Project WIKI

Started by NewYinzer, November 07, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Excellent.  I think it's settled then,... let's keep the discussion here...  ^v^

I'll just add some closure to the discussion panel and then bring all the posts here for everyone to follow along.  ^__^

Thanks for creating Seamonkey's and Nvu-neesan's page.  I might add a thing or two later to Nvu-san's page when I load up her avatar.  ^^

As far as We-tan goes, I was thinking of making a separate page entitled 'Os-tan Related Characters & Memes' to put all the miscellaneous characters such as We-tan or Astaroth (sp?) in.  Reason why I want them separately is because:

A) They generally don't personify anything, unless they're based off existing work (e.g., all the Rozen Maiden Futaba memes).

B) There's way too many of them, enough to swamp legitimate Moe personifications.  ^^'

May not sound relevant at first, but just think how much better the OS-tan fighting game will be once you know who (or what) all the other non-OS-tan characters are!  ^v^'

NewYinzer

Okay...we'll keep the discussion here. I like adding the special page for the offshoot characters, such as Azaroth, We-tan, that lemon thing, those funny looking maids, and all the random characters that pass through Futaba.

*goes down the Offtopic Hill*

BTW, C-Chan, it is absolutely necessary that I have intimate knowledge of Ranma 1/2, Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Cardcaptor Sakura before I can be considered a true otaku?

C-Chan

QuoteOkay...we'll keep the discussion here.

Don't forget the name/description change.  ^^
Need something with more "OOMPF!" than just Project Wiki (it is our darling Wiki, after all)... ^v^'

QuoteBTW, C-Chan, it is absolutely necessary that I have intimate knowledge of Ranma 1/2, Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Cardcaptor Sakura before I can be considered a true otaku

Nope.  ^__^

Add in Slayers and Excel Saga, and THEN you'll meet the infamous Otaku Quota.  ^v^;

Tsubashi

Oh NO! I'm stuck! I just uploaded a page on google-tan, but am at a loss where to put her!!! Does she go under Moezilla, or... Where?
-Tsu

C-Chan

No prob, no prob....  ^.^

I created a "Site-tans" category, since we eventually have to add Wikipe-tan and some of Aurora's -tans that personify Internet hotspots.  ^^

BTW, finished Nvu-tan,...

...but ran out of time to do other things.  ^^;

Will try again tomorrow....  -v-

Tsubashi

Yay! sugoi! Amazing! and all other good things!
Soon our little wiki will be quite well established

Oh, and nice edits to the main page btw!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Least I can do given my tight "shedule".  ^^'

Well, I'm off.  I leave the rest in your hands for today.....  -v-

Tsubashi

meh, I'm out of time too. I'll just upload two more vis-tan gifs and call it a day
*staggers away under a pile of homework*
-Tsu

C-Chan

Good work as usual, you two.  ^__^

FYI, created more framed 100x100 avatars for Mcafee and Trend Micro.  Just to keep them similar to Norton....

Also preemptively created an icon for this presumed alternative version of XP Media Center Edition, just in case we can find a home for her, and a Wikipe-tan, just to show we're nobler than our predecessors....  ^___^

(These two I haven't uploaded to the Wiki yet, btw)

Speaking of obscure Windows-tans, anybody out there can help us identify who these two are?  ^___^

Larger Versions:
http://kazumi386.org/%7Eostan2/pic_uploader/etc/ref/1157640647088.htm
http://kazumi386.org/%7Eostan2/pic_uploader/etc/ref/1156140991856.htm

Tsubashi

QuoteSpeaking of obscure Windows-tans, anybody out there can help us identify who these two are? ^___^

Hmmm... bottom one is longhorn, I think (for obvious reasons), but the top one has me stumped...
-Tsu

C-Chan

Hooboy, I kinda was worried that she was an alternative Longhorn.... ^^;

Since she appeared here....

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10622/1164457531676.jpg

...I was secretly hoping she was something other than Longhorn #324.  ^^;

Tsubashi

Oooh! Found it! the top one is Window 97-tan. Windows 97 (the actual OS) is actually Windows 98, M$ just couldn't release it in time...

http://kazumi386.org/%7Eostan2/pic_uploader/etc/src/1145850106032.jpg
It was this picture that tipped me off, you can see "97" in the top right.
-Tsu

C-Chan

Fufufu,... and then you wonder why I call you a genius.  ^__^

In any case, if memory serves, I DO remember the articles for a "Windows 97" (also a Windows 96 at one point).  

Awesome,... in that case, I say she deserves an article.  ^__^
And, of course, an Avi... ^v^

Tsubashi

Your right, though I've never seen a 96-tan, there's probably one out there.
BTW, while researching Win 96 I came across this utterly laughable quote

QuoteFester emphasized that Microsoft has always seen Internet Explorer
   as "an operating system upgrade. We could have called Internet
   Explorer 3.0 'Windows 96,' but because of the state of the market
   at that time we called it a browser."
-Tsu

C-Chan

Oh dear GAWD, they were just as shameless then as they are now...  ^^;

If only they had the same level of fierce competition then as they do now in every market (game consoles, OSes, internet browsers, music players, etc.), they wouldn't have said such laughable things.  ^__^;