Main Menu

FoodGirls Food-Tans

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, December 12, 2006, 04:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

What? Dont you like delicios cake?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Exa

I like delicious cake too but for me it's strange mentioning it that much.

To be ontopic: I also would like to see:
Ice cream-tan,
Cookie-tan,
Cereal-tan,
Pizza-tan,
... and many other.

Aurora Borealis

Actually, there is a Pizza-tan. She's another character created by Futaba and she looks like 2K-tan but with red hair, no glasses and wears a dress that looks like a pizza. Her favorite thing to do is push people (she's especially after 2K-tan) and is one of the OS-tan wannabes like Taeko/WE-tan, Yamada and Komepo

Ice cream-tans would be cool! (pun somewhat intended) I could picture them wearing ice cream cones as hats and wearing poofy minidresses that look like ice cream scoops. ^^

The Cereal-tans would most likely be based off the cereal the represent's mascots and the well-known ones like Fruity Pebbles-tan, Cocoa Pebbles-tan, and Fruit Loops-tan also have knock-offs that want to be just like them (their knock-offs are Fruity Rice, Cocoa Rice, and Fruit Rounds) that they have to be aware of.

And I'd like to see a Ramen-tan and a Chicken Fajita-tan! :D

CaptBrenden

Somewhere in the depths of topicless thread you will find the awnsers you seek, but it is a perilis journey, you may not come back alive.  Or if you do, you will be changed by the horror of it.

But Ill say this again, as Ive said with the aviation tans and a few others.  Simply drawing a girl with bits of food stuck to her and calling her tan is no good -_- Think about it.  some of the best OS-Tans dont visualy have anything to do with what they represent.  Like 3.1 sama and doskitty,   other then the ribbon pin and the collar you wouldnt know who they are, but there personalitys come from how people viewed that system and that is what makes them who they are.  The way 3.1 goes now where without dos,  the age of her clothes to represent the age of the system (compairitivly) her expressionless face and emotions to show how 3.1 lacked much in the way of letting the user express themselves (backgrounds, theams yadayada)  

Personaly, I think things are starting to get out of hand.  To many objects are simply being made into tans by combining things visualy and putting no thought into it.   Of all the other tans to come out the only ones that seemed to have the same amout of personality were the country tans. like merikan being the richest girl on her block, with a super hero complex and a strong sence of justice, but often belives her form of justic is right for everyone.   they didnt have to make her shaped like the USA to get across who she was.   Honestly.. people need to think a bit more before carelessly making a new tan..

Tho... Picture this:  MRE tan!  A girl in drab brown clothes(drab brown MRE bag), maybe dressed in fatuiges/cammies or something because she always out with the troops giving a them a pick me up when they are tired!  She also prolly wears alot of clothes, layers and layers of them complaining shes always cold (because MRES are 90 percent of the time eaten cold dispite the included chem heater, and also because MREs are known for exesive amounts of packaging.  a package of short bread cookies would be wrapped in sealed pouch inside the main sealed pouch, so effectivly being triple wrapped) Probobly has short almot boyish hair(again due to the lack of pizzaz to the packaging), and come to think of it she would be a tomboy cus shes always out hanging with the guys. Shes small but shes got alot of energy for her size (MREs dispite how little food they have in them volume wise, contain a metric shit ton of calories so keep you going) and loves to help out those in need(cus MREs are often given to disater victims)!  Dispite this tho, anyone thats been around her for some time starts to dislike her as he is a little too much to handle for a long time(gah, have you ever had to survive off of MREs for more then a week?  Blegh). She also looks very young for her actual age, and people are always shocked when she tells them how old she really is (ive gotten MREs that were over 6 years old before -_-)

Aurora Borealis

Good point! I'll admit to not being very fond of all the weird personifications like Mecha Musume, the food-tans, etc. although I tried to consider some ideas. They can be amusing to see sometimes  but they just don't have the charm and the quality of thought put into them like the OS-tans have. BTW, what are MREs? But I can assume they have a buttload of preservatives if you've recieved MREs that old though!

Exa

It seems that there is a point where those personifications fail being personal. The number of tans grows fast, so it's impossible to create unique traits for everyone. Food-tans are not so finished, the idea of Mecha Musume is interesting, but in that case, design is more important than characteristics (I think)... OS-tans are still the most complete tans.

CaptBrenden

Actually MREs are Meals Ready to Eat.  they are the pre packaged iradiated long life food that the US Military uses as rations and humanitarian relife.  A person can survive off of two of these small meals a day for months and keep up their strength due to how fortified they are.  However the food isnt very good as I said and after a while you dont even want to eat your two a day...  they come with everything you need,   a main meal, some kind of fruit usualy, a snack, some crackers with either peanutbutter, jelly, cheese, or jalapano cheese, a beverage mix, and a few other things.  They also come with a small chemical heater that alows you you cook your food using only water.

the MRE compleat..

its so hard to find the "or something" so I go with a rock...

a better view of the contents...

However, while im on the subject. MREs have spawned a new form of shinnigans, the MRE BOMB.  simply take the flameless chem heater and remove the chemical compond inside. take that powder and put it inside of a plastic soda bottle. collect up the mini tabasco bottles every one else has (they all come with one) and dump them into a small container.  Punch a few small holes in the bottle so it dosent expand too quickly... sneak up on your enemies unsuspecting tent or humvee they are trying to sleep in and dump the tabasco in the bottle, cap it, shake well and then drop in and move away quickly.  A gas mask might also help if using it in enclosed areas.  the tabasco will react with the chemical, venting tabasco filled steam burning and iritating the eyes throat and lungs of anyone who breathes it, and as long as you didnt poke too big of a hole in the bottle, it will expand rapidly and after a few seconds explode covering them in tabasco and filling their tent compleatly with the gas.  

do not do this in areas where people are on edge or have weapons, as the exploding bottle does sound like a gunshot or distant explosion.

NewYinzer

MRE...
*searches database*
Meals Ready to Eat
Meals Rejected by Ethiopians
Maria R. Etria
Meals Rejected by Everyone
Munitions Resembling Edibles
Meals Rejected by the Enemy
Materials Resembling Edibles
Meals Refusing to Excrete

Aurora Borealis

Ohhhhh... MREs are a prepackaged meals! I thought they were like some sort of sandwich or something with buttloads of preservatives! ^^;

------

HAHAHAHA! Clever MRE acronyms, NewYinzer! :D

CaptBrenden

yeah Ive heard and or used all of those before  -_- tho its not really the perservitives that keep them good. its the fact that they are Iradiated to kill absolutly anything that could possibly be in them that could make them go bad..... Kinda scary when you think about it.

btw, that last one is the truest of all newyinz -_- they make it so you dont have to poo...

95Direct

Food-tans, thats something I have never seen before :).

CaptBrenden

Aurora Borealis

An onigiri-tan. I second that "egads..."

95Direct

Ok, we have MacOS-tan and 95-tan representing the OS wars.
Now we just need Pepsi-tan and Coca-Cola-tan to represent the Cola Wars of the 80s ;).

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Actually MREs are Meals Ready to Eat.

And in the US army there are also MRE "Kosher" (pure) for jewish and muslim people who don't eat pork meat and AFAIK some MRE made all of vegetables for vegetarian people...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]