Tsubashi

QuoteI've redesigned the -kun pics to follow that same 100x100 standard format:

I suppose we think along the same wavelength, you're just faster ^^;
That frees up a bit of time for me ^.^

Also, you put the wrong link for Homeo, but I found it:

Later: Apparently, you found it too
-Tsu

C-Chan

Hohoho,... consider it as part of the Pottery Barn rule.

"You break it, you pay for it."

I should've done those AVI's in that style to begin with, so I should be the one to take the time to standardize them.  ^___^

That leaves you more time to focus on the other characters that need articles and avi's.  ^.^

Added after 2 hours 27 minutes:

Oh wait, silly me.  ^^'
Only the infobox table is the template,... the actual headings are still written on the point of service of the article.  ^v^'

That makes our lives easier, then.  ^^

How about this then for Wikipe:

{| class="infobox bordered" align="right" style="width: 25em; text-align: left; font-size: 95%;"
|+ style="font-size: larger;" | '''--Wikipe-tan--'''
|-
| colspan="2"  style="text-align:center;" | [[Image:Wikipe-tan.png|Wikipe-tan]]<br>
|-
! Also Known As:
|-
! Original Creator:
| Kasuga
|-
! First appearance:
| Futaba Channel 08 Jan 2006
|-
! Website Personified:
| Wikipedia
|-
! Website Developer:
| Wikimedia Foundation
|-
! First Deployed:
| 15 Jan 2001
|-
|}

Tsubashi

Looks good, shall we apply the same to google-tan?

By the way, can anyone identify these?

They're obviously XP variations, but which?

Later:

Regarding the new infoboxes, what will we do about entries with multiple pictures?

Also, I loaded the new avis into all the OS-Kun pages, plus I redid the Google-tan avi, though its still a little fuzzy.
-Tsu

ZShadow

The second one is homeko, with slightly darker than usual hair, the top one I'm not sure of, XP beta maybe? X3

Aurora Borealis

I think the one in blue is the original XP Pro-tan. Because I've seen pictures of XP Pro-tan wearing glasses and wearing a futuristic-style outfit with wings on it and at the time those pictures were made, Saseko/Pekepi/XP-tan was probably a catch-all for XP. But she then became XP Pro-tan but the original's character design was reused for Homeko later on.

And I think the bottom one was the first version of Homeko but then artists decided to change her outfit, hair length and add glasses.

C-Chan

UWAAAAAH!!!  Did you make those avi's or did you find them?  They look incredibly cute, although since I've never seen them before either, ZShadow and Aurora's explanations sound good enough for me.  I hereby declare that those to are official alternative designs, and destined for our historical archive.  ^___^

(Just don't forget about them, or they'll be lost in this thread after we've added about 5 or 10 additional pages to it....  ^^;)

QuoteRegarding the new infoboxes, what will we do about entries with multiple pictures?

That depends.  If they're simply alternative designs for an emerging OS-tan (such as Longhorn or Vista), then I say add them all to the Infobox (we have enough space to put two across in each row).  

But if it's for two different OS-tans (such as Hacchan and Secchan), then I'd say put two infoboxes, one on top of the other.  Or consider breaking out the articles.  ^^;

QuoteAlso, I loaded the new avis into all the OS-Kun pages, plus I redid the Google-tan avi, though its still a little fuzzy.

Thank you Tsubashi-san.  ^__^
And yeah, I forgot about Google-tan and Komepo.  Normal Google-tan looks fine, but Chinese Google and Komepo do seem a touch too pixelated.  If you have the original-sized sources, maybe you can try redoing a bicubic resize and reinserting them back into the avi. (And while you're at it, I guess try and get a bit more of just Komepo's head and chest).

Added after 22 minutes:

Oh, and before I forget....

Here are the avi's for these two fine ladies....  -v-

The other dead-giveaway for Windows 97-tan is the kanji for "nine" and "seven" on her forehead.  ^^;

Aurora Borealis

There's a Windows 97? (I had a feeling that's who the girl on the right was when I first saw her because of the kanji on her forehead) And I like that rendition of Longhorn-tan! Looks very cute but others need to keep a considerable distance from her to avoid being skewered by her horn! ^^

C-Chan

Hehe.... the Wiki's starting to prove it's worth.  ^__^
Suddenly, more and more obscure characters are becoming less obscure.  ^.^

Tsubashi

Quote from: "C-Chan"Did you make those avi's or did you find them?

I actually found them while searching my files for chinese google-tan. I think it's a leftover from when I was first introduced to OS-tans.

Quote from: "C-Chan"Chinese Google and Komepo do seem a touch too pixelated.

Sorry, I was a little rushed. How are these instead? Which Google-tan is better?

Quote from: "C-Chan"The other dead-giveaway for Windows 97-tan is the kanji for "nine" and "seven" on her forehead. ^^;

Oh, Duh! Why didn't I see that?  (wait, not allowed to say that)
Well now we can be sure of her identity!

nice avis btw ^^
-Tsu

C-Chan

Hmmm,... well I'd hate to say the 2nd one since you can barely see the stars in the background.  But the first still has some major pixelation.  '__';

Hmmm.....

Gimme a sec....

*runs off to load up Photoshop*

Added after 2 minutes:

Okay, I think I figured it out.  ^__^

Before you resized the image, did you switch the color palette from Index Color to RGB Color?

I tried resizing the source file (http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=64) right off the bat and it also gave me a lot of pixelation.

But then I undid, selected Image>Mode>RGB Color, resized again, and presto!  The thing behaves now.  ^__^

Go ahead and try that.  ^.^

Added after 9 minutes:

FYI, I created yet another variant of ME-tan....  -v-'

Just kidding,... it's just a change of clothing.... ^.^

http://ostan-collections.net/post-14684.html#14684

ME-tan Thai-style.  _/|\_

Plus a genkier-than-usual 3.1-sama with a side-order of DOSKitty.... -v-

Tsubashi

Okay, thanks for the tip! Though, if you had it all resized already, why didn't you just finish it up? Probably would have been better.

Anyway, here's the Avis for Komepo and Google-tan

Albeit Komepo does need some work, but I just want to know if that was closer to the right proportions than last time. ^^;

I like ME-tans new choice of clothing! Can't wait till you finish it!

Later:

Wait a second, is that 2k-tan?!? Where are her glasses? And why are her ears pointier and bow drooping? Any ideas?

Here's the normal 2k-tan for comparison:

-Tsu

Exa

That 2k-tan without glasses seems a bit tired, too. Maybe some beta or before release edition?

C-Chan

Perhaps 2K-tan after one too many Mountain Dews and far too few hours of sleep. ^^;
Nah, just kidding.  Likely an earlier release.  -v-

Oh well,... off the to archive it goes.  ^__^

(seriously, though,... think a Wiki page storing all the avatars would be a good thing?  I know it'd be very colorful, albeit graphics intensive.  -v-)

QuoteOkay, thanks for the tip! Though, if you had it all resized already, why didn't you just finish it up? Probably would have been better.  

But then I would've deprived you of the learning experience.  ^__^
That, in my mind, is far more unforgivable.  -v-

(Besides, I didn't have the Chinese background.  ^^;)

QuoteAnyway, here's the Avis for Komepo and Google-tan

Albeit Komepo does need some work, but I just want to know if that was closer to the right proportions than last time.

Oh yeah!!  Chinese Google-tan is spot-on!  ^v^
Cut!  Print!  That's a Wrap!  ^.^

As for Komepo,....
I'd say closer still.  Try resizing it till the only thing that's captured is everything from half her cowlick, to just shy above the point of her elbows.  If her hands get cropped on the left side of the screen, then you can try nudging her over a little to the right.  -v-

Tsubashi

Quote from: "C-Chan"think a Wiki page storing all the avatars would be a good thing?

I think that would be a great thing! Sure, it'd have tons of grphics, but definitly less than the random picture thread ^^

Quote from: "C-Chan"Besides, I didn't have the Chinese background.

Since it's so hard to find... Ã,¬____Ã,¬

Quote from: "C-Chan"I'd say closer still.

Sorry... Too close last time, too far this time. Maybe I'll get it right this time. ^^;
-Tsu

C-Chan

You sure?  I thought they were too far last time.  Not that it really matter since Komepo has the body to flaunt.  ^^;

But still, with these avi's it's best to capture as much of their faces as possible.  -v-

In any case, I'll try making that gallery page later today.  Probably will use that little-known MediaWiki album feature.  ^.^

Added after 1 minutes:

QuoteSince it's so hard to find... Ã,¬____Ã,¬

LOL.  ^v^

Speaking of which, if you ever do want me to do or finish something for you, just ask.  When it comes to artists, I'm strictly laissez-faire unless otherwise asked to lend a hand.  -v-