Main Menu

FoodGirls Food-Tans

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, December 12, 2006, 04:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laevatein

A MRE-tan? Brings back memories of eating MRE's brought back by my dad after he served as a UN Peacekeeper in Iraq a couple of years ago. They make a perfect replacement for cup noodles when you don't hav time to cook, or just plain lazy (having a month worth of MRE's means I swore off cup noodles for quite some time) ^^;; Although I must say as someone who cooks his own food that MRE's don't taste that bad; some of them, like this Jambalaya rice one, was delicious IMHO. And then there was the powdered milkshake, just pour cold milk into the pouch, seal, shake and presto, my favorite of the MRE food XD

You should add one of MRE-tan's special powers: heating up when exposed to water =D

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

CaptBrenden

egads.. o_o i think if I had posted that at work, everyone would have thought you were clinicly nuts!! Oy i get sick just thinking about jambalaya!  the only ones a that wi would call "good" are the ones when they didnt try anything complicated.  Such as ravioli beef stew or spaggeti with meat sauce!  the crazy stuff.. like contry captain chicken, jambalaya, chicken teriaki... oy they turn my stomach. you cant take fine food, iradiate it and seal it way and expect it to be good agian.

but shakes are good. make you fat tho.. read the calories on that thing.. jebus its a meal in and of itself

tho... thats kinda funny, heating up when wet XD
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Laevatein

Well, if you can't take most of the MRE food, at least there's the included mandatory tootsie rolls XD

Frankly, the only thing I didn't like about the MRE's was the powdered orange juice (which is basically just orange food coloring  ;020 )

CaptBrenden

well, the trick is to eat them with your boys.  then as you eat you swap them with your buddies to get the components you want.  Like say you want a spiced pound cake... your ass out of luck no one gives that up.  bad example.. say you like the porkchop in gavey.  but you were the last to the case and ended up with jambalya.. swapem!  

plus, you get enough, you experiment so see what you can make with them.   Like you take the chili mac, melt the japano cheese, crunch up a cracker and mix it all togeather! mmm good

worst comes to worst, you can do like some guys do,  take EVERYTHING and mix it all togeather reall good in the brown bag it comes with and hope the unidentifiable goop is digestable.

Laevatein

A boodle bag of sorts? I don't think I can stomach that ^^;; I'd end up with a sweet/sour/salty/bitter/spicy/chocolatey milk flavored concoction that'll shut down all of my taste buds ^^;;

And I wouldn't give up that spice pound cake even if anyone pays me to XD

CaptBrenden

naw, that thing is GOLD out there.  your lucky if you find one cus someone normaly ratfucks the case for things like that before you get to it.  have to be there when the case gets opened.

Laevatein

I didn't know the situation with the spiced pound cake was that bad... although I wouldn't know, out of the 30 MRE's I recieved, about a dozen had spiced pound cake IIRC... yum...

CaptBrenden

-_- you lucky bastard.  We have gotten into grappling matches over those things.  There are a few other gold items out there but thats pretty close to the top.  there are also a few that NO ONE wants.  like just about any vegiterian MRE

Laevatein

Murphy's Law at work I guess... ^^;;

So what do those veggie MRE's contain anyway? Don't think I recieved those.

CaptBrenden

well there is a pasta alfredo one i think.. what else?  i dont remember rightly been a while and I avoided them if they said vegi anyways.  I know they came with vegtable crackers instead, and they simply contained no meat.  garenteed to get  fruit tho

Laevatein

Alfredo you say? Dunno about the other contents, but I would've liked to have that pasta alfredo (Im under the bias that ANY form of Pasta Alfredo whether cooked, not cooked, uncooked, overcooked or undercooked is a good Alfredo XD)

CaptBrenden

i love me some alfredo... cept that alfredo...

Laevatein

... I suddenly have this vision of an Albino girl with fettucini-like hair, Al dente!

CaptBrenden

yummy? o_O  alfredo tan!