I wanna make the OS-tan fansite in Thai!

Started by panithan, December 02, 2006, 11:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panithan

Yep, Iââ,¬â,,¢ve planned to build the Thai fansite about OS-tan. (Even Iââ,¬â,,¢m too busy to do it - -ââ,¬Ëœ) I wanna ask somethingsââ,¬Â¦
1. For the info. Should I translate it from Wiki, or think it all by myself, or both?
2. I wonââ,¬â,,¢t have the picture gallery in my site. (I think Iââ,¬â,,¢ll link to here instead). But I want some pics to put in OS-tan Bios section. Can I borrow some pics from here?
3. Any more suggestions?
Note: I wonââ,¬â,,¢t forget to CITE where I get the info or images from. I respect the original owner whose I borrowed his/her documentation and images.

Thanks ^ ^

SleepyD

Heh, so, is os-tan collections going worldwide? Interesting...

"I wonââ,¬â,,¢t forget to CITE where I get the info or images from. I respect the original owner whose I borrowed his/her documentation and images."

Then you have love from many artists.  However, if a site requests permission before art is used, I suggest you do not upload those pics unless you get that permission. (Not knowing how to speak their language is not a legitimate excuse)

As for the information, I think you can adapt the wiki info.

On a different note, I think the thai wikipedia page on OS-tan is lacking... http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87

As I am not in charge of the site or the gallery, you have to wait for Pitkin and/or DL(Fedora) as to whether you can use the pics here.

NewYinzer

I agree with SleepyD on this one. You might consider getting a Wikipedia account and editing the lacking Thai OS-tans page!

C-Chan

Dear GAWD!   Talk about lacking....  ^^;

I'd agree,...
Not sure how much experience you have with website construction, but Wiki editing is good practice if you're not used to it.

It's also cheaper and might receive more exposure.

SleepyD

While wikipedia is a wonderful thing, Jeff will say this:

Since a fansite would be a more social area, I recommend building that first.  And anyway, you seem like you really want to do it. If you need help with building it, I'm sure you can find some here.

If you do decide on working on the wiki page,
I do not recommend working on it all by yourself... Maybe post some basic info a little at a time, and hopefully it'll attract more people.  I'm sure one of those 14,910 thai users will come.  Again, this is if you decide to do so. We're not forcing you to do anything.  

Work sucks. Things you like to work on is fun. ^^

Pitkin

The pictures found in the gallery are for everyone and anyone to save on their hard drives or post on their own websites (hotlinking is not preferred, though), as as all of us know, most of the pictures on this site are originally from elsewhere and contributed to us by the dedicated 'collectors'. ^^

Naturally, everyone having drawn their own pictures have their right to say 'no', but I personally have no objections at all for using any of the pictures around.

panithan

Thanks for all the comments.
Looks like editing Wiki would be easier to try.
But I'll try build the fansite too.
If I face any problem, I'll come again -_-'
P.S. I'm still too busy to Wiki editing or building fansite now...

C-Chan

Yep, as a wise pig once said.... -v-

"Neither inspiration nor talent are ever the problem, but rather TIME."  ^.^

panithan

BAD NEWS...
Sorry to disappoint everyone. But I think, at my current skill, I can't do all of that (finding info, find good web hosting, never do flash animation, lack the good code, etc.) by myself.

And from this thread...
http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?t=323
He set the rule so that only exteen member can comment.

So, I decided to make it as a blog entry instead. It would be easier, and I could take more time to gather information (*stare at the Annex Project*) to make the good OS-tan information page in Thailand (I mean, have the clear explanation).
Anyways...I've create the first entry. Please come and comment to encourage me into doing it (even you don't understand Thai), thanks so much for the support! >_<

http://t-tan.exteen.com/20070120/entry

Added after 7 minutes:

I will change the config so that non-exteen member can comment too.

C-Chan

Yo Panithan,  ^__^

Well I take it more as good news than bad, since you already went ahead and fixed your problem by creating the blog site.  I like a person who proactively takes the initiative!  ^__^

From my browser at least, all the text is not word-wrapping inside the table, so it makes the page very very wide (did you use Dreamweaver, as I think you said in there?).

Other than that, I think it's a great start even though (as you say) I won't be able to understand it.  ^^'

Currently we are beta-testing our very own OS-tan Wiki, btw.  Once it's up and running, it will probably be a 10x better source of inspiration than my puny little Annex.  ^__~

panithan

C-chan~~~
Sorry to bother you, but if you have time, could you please take my request? Please make a banner for my blog? I like those Chibi renditions style you draw!

With something I want...
1. Pic: Some chibi OS-tans, 31sama or Me if possible
2. Width = 680 px
   Height = as you like...
3. The message "http://t-tan.exteen.com" on the top right of the banner.
4. (Optional) Your name as the artist.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

note: this Thai guy have no skill for art. TT ^ TT
And sorry to bother you again.

C-Chan

Yo Panithan.  ^__^
Thank you!  ^v^
I think they're a bit cheap, but I appreciate the kind opinion about my chibis.   ^____^

Tonight I've already schedule work on a fabulous new rendition of OS/2-tan and the A$C group, but how about a little later this week?  ^__^

Let me take down your order....

1) One large ME-tan and 3.1-sama, plus a side order of DOSKitty.  -v-
Would you like Thai dresses with that?  ^__^

2) Width 680px by 240px

3) "http://t-tan.exteen.com" on the top right of the banner.  Do you want a full name to go with that?  No extra charge.  ^v^

4) Don't need my name because ME and 3.1-sama are canon OS-tans.  In this instance, it's better to choose them over my original OS-tans, because otherwise visitors won't know who's on the banner.  ^___^'

panithan

O_o
THANK YOU!!!!

*extremely happy*

*faint*
Quote from: "C-Chan"
1) One large ME-tan and 3.1-sama, plus a side order of DOSKitty.  -v-
Would you like Thai dresses with that?  ^__^
Err...maybe not. Their original dress is cute already.
*brain storming*
I can't imagine how do they look like in Thai dress, Hmm.....
2) Width 680px by 240px
Oll Korrect
3) "http://t-tan.exteen.com" on the top right of the banner.  Do you want a full name to go with that?  No extra charge.  ^v^
It's just a temporary name. I planned to change it to something else.
4) Don't need my name because ME and 3.1-sama are canon OS-tans.  In this instance, it's better to choose them over my original OS-tans, because otherwise visitors won't know who's on the banner.  ^___^'
Alright, if you say so...

Thank again!

PS. Yike!!! You've become the moderator already!? Congrats!

edit: Oh! Maybe some computers in the banner is a good way to tell the visitor what my blog is about...

C-Chan

Yo Panithan.  ^__^

Having some delays working through your banner, due to the other projects concurrent with it.  ^^;

Haven't forgotten about it though,... just means it'll take a little while longer than I thought.  -___-'

panithan

No problem, C-chan! ^ ^

By the way, I've made a new XP wallpaper.
But I don't plan to upload it yet...you know...
I use XP-tan riding pig from the anonymous artist's wallpaper that's already existed.

What should I do?  ;015

[attachment deleted by admin]