Last Surviving Civil-War Web Camera Tells All

Started by MisterCat, January 16, 2007, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterCat

C-Chan

Oooh!  A Pub!  *v*

*braves snow to reach pub*

MisterCat

I'll buy the first round!  Mind, that pub is nothing special; but it's there, right across the street from my apartment building ââ,¬â€ and it's neither a biker bar nor a hangout for stupid young loudmouths.

;010

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

Snowed here againt too... i think washington is going for a record amount of snow at one time right now. Ive never seen it stick around for more then a week like this...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Nidas

You guys should go out and enjoy it while you can, we NEVER get snow here >_<

MisterCat

Well, Captain, it sounds like things up in Washington are just a bit too snowy.  See what you can do to get some of that snow sent over to where Nidas lives!

;012

=^..^=

Silentbob

Oh, snow.  We used to have lots of that around here in the old days.  Not anymore tho.  

But all I need to know is, does the pub serve good booze and is it cheap?   ;D

MisterCat

I'm sorry, Silenbob, but that pub doesn't serve hard liquor; which is just fine with me.  However, you'll notice in that web-camera photograph a building situated across the boulevard about one block distant.  On the ground floor is a hard-liquor bar, so if that's your poison (mine's beer) you're in luck!

Price-wise, I'd say the pub across the avenue from my apartment building charges reasonable going-rate prices.  I've no idea what the liquor-license bar across the boulevard charges, because I've never been there!

:smoke:

=^..^=

Aurora Borealis

It's snowing more where I live but now I want it to be spring. Had zero-degree fahrenheit weather this morning and I think that's the first time the temperature was less than or equal to zero in more than a year and I now realize how cold it can get where I live!

MisterCat

Aurora, I'm sure hereabouts there will be demands within a day or so that spring begin sooner than scheduled.  It's not been anywhere near as cold here, as it's been where you live:  About the lowest the temperature's dropped in Portland so far this winter was 15 degrees Fahrenheit, last week some time in the middle of the night.

So, are you glad you're not a landscape or wildlife painter?  Art which can be made indoors is definitely easier on the body in winter!

;012

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

Whats odd is I live in a port town, right on the water.. it never gets cold enough to snow here and its been cold enough to snow 3 times without thawing here -_-

Aurora Borealis

Those are strange. Must be unusual weather patterns around this time of the year?

I am also glad that I'm not an outdoors artist because it is awfully hard to properly use a paintbrush or pencil when fingers are frozen and the mind is not focused, probably thinking "BRRRR! Why the heck did I decide to go outside to draw in the first place in this single-digit temperature weather?!?!"

MisterCat

You'd think we were in the midst of an all-out blizzard here, the way neighborhood businesses are closed.  Even the Chinese restaurant is closed, which is something that never happens!

o_o

Anyway, Silentbob, with both the Chinese restaurant and the Hispanic grocery store closed I had to venture into the pub across the avenue in order to get anything to eat.  I'd not been there in a long time, so I was surprised to discover that in the interim they'd obtained a liquor license!

So, you can get your booze right there from now on!  I had a pint of das Hefeweizen and a cheeseburger, since I wanted (a) beer and (b) meat.

:smoke:

=^..^=

Added after 9 hours 15 minutes:

;117

=^..^=

Gummster

I love snow, it's cold and you can have a lot of fun with it. Even when you're alone, wonderful isn't it?

CaptBrenden

egads necro poster! eeewwwwww

but yes, snow is teh awsem.