Infected os-tans

Started by Spysweeper, January 17, 2007, 11:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

SleepyD, you're STILL ruling?!  ^v^
By GAWD his coolness just won't stop, even after encountering that mysterious Japanese OS/2!  (see my comments at The Exit)  ^v^

Now that you mention it, I haven't done any actions ones yet either.  '__'

So far, I've only had a penchant for comedy and portraitures.  -v-'
I suppose when the time comes, Poser will be very helpful, but it would still be interesting.  ^^'

QuoteAnyhoo,
If Dr. Norton actually gets serious when he's fighting to protect his lovely OS patients, what weapon would he use?

"Sic 'em, McAfee-sama!!!", probably.  ^^'

QuoteActually, now that I think about it, what weapon would any of them use? And does an Avast-tan exist?

McAfee-sama strikes me as the rapier type, although it's precisely because a rapier would do little good against monsters that they strike me as all talk and no substance...  ^v^

Avast-tan might not exist, but then you did find that Warp 4-tan by digging real deep, so who's to say there isn't one floating around in some obscure corner of the web.  ^__^

If she does exist, she would have to be equipped with something Czech.  -v-

SleepyD

FFViper

What weapon's would Anti-virus use?  Well since I was doing a fiction once about the Os-tans I thought about that myself and I came up with some rather interesting thoughts.  Though since I did my story under it own original pretense (AKA: Not following stereotype if I didn't like them).

Norton - To me he came off as type of 'fist' person, so I never gave him a weapon ironically.

I didn't think of McAfee for that matter as it was mostly Norton and BitDefender in my story, so I got no ideas for the others.

Bit-chan, she had basicly 'bits' from Gundam as her weapon of choice.  In two modes, red offensive type... and blue defense type.  (Those who don't know BitDefender has two color schemes, the default red and a blue one.).

On a random note closer on topic about infected OS'.  From a computing stand-point most anti-virus 'prevent' virus' from taking effect therefore it would be sort of like destroying the virus before the OS was truly infected.  Also it should be noted that some virus, especially newer ones often can't be detected or even noticed sometimes.  (In my fiction is happens a few get by)  Also depending on the virus, the the tan might only suffer a small fever and small discomfort... all the way to near-death etc.

So... what type of infection you are talking about?  Something uber drastic?  Or just anything?

C-Chan

Wow, either you told us about your own fanfiction and I forgot, or everyone's been interested in writing lately!   Good for you, FFViper, ye of the Adorable Hacchan logo!  ^.^

QuoteLike.... Rico's CZ 75?

As the Captain says, YOU sir rule the Internets!  ^___^

Spysweeper

Well I had an idea for an weapon and attack for my ps2-kun he would be able to imitate the weapons that the characters use on his gamesystem. Meaning he can imitate the moves of any game on his system but in ps2 form and he can do what they do as well.

His ultimate move is called play in my world he does every attack that his game system plays at light speed.

Silentbob

Seeing a virus infected ME-tan would be scary.  She would probably bring about the end of the world.   ;013

FFViper

Scary?  I believe it would be quite comical since the virus would have major trouble working with ME crashing.  ^_^

Silentbob

Yeah, the virus wouldn't infect ME-tan, she would infect the virus.  :P

Aurora Borealis

Hey viruses, in some places, OS infects you! :D

Anyways, this story idea sounds very interesting! I've never seen an OS-tan comic series or story with the Antivirus programs as main characters before!

SleepyD

Quote from: "Silentbob"Yeah, the virus wouldn't infect ME-tan, she would infect the virus.  :P

BAHAHAhahaha. that's great.

Anywayz FFViper,
I'm thinking, instead of a virus being microscopic, we'd have a more human-like thing.  Or at least something visible.

I think the ILOVEYOU worm can make fun of anime cliches. XD

And hey, a rapier can do some damage in the right hands.  (You'd have to be bloody fast tho)
And like you said, most anti-virus things rely on prevention.  Bodyguards when they leave home, maybe?  

Two more questions:
How would you represent safe mode in certain OS's? I picture a kind of EMP kinda thing.... disabling most everything.

And second, (and I believe I've mentioned this a while back, or something like it), how do the anti-virus guys get updates? ......I'm getting memories from Nanoha As. hah

Xyanide

erm there actually already was a comic in the collection covering the ILOVEYOU virus.

and safe mode...i know! looking mini because of the low-res only and erm...less colours too perhaps...less clothes?? :P

Norton will probably do something perverted to get his updates, hilarity ensues, i like the idea :)

FFViper

Well I was thinking that too SleepyD.  I mean when I think virus in an OS-tan world I think really both.  There would be some that were small and such and of course the large monster kind too.  It all depends on the virus...

What would an OS-Tan be like in safe mode... well I think it would be lacking most of its features... so maybe the tan would have a different appearance.  Of course one of the 'Love Hina' idea of that might be lack of clothing *SHOT*.  Safe Mode doesn't covert too well to the Os-tan world now that I think about it.

As for the anti-virus programs acting as bodyguards and such, I thought of like the 'Town' of which the tans live in being the hard drive and Norton (and other Anti-Virus) having their own homes while the OS's have their own.  The mail man being programs like Outlook and so forth, and information off the web being requested by the tans would be by FireFox, IE, etc.  So I guess I have a way different view on it...

As for updates for anti-virus... college books.  They are full of useful information but cost an arm and a leg to buy. (subscription fee anyone?)

s8man

Quote from: "Xyanide"perhaps...less clothes?? :P

Norton will probably do something perverted to get his updates

Hehehe - I the only one to think this could take the 'safe' out of 'Safe Mode'??
:P

Spysweeper

yeah and anti virusis programs when updated are able to defend against virusis better as well.

Xyanide

Quote from: "Spysweeper"yeah and anti virusis programs when updated are able to defend against virusis better as well.

*warning*

utterly pointless post detected