I wanna make the OS-tan fansite in Thai!

Started by panithan, December 02, 2006, 11:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Well you're free to modify images all you want, even if they're already wallpapers (look at Myrdin's Debian-tan with the cow guts... ^^')

I say go for it,... we need more tributes to the great Pig.  ^__^

*cough cough*

In other words, good news!  ^__^

Officially started work on your banner and seem to be flying through it.  ^.^

Will end up doing a compromise with the Thai dress,... ME-tan is trying out a beautiful gown, while 3.1-sama (still dressed in her usual clothing) is over on the side holding ME-tan's maid outfit.  ^__^

Would've done it the other way around, but ME-tan's cowlick and "!" tag is more recognizable, even with different clothing.  ^.^

panithan

Thank you!
  ^ ^

_/|\_   <- Thai Wai (Thai traditional way to greeting and say thank you.)

I'd like 2 banners. One with 'http://t-tan.exteen.com'
One without it...

C-Chan

*sees Thai Wai*

Ahh!  That gives me a great idea!  Fufufu..!  ^.^

*starts writing notes for himself*

BTW, just to see what I'm using for ME-tan's dress:

http://www.ramthai.com/thaidresses.html

The first pic, second lady (R077) is my template.  Simple dress to draw, but amazingly elegant.  ^v^

Still, wouldn't mind trying my hand on the ones at the botton (e.g, R054 through 26), if you prefer.  (May just take a tad longer to create.)  ^^

Fedora-Tan

Just to tell, since i didn't catch this thread before, that i'm ok with anyone taking content from this site (and sections) as long as the work of authors is respected.

Also, if anyone needs hosting for a project (OS Tan or not) i may be able to help so don't hesitate to ask. (at least, as long as it's not a huge bandwidth hole ^_^ )

panithan

QuoteBTW, just to see what I'm using for ME-tan's dress:

http://www.ramthai.com/thaidresses.html

The first pic, second lady (R077) is my template. Simple dress to draw, but amazingly elegant. ^v^
Couldn't agree more. Maybe that one is OK I thought...or Me-tan may look better on another color dress?

QuoteAlso, if anyone needs hosting for a project (OS Tan or not) i may be able to help so don't hesitate to ask. (at least, as long as it's not a huge bandwidth hole  )
Very appreciated. Thanks, Master Fedora! ^ ^
  _/|\_ (Thai wai again...)
If I have a project on the 4th year of college and need the hosting. I may...

C-Chan

QuoteCouldn't agree more. Maybe that one is OK I thought...or Me-tan may look better on another color dress?

Naturally, giving it a blue hue (with white trim) is in order.  ^__^
Don't want to stray too far from the original....  ^v^

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: panithan
Very appreciated. Thanks, Master Fedora! ^ ^
  _/|\_ (Thai wai again...)
If I have a project on the 4th year of college and need the hosting. I may...

No problem, just PM me with the details anytime you want (no need to make that now, just ask when you want). Also please keep in mind i may refuse (mostly for technical reasons) so just contact me about it, but not at the last time  ;010

panithan

Anyway...now I think I'll begin studying about Wiki editing. Even if I am not the active editor and never do it before. But maybe I could give some minor help in our wiki.  :/

C-Chan

Thank you Panithan!!  We need more active beta-testers at the OS-tan Wiki.  It's already growing much more than the original Wikipedia articles! ^v^

BTW, later today I'll post up my current progress on your banner.  ^___^

Added after 10 hours 24 minutes:

Is it later yet?
I guess it is!  ^v^

Okey-dokey, then, your OS-tans are nearly ready....  -v-

All I need is some clean-up here and there, and naturally some shading and highlighting.  ^__^

The actual banner portion will be quick, although let me know if the "Pleased to Meet You" on this list can be used:

(Usually 3.1-sama's frills are what irritate me the most to create, but I managed to cheat my way out of drawing them this time around.  ^^;)

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

There's no use hiding it,... Kamineko DOSKitty is pretty much canon for me.  ^__^

For anyone who's watched Azumanga Daioh, it just makes so much sense that she belongs to 3.11-sama....  -v-

CaptBrenden

Its tragic really.. after the release of 95 its become harder and harder to find work for her.  Doskitty made a cameo on that show to help bring in more money. But now that people have desccovered the tand behind the OSes shes got a job being the most precious girl ever :D  But doskitty will never be able to live down that cameo...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Gambatte ne, DOSKitty.  ^^;

Speaking of which, let me know if you've posted pictures of "msdos622" on any of the lounge threads.  I've kinda reverted back to sticking to the OS-tan threads, so I'm afraid I've lost track of what does or doesn't get posted there. -.-

Oh, and Panithan,...!
Where are you when I need you?!  ^___^;

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"Thank you Panithan!!  We need more active beta-testers at the OS-tan Wiki.  It's already growing much more than the original Wikipedia articles! ^v^

BTW, later today I'll post up my current progress on your banner.  ^___^

Added after 10 hours 24 minutes:

Is it later yet?
I guess it is!  ^v^

Okey-dokey, then, your OS-tans are nearly ready....  -v-

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/ThaiTans.png

All I need is some clean-up here and there, and naturally some shading and highlighting.  ^__^

The actual banner portion will be quick, although let me know if the "Pleased to Meet You" on this list can be used:

http://www.into-asia.com/gifs/thai_language/basics/basics2.gif

(Usually 3.1-sama's frills are what irritate me the most to create, but I managed to cheat my way out of drawing them this time around.  ^^;)

>_>
Can I give my critic?

About 3.1: Nothing to critic here. It's good. Maybe you could do the hair a bit more..."blowy". At some points, it looks a bit stiff IMHO

About DOS: lol. Nothing to critic here

About ME: Her legs...they bug me. The perspective of the legs is weird, the left one (HER left) should be farther than the right one. I know, it could also work in the way it is right now, but it looks weird, and I don't think a couple of shadows would correct the problem.
Her arms should be more stiff, they're too curve. Even for a chibi, they're too curved. And her hair...the tails should be more stiff, the actual flow of the tails looks unnatural.

To show my point:

Less than 15 minutes, 12:00 am and I want to sleep, so It's not perfect. But I hope it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about and how to correct it.

I really want to see this finished, but I think you should redraw ME-tan, so this can become a really great pic.

And panithan, I wish you the best of luck in your project.  ;010

PS: And on a side note, I think you should try to use variable-width lines in your future works. It really helps to improve vectorized works.

panithan

I think 3.1sama is cute! DOSkitty is okay. But Me-tan............... ;018
Maybe having some modification for her, or something like what Darknight_88 has drown.

For the Thai word, it's ok to use that. But I'll send some good Thai word to use with this pic later.

*go back to the college work*