Just wondering if this Game-tans existed...

Started by Cernex, January 20, 2007, 12:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cernex

Well, I dunno... maybe I haven't searched good enough, who knows, really???

You know, basic stuff: Searched on Google, yahoo, and metacrawler... nothing, so far (either they don't exist, or I'm just a lazy investigator..."

Anyway, just wondering if they are Game-tans for the MSX, Sega CD (Sega CDX, perhaps??? You know, the one that played both Sega CD AND Genesis games, in just one console??? Here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_CDX ) and Virtual Boy???

Just wondering, that's all...

El Cernex

C-Chan

Yo Cernex.  ^__^

Glad you asked, as my very first post ever here was to find out if an Amiga-tan existed.  -v-

(Amiga, aside from being a great computer, was also a fantastic and underrated game system.... -v-)

Like with old OS-tans, vintage consoles seem to be in rare supply.  ^^'

I can offer you an MSX-DOS at least....

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=65&pos=10

And if you follow the link in the picture, you'll be redirected to the artists page, which talks a little about MSX (in Japanese, anyway...)

But I believe I've only seen ONE Genesis/Megadrive in all the time I've been a -tan fan, so I'm not holding my breath if a SegaCD-tan exists yet....  ^^'

If she did, the only thing she'd be interested in is watching movies all day.  Even if no one else wants 'em, she's gotta have her FMVs!  ^v^

(I was more of a TurboDuo fan myself, although only from afar,... never had one of those of my own.... -___-')

Same for Virtual Boy, although I'd imagine some intrepid artist would've had a lot fun with that one by now.  ^^'

Doesn't know how to dress or put make-up on, and will literally make you give up your breakfast, lunch and/or dinner...  -v-'

Cernex

Thanks for the MSX-DOS-tan, C-Chan!!! Something I really haven't thought about is the fact that there's, actually, several different types of MSXs (and don't get me started in "versions"... every PC company made IT'S OWN MSX MODEL). MSX, MSX2, MSX2+, and MSX Turbo-R, to be more exact.

I'm not sure if this MSX-DOS-tan is what I'm looking for (although it DOES helps). More than anything because I'm sure this one's an OS-tan.

Yeah. MSX-DOS is the MSX's very own OS. Go guess, :P

... Too bad there isn't any Sega-CD nor Virtual Boy tans... once again, something funny with the Sega CD is there are three versiosn around: The two addons (ya' know, one for the first Genesis model, and the toehr for the "smaller" second model??? Bet you're confused already) and the Sega CDX (which I own, :) ) model, which isn't anything else than a Genesis, a Sega CD, and a (very early generation) discman in one little machine.

I'll try pitching some ideas to a friend that's an EXCELENT drawer, but, being honest, I'm not sure wich one to do and "how" as I don't know how exactly this "OS-tans" thing works (Boobs = RAM; I do know that, but everything else... I mean, WTF the ass means??? :P), but I'll give it a try later on.

Luckily, there's only one VB model availeable, and, actually, I already have some ideas on my mind. I'll go visit my friend today, and see aht I can do.

Also, now that I think about it... have you ever seen a 32X-tan??? Because if you haven't, or she doesn't exit, I have A LOT of ideas for this ones...

For starters, and very basic thinking: The Gensis (which model??? still a mytery), the Sega CD (same as with Genny) and 32X are all sisters, while the Sega CDX is a distant, very kewl cousin, :P

The VB??? She's full of doubt in herself as she still doesn't know is she's a handheld or a home console, XD

But, I think I'm drifting away too much... the question remains: Has one of you seen this missing tans??

El Cernex

Megaman Z

I've yet to see a 32X-tan (or most of the older consoles' OS-tan), but the 32X just plugs straight into your sega genesis/megadrive.

<--used to have one... only had two games for it, though (Virtual Fighter and some racing game [I forget what])

C-Chan

QuoteYeah. MSX-DOS is the MSX's very own OS. Go guess, :P

Fufufu,... yeah, it figures I'd know a thing or two about Operating System-tans.  ^__^

But to be honest, I've yet to follow the video game console-tan scene closely, simply because consistency was thrown out the window with them.  Everyone wants to draw their own PS2-tan, and no one intends to get behind a single design.  At least the latest Wii-tans are more or less consistent (and damn cute too).  ^.^

Quote... Too bad there isn't any Sega-CD nor Virtual Boy tans... once again, something funny with the Sega CD is there are three versiosn around: The two addons (ya' know, one for the first Genesis model, and the toehr for the "smaller" second model??? Bet you're confused already) and the Sega CDX (which I own,  ) model, which isn't anything else than a Genesis, a Sega CD, and a (very early generation) discman in one little machine.

Now that I recall, yeah the Genesis/Megadrive  was released in 3 models,.. the first one was the giant one with the headphone jack, the second was half its size and no headphone, and the little known third one was like an uber-budget model that was so tiny, there were even compatibility issues with certain cartridge types....  ^^;

QuoteI'll try pitching some ideas to a friend that's an EXCELENT drawer, but, being honest, I'm not sure wich one to do and "how" as I don't know how exactly this "OS-tans" thing works (Boobs = RAM; I do know that, but everything else... I mean, WTF the ass means??? :P), but I'll give it a try later on.

True, there is an unwritten codec about how to represent Operating System-tans.  But video game-tans are fairly free-range in that respect, and generally don't abide by ritual breast sizes and stuff.  ^^'
Up till now, though, most sacrifice personality for a gimmicky body laden with hardware features.  -v-

QuoteLuckily, there's only one VB model availeable, and, actually, I already have some ideas on my mind. I'll go visit my friend today, and see aht I can do.

Had Nintendo stuck to their old "VR visor" prototype model, the Virtual Boy would've sold JUST for the sake of owning something Virtual Reality-ish (along with resurrecting dinosaurs, that was pretty popular back in the early 90's.... ^^;).

But that was their downhill era, so it probably didn't occur to them that an ugly design, duochromatic display and motion sickness wouldn't quite sell.... ^^;

QuoteAlso, now that I think about it... have you ever seen a 32X-tan??? Because if you haven't, or she doesn't exit, I have A LOT of ideas for this ones...

Again, if I had, it's probably done by some very obscure artist who hasn't advertised his/her design very well.  ^^;

For example, in my last Con, I found a fellow Alley Artist who was selling two beautiful (albeit expensive) renditions of her own NES-tan and Intellivision-tan.  Perhaps you'll never again find an Intellivision-tan floating around on the internet, but it doesn't mean someone out there in this world hasn't drawn one.  ^^;

As for 32X-tan, yeah if you make one, please allow me to pick a bone with her or two.  `v'

In my lifetime, I somehow ended with TWO 32X units, and both barely work.  Have about twelve games for them that I bought on the cheap, and they ALL suck (or if they don't suck, they crash... ^^;).  The commercials were probably more beautiful than half of these games...  -v-'

The GAWD-awful design of the hardware is clearly not only destructive to itself, but also a Genesis/Megadrive killer (fraternicide?).  

So the "Mushroom of Death" label is well-deserved.  ^^'

Yes indeed, Sega has always had a penchant for screwing up their fame... ^v^'

QuoteFor starters, and very basic thinking: The Gensis (which model??? still a mytery), the Sega CD (same as with Genny) and 32X are all sisters, while the Sega CDX is a distant, very kewl cousin, :P

Works for me.  ^__^
use Genesis Model I, and keep the other two as simply changes of clothing.  -v-
Saves on production time.  ^__^

Don't forget the original Master System (would she be like a mother or something?), or the Game Gear and Nomad.  ^__^

Saturn and Dreamcast, though, I believe were already taken care of somewhere.... -v-

QuoteThe VB??? She's full of doubt in herself as she still doesn't know is she's a handheld or a home console, XD

If it'll make her feel better, tell her she's a rushed product.  ^v^

*evil chuckle*

Megaman Z

Quote from: "C-Chan"As for 32X-tan, yeah if you make one, please allow me to pick a bone with her or two.  `v'

In my lifetime, I somehow ended with TWO 32X units, and both barely work.  Have about twelve games for them that I bought on the cheap, and they ALL suck (or if they don't suck, they crash... ^^;).  The commercials were probably more beautiful than half of these games...  -v-'

The GAWD-awful design of the hardware is clearly not only destructive to itself, but also a Genesis/Megadrive killer (fraternicide?).  

So the "Mushroom of Death" label is well-deserved.  ^^'
my memory isn't perfect, but I do recall having playability problems with the 32X games I had.

QuoteYes indeed, Sega has always had a penchant for screwing up their fame... ^v^'
point proven with the Saturn and Dreamcast

Quote from: "Cernex"The VB??? She's full of doubt in herself as she still doesn't know is she's a handheld or a home console, XD

If it'll make her feel better, tell her she's a rushed product.  ^v^

*evil chuckle*
oh, I think I'll be enjoying this...

(I know... man of few words)

C-Chan

Fufufu... don't worry, happens all the time.  ^v^

BTW, let me know if you need any info on even OLDER game systems.  ^__^

There is a C64-tan that I know of, at least....  -v-

Fufufu.... ^.^

Cernex

Not really. I'm into strange consoles (hence, the CDX), and somewhat retro stuff (MSX), but that's it.

Know plenty about them, too, so don't worry.

Something that I don't know how to "represent" correctly, is the fact that, most of the times, the console and the add-ons (Sega CD, Genesis (either 1 and 2... the third one didn't supported them) and 32X), just ended up just "stacked" one above another (at least, when you use the first Sega CD model, since the second model was "side loader")... dunno, maybe the tans should have some cables, or something... like those "twins" Wii-tans...

Dunno, really...

El Cernex