarded with a boring soliloquoy about how awesome they are.

1 looks like something from WWI, very massive very cool :D
2 no idea, doesn't look like it's got a hard backblow but produces quite some heat and has a small clip
3 a type of garand?
4 no idea, the barrel is reinforced in a light way and it has a di-pod, large clip, some kind of multifunctional weapon probably?

i'm not expert on guns but i just look at the way they're built and try to make up some of the properties XD

the only real guns i ever fired was on a shooting range at clay discs XD

weapons of choise in games:
-FG40, spray and pray, deadly at close range
-dual wield hand pistols, cos they're so damn cool :P

Laevatein

What type of guns have you fired?

My only experience shooting a real firearm was with my dad's M4 Carbine against balloons in a mine during an outing with the family. I was the best shot out of all my siblings XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

Oy I cant even remember all the weapons ive shot.. but as or ones I was extensivly trained on, or at least cross trained enough to use if need be:

M16 A2
M16 A4
M4
M9
M40 A3
M82 A3
M240 G and B
Mk 19 mod 3
M2 50 cal.
Mossberg M500
Mossberg M590 (yeah I know.. they are practicly one and the same.. but I own one and used the other at work)
Bennelli 1014
9mm Sten (we got a pair of WWII we cofenscated out there to work and went shooting with them at the range)
Ak-47
SVD  
M203 40mm
M-32 40mm (or was it M 38?  I donno.. we got them shortly before we left.. but long enough for me to fire them)
AT-4
M-72
SMAW
and a Howitzer.  
I got trained on the the M 14 but never got to fire it.  Same with that british rifle.  And Ive used a M1 grand for drill..

Oh I almost forgot! those Miniguns on the Hueys!  I was on a TRAP training mission and the crewchief let me squeeze off a burst with it!

crikey... I even submited this and i had forgotten my primary MOS -_-

Im and expert with both the 80mm and 61mm mortar systems employed by the Marine corps.

Myrdin

I work for a company that makes stuff for a lot of arms manufacturers and governments. I also have an FFL03 for my own use. So, I've handled a lot of weapons.
Several AR15 variants, FAL, M700, Remington 870, Mossberg 590, Model 12 & Model 1897, Galil AR and SAR, AK47, 74, and some other version, Saiga, M38, M40, M91/30, SVT40, MG42/3, M14, M21, Benelli Nova and M4, M2 HB, Bren Gun, nearly every ww2 rifle, SKS, lots more.
Not very many rocket or missile systems, though. A few artillery pieces. Sorry, I'm not too good with the names of crew served weapons.

CaptBrenden

There were alot ive used that I dont even know what they are.. mostly old WWII types.  we confenscated alot in the differnt weapons caches that we've uncovered.  Actually.. ive got half a dozen casings from on odd caliber rifle, that have the nazi eagle stamped on the bottom.. thats how old some of the weapons the insergents are using are.

Myrdin

Did it look like this?
http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl02-e.htm

or this?
http://feldbluse.ld.infoseek.co.jp/a-041.html

or this?
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&q=FG42&btnG=Search

Or something else? WW2 weapons are my personal favorite.

If it's that last one, do everything in your power to keep it. They are ultra rare and an incredible collectors piece.

CaptBrenden

there were a couple of all of those.  I got to tinker with them some at the range if we had ammo for them.  rounds sealed in cans perserve very well, some looked brand new

Myrdin

The K98 is worth $200+
The G43, K43, and similar variants start at about $1000 and go up from there.
The FG42 starts at about $4000 last I checked, IF you can find one.
STG44's are invaluable.

Please don't tell me they were destroyed.  ;164

CaptBrenden

every last one.

come to think of it.. I think I have footage of us usign a tank to crush one to make it in-op

Myrdin

NOOO!!  I said don't tell me!
It pains me so much to hear that. I cry blood.

CaptBrenden

They were confinscated enemy weapons and munitions, honestly.. what were we soppose to do with them?  US customs wont let them back in the states, and we cant have them anyways because that would be stealing.  they cant go to private owners.  Policy dictates that one or two may be kept there for training purposes (identifying threat weapons and the like) the rest must be destroyed to prevent enemy usage

Myrdin

I know they have to be destroyed now but it is still saddening. When my grandpa came back from Korea they let him bring two captured guns with him.

On the plus side, I love explosions and the EOD guys don't skimp on the PETN.