Started by ShinraKenshin, April 28, 2005, 08:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinraKenshin

Post and Vote ^^

Edited*

THERES YOUR DAMN CUBE HAPPY NOW ^_^!

:ph34r:  

FabianN

PC all the way. More power for your buck, more games, and don't need to buy a compleat new one for new games. Just got to upgrade here and there.

L33t 4g3nt

Playstation 2 all the way!!!!! w00t w00t!!!!!! It is the best console out of the three that are out right now. Many may argue that graphics are everything, people who own some console that will not be named, but you may have spectacular graphics but nothing will ever surpass a superior game, gameplay, and storyline. Games such as Metal Gear Solid, numerous fighting games, the infamous Grand Theft Auto series, a handful of great FPS like Timesplitters and SOCOM, a plethora of RPGs like Final Fantasy and Xenosaga, and many others call the PS2 their home.

I don't feel like going on a rant/tangent, but those are my thoughts gathered in 5 seconds.

((This is a focus on the three consoles, therefore I am not comparing it with the PC, which I know and use the most for most of my online FPS, MMORPGs, and RTS games.))

Atomize

I wouldn't really be able to pin down my favorite gaming platform, mainly because I'm into all kinds of games.

Of the three major consoles out there, I own two of them, a Playsation 2 and an Xbox, I've had tons of fun with both of those and if I were to pick between those, PS2 would edge out ahead mainly because I've had it longer and have more games but really I don't see it as easy of all that. There's been all sorts of titles between them that I've had a great time with.

I've also enjoyed PC gaming quite a bit and would continue to do so were my compter a little more up to date. As it is though, my older titles still appeal to me and I load them up now and again.

Picking a favorite isn't something I'd feel I'd be able to do.

Then again, I'm indecicive by nature...  :P

Ayromek

PC gaming all the way.  Like FabianN said, you don't have to buy a whole new system to play the latest games - usually just upgrading your video card and RAM every now and again is enough.  On top of that, the prices for PC games tend to drop faster than the prices of console games.  If you're patient enough, a game is eventually going to work its way into the "bargain bin" where you can pick it up for between ten and fifteen USD.

Also, with the exclusion of your MMORPGs, you generally don't have to pay a subscriber fee on top of your connection fee to play games over the network.  Battle.net, anyone?  As hack-infested as it may be, it's free.

Throw in the fact that computer games often support user-generated mods and patches, and I can't see why anyone would want to go any other way.   B)  

FabianN

You can't forget the huge selection of free games too ^_^
Only for the PC can you find the number of free games that it has.
The computer just has a huge selection.

Now, if you were counting only the video game systems, I think they are all the same, just each one is for a different gamer.

PS2 is prime RPG. Those that love RPGs should have a PS2.
X-box is more for mature gamers. Lots of violence and such.
The Game-cube is a great family party system. Things like Super Smash Bros, Monkey Ball, ect.

goostash

PC all the way! Like FabianN said, all you need to do is upgrade and configure every now and then. Besides... Here's a scenario:

Buy a PSOne...
After buying 15 games and a month later...
PS2 comes out....
Buy PS2....
Buy lots of games...
PSP comes out....
Buy PSP....
Another console from Sony comes out...
Buy that console....
Buy games....
YET ANOTHER console appears...

And it's a neverending circle. Basically, in the end, you're left with useless plastic lying around, an empty wallet, and a bank account with a negative balance!

For PC's, basically, go build yourself a premium system of your preferences, get top quality parts, buy games, play with your PC's settings... buy more games... and play 'em.

All that for less that 1/4 the price you'd spend on all that console madness happening...

Pitkin

I'll vote for Other, as I cannot ignore the countless great hours I've spent playing my old Commodore 64 computer (and later its emulator on PC) from 1980s. The games like the great Epyx sports games, Last Ninjas 1 and 2, Commando, Power Play Hockey, Great Giana Sisters, Microprose Soccer, Italy 1990 and alike I still play once a week for nostalgy and gameplay. ^_^

Other than C64, I could also vote for Amiga and PC. I've never been much of a console player myself, no matter if the NES games Anticipation and Mario 3 I love very much. On the other hand, should the new Princess Maker 4 land in Europe, I'd be ready to purchase the PS2 console just to be able to play that.

Oh, shucks... such a messy first post. Apologies. ^^;

Agelu

er.... where's my beloved Cube on that list...

*sigh* -_-  oh well...

anyway, PC was the first AND still is the KING of gaming. Just nothing can beat it. You name it, DVD, HD, Internet, MMORPG's, anything...

AND, if still the computer for itself isn't enough, you can have all other systems, thanks to emulators. Yeah, sure, under some circumstances can be illegal, but it is possible. Games like, in the dead Game Boy (the first one) would be practically impossible to play, due to hard-to-find titles. But with the PC, you can bring alive those old memories... :)  

timely

I'm with you on the PC's fitness
as a gaming console. Most excellent
adaptability, near universal media
acceptance, and those ol' emulators
do make it a superior option.

Just IMHO.

Cordially,

Timely
Senectus est natura loquacior. (Cicero)

CaptBrenden

I have one hell of a powerfull computer.. but i still prefer my Xbox 360
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Myrdin

I do like my pee-cee. Built it myself.
You can actually use the x-box controllers with a PC using a cheap adapter. I don't like to, but saying that usually denies the x-box fans any major arguments in their favor.
I really, really don't like HALO.
I have Half-Life series.

CaptBrenden

No adapter is needed if you get the corded 360 controllers, just a driver free off their support site.  However Im finding alot of games just dont support proper use of a controller, even if you plug it into your computer.  Halflife 2 is an example.

Myrdin

Hmm... HL2 worked fine with the controller I tried. Then again, my computer seems abnormally compatable with everything. I've had one crash in over a year and every install completes flawlessly. I promptly removed the controller and went back to the keyboard after Route Canal, though.
Homeko has been good to me.

CaptBrenden

It alows you to enable a joystick.. btu dosent let you pick which one or what it does, and it also didnt respond to letting be bind functions to controller buttons. It prevents me from usint the controler for the best configuration for FPS and that irks me alot.

another advantage to consols that computers can do.. but its a major pain in the ass, is play on your home thearter system. Its alot esier for me to play my games on my big screen HDTV with 6.1 point surround sound with the consoul