Main Menu

Inspiration

Started by NewYinzer, October 02, 2006, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

As you may already know, quite a few OS-Tans are based off of popular anime/manga characters. I have taken the time to compile a list of the ones I suspect were inspired off of certain characters:

ME-TAN:
She bears an uncanny resemblance to Canal Volphied from Lost Universe:

95-TAN:
Her habit of wielding a katana at impromptu times and randomly attacking people are characteristic of Motoko Aoyama from Love Hina:

VISTA-CHAN
Here we go again! One of the hundreds of designs is based off of Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden:

Homeko
Her character is mainly comprised of about 50% huge breasts, 50% yaoi complex. She is exactly like Shikijou Saori from Mahoromatic:

Does anyone have anything else?

brougeXP22

98-tan looks alot like Shinobu Maehara from Love Hina

C-Chan

That seems like an implicit nod to the Rozen Maiden Vista as the offical one.  ^___^

Don't mind really, since she does have the lead as far as drawings go.  ^.^

Might be in over my head with this, but I can tell you which characters inspired my own -tans....  ^v^

Amiga:  Didn't start with anyone in mind, but used "Miyu Yamazaki" from 'SuperGals' as my base, and unconsciously made her head look like Sakura Kinomoto from 'Card Captor Sakura' (by the time I realized it, she was too cute to change...  ^.^)

PalmOS:  Mint and Vanilla from "Galaxy Angel"

ZX Spectrum:  Hikari from 'Haibane Renmei'

C64:  Skuld from "Ah! My Goddess"

PET:  Rika from 'Card Captor Sakura'

OS/2:  Unknown manga character (from my... "unique" brand of hentai, so won't post... ^^')

RISC:  Wendy Earhart from "ROD the TV" [series]

Apple Lisa:  Tiara from "Shamanic Princess"

Windows 1.0:  Princess Tutu from, er, "Princess Tutu" (prior to using Aurora's and the unknown artist's designs).  ^^

Windows 2.0:  Angelica from "Gunslinger Girl"

PTS-DOS and Apple II, however, have no template.  Those two (plus Amiga, sort of) were created entirely from the ground up.... -v-

NewYinzer

QuoteThat seems like an implicit nod to the Rozen Maiden Vista as the offical one. ^___^

Not exactly. I just wanted to bring the inspirations for all the OS-Tans and put them in one place.

Quote98-tan looks alot like Shinobu Maehara from Love Hina

I never really noticed that. But now that you mention it:

brougeXP22

see? i told ya!  ^_^

C-Chan

QuoteNot exactly. I just wanted to bring the inspirations for all the OS-Tans and put them in one place.

Precisely!  Since you picked that one over of all the others, you've just immortalized Vista in this thread....  -v-

*clap clap clap*

Congratulations, NewYinzer!  ^v^

The design is now locked and ITS - ALL - THANKS - TO - YOU!!  ^.^

I'll go telephone Niijura now...  Ã,¬.Ã,¬

Quote98-tan looks alot like Shinobu Maehara from Love Hina

That and lots of other generic adolescent anime girls....  ^__^'

But in the interest of time, yeah I vouch for Shinobu.  -v-'
All we need now is to test if she's a Futa too....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

NewYinzer

QuoteAll we need now is to test if she's a Futa too.... Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

Oh dear gawd no...
*seizure*
I'm okay! I sometimes get a seizure if I think about futanari's.

Silentbob

Yeah, I've noticed many of the -tans have a familiar look to them.  But that's just ok. There are so many anime characters out there that are cute or good-looking, it's cool to create similar looking OS-tans.   ;010

brougeXP22

yep! everybody loves hot anime jail-bait ;010