Main Menu

97-tan?

Started by congee, April 11, 2007, 11:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

congee

Lately I've been spotting something that looked like a 97-tan.
This is the first time I've seen it, but it's popped up quite a few times.
Anyone know the history of this one and where it came from?

Source: http://kazumi386.org/~ostan2/pic_uploader/

sadak5

There is a rumor saying Microsoft released a 97 Version of Windows, but thats all i know

Tsubashi

Well, technically Windows 98 was supposed to be 97, but the OS wasn't ready at the planned release date (Big surprise, ne?)

There was a beta 97 released, but beyond that, it was "Windows 98"
-Tsu

sadak5

yes, i remember. thats a tradition of Microsoft. Example: I have the Visual studio 2005 and it's put on sale at middle 2006 (LOL)

C-Chan

I do appreciate you digging out more pictures of 97-tan, though.  ^.^

We need those for our gallery!  ^v^

congee

I see. So this is that beta 97/98 then, eh? It's odd that I've never seen her until recently.

Anyhoos, C-Chan, you mentioned needing more for the gallery? How would I do that or whatever?

Edit: Nevermind, added.

C-Chan

Praised be the Congee.  ^___^

BTW, from your avatar, is it safe for me to assume that you like drawing?  ^^

congee

Ah. The avatar wasn't drawn by myself. I go to other forums, and one of the artists on another forum drew it for me.

But yea, I do enjoy drawing. I'm no good at it though, and lack of a scanner = unable to upload any of my drawing. Mine are more or less very simply round characters.

NejinOniwa

I've seen quite a few pics of her at various boards, although I haven't saved them on my drive...but I'll see what I can dig up.
(and i'm NOT talking about the conch...salsa...whatever. I mean, the "97-tan".)

Added after 36 minutes:

Righto'. Just some first scouting, here's what i found.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Hmmm...windows 97...interesting. Have any of these pix been submitted to the "other gallery"?

C-Chan

Holy sweet Mother Lover!!!  ^v^

I'm no Windows fan, but I appreciate a good underrepresented OS-tan (even Windwos-based) any day.  And those are good..... ^.^

NejinOniwa's been good about uploading stuff to the gallery lately, so hopefully he'll volunteer these too if he hasn't already.  ^___^
I've stopoed uploading myself because:

A)  We kept doing double work (uploading the same images).

B)  We swamped poor Pitkin.  ^^;

But as with Windows 95 OSR 2.5-sama, methinks 97-tan deserves more fanart.  -v-
I shall consider a cameo appearance at least.  ^.^

QuoteBut yea, I do enjoy drawing. I'm no good at it though, and lack of a scanner = unable to upload any of my drawing. Mine are more or less very simply round characters.

*sadness*  Aww,... but we could use more artists.  Lately this forum has been bustling with creative activity, so more is always welcomed.  ^___^

Even without a scanner, you can always try full 100% digital art if you're interested.  Either raster or vector-based, with help provided on request.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

That 97-tan is cool! Seeing her and has given me another possible picture idea! :D

congee

Quote from: "Bella"Hmmm...windows 97...interesting. Have any of these pix been submitted to the "other gallery"?
I submitted these yesterday but they haven't been approved.

C-Chan

Aa sou sou,... Pitkin-sama is a busy guy, so that might take a while to approve.  Don't worry,... he's thorough.  ^__^

Back to contemplating digitail artwork.  ^.^

And Aurora........................ *blushes* looking forward to your 97-tan.  ^.^