What is the origin of your nickname?

Started by Exa, January 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anahuyu

My name was born in Super Smash Brothers Melee.

I was inputing some custom names... and I like japan, so I switched to japanese characters...

It is important to note that I was recently at the Japanese Embassy.

I put in the four character and thought, hey, that looks cool... how would that be pronounced in english?

So I took out my 'Views of Japan' book, went to the two languages and wrote down the English spelling of the japanese characters, the four-letter word came out, A-na-hu-yu. Not only did it look cool, it sounded cool. I use it everywhere since then.

My Avatar is Anahuyu.EXE. I made him using a sprite from MegaMan Battle Network. The sprite's only remaining feature is his face and hair.

My sig was made from ProtoSoul unison MegaMan, wich in japan I figure is called BluesCross-RockMan, since what would be assumed as ForteSoul unison RockMan wasn't translated the same, it was call BassCross-MegaMan. It was, however, not normally accessible in the english version. So, with the _____Cross-RockMan idea in mind, I created the sprite of AnahuyuCross-RockMan. I'd put the heart in there, but My bookmark to the only site still using the heart is no longer on my computer.

Edit: Woot! I found it.

The power of too much time.

seth

Well... Seth is the first name of the most redicously over powered Rifts RPG chara I have ever had. Not much else to it :P

Techno the fox

My nickname? Now that's a story worth telling.

A long time ago, on a myspace page far far away.
I decided to create a Sonic the Hedgehog fancharacter to RP as.
He was a Tails recolor, who I decided to name "Techno the Fox"

I try to keep my usernames the same on every other forum (to minimize confusion) and there you have it.

NekOSaka

NekOsaka. I'm a Nekomimi (cat ears/girls) fanboy, and an Osaka fanboy so NekOsaka. Unfortunatly after I joined this side I realized that I should have put my name as NekOSaka so it would have OS in there too. XP. I noticed that it can possibly be changed in my profile page, but would that reset my account or anything? Or can I capitalize away?

Ultimaninja

Ultimaninja
Ultimus (Latin): Last, final

ninja (Japanese): Spy

Final Spy

sildias

Interesting topic here.. ^_^
As for my nick.. well.. I'm writing stories for hobby, and there is one main character that i think really representating myself (well.. of course not all of it) and, i made the name by 'adjusting' the letters from certain word..  like this 'SOLDIER' -> 'SILDIER' -> 'SILDIAR' -> SILDIAS

eleven

Eleven is a number I see frequently. You could call it my lucky number I guess. ;012

NejinOniwa

Thirteen is a number I see frequently. It's my lucky number.

...however that might work...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Well Smokey explains two things about me:

1. I Smoke greens (dutch stereotype :D )
2. My logic is as clear as a puff of smoke

and it made my current MSN-handle wich also fits in here now that I think of it, DS: Digitaly Smokey - Powered by NintensDope
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

nagato

My favourite character from The melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya is Yuki Nagato. As a tribute when ever I join a website of this nature I use nagato as my user name.
Feb 4th 2008. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

"you wanna tangle red?" Stephen Colbert
"I wanna tangle." Conan O\'Brian
"How do you want to settle this?" Stephen Colbert
"I want to settle this a civilized way... with violence, violence ladies and gentlement." Conan O\'Brian
"Lets do it. Come on. I am going to kick your ass." Stephen Colbert.

NejinOniwa

Captain obvious, to the rescue. *pfft* ^_^
No, sorry, just kiddin'. Good that you're not one of those /a/fags - those guys...seriously.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

nagato

ok. This might be a stupid question but what exactly is an /a/fag? I understand the fag part but I don't know what the /a/ means.
Feb 4th 2008. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

"you wanna tangle red?" Stephen Colbert
"I wanna tangle." Conan O\'Brian
"How do you want to settle this?" Stephen Colbert
"I want to settle this a civilized way... with violence, violence ladies and gentlement." Conan O\'Brian
"Lets do it. Come on. I am going to kick your ass." Stephen Colbert.

Darknight_88

Aw, so no love for the Nagato class Battleship?

oh well
Quote from: "nagato"ok. This might be a stupid question but what exactly is an /a/fag? I understand the fag part but I don't know what the /a/ means.

/a/: as in http : //zip.4chan.org/a/imgboard.html

An imageboard. They're not known for being friendly to Yuki Nagato. Or TMoHS in general.

SleepyD

looks to me someone hasn't really explored 4chan. XD;

If you really haven't been there, it's probably a good thing that you don't, but now that I've mentioned it, you'll probably go anyway.

So, when was teh last time darknight played NF? :3
I don't even remember the last time I played. I still have a Fletcher. XD;;;

Darknight_88

I played NF during December and January. But now back into uni, so no more NF due to blocked ports D:

I have a Renown BC, and I started a second UK line to get an Edinburgh. But I still prefer my York :D
Also, ff-x is awesome.