Genshiken: The manga of real life of Otaku people

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, February 24, 2007, 05:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Genshiken it is a very unusual manga (and then also anime) depicting the life of a club of university students who like manga, anime, cosplay, 3D figures, models, doujinshi and hentai games/parodies.

I found it more real than real life.

Very very cute and calm history, but full of all those situations that may occurr in real life, and sure even to us who like anime/manga.

Read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genshiken

http://www.soul-reply.net/genshiken/

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1442,qifeae,genshiken.html

Official site:

http://www.genshiken.info/

Random images from Anime and covers from Manga or DVD:

So imagine my very surprise when during my navigations I found one image of character Kanako Ohno the cosplay queen of the manga circle in an XP-Tan costume.  o_o

Sure very strange and interesting that a character of a Manga it is cosplaying a TAN.  ;012

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Laevatein

So is that pic official? O_O I already knew Genshiken rules, but this takes the cake XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zjhentohlauedy

;068 , I'm gonna read the manga... that wasn't in the anime.
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

seems a bit misplaces... ill move it to the anime and manga forum
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Raffaele the Amigan

@ CaptBrenden:

Well, fall from behind in the wrong place, it seems that you missed a bit the topic  and why I posted it in "OS-tan fan-fics, Comics and fan-stuff".

It is the tribute of an artist to XP-Tan.

Instead than designing one XP-TAN with his style of drawing, he preferred to use one of his fictional characters and he draws her (Anako) dressed as XP-TAN.

This is why I posted it in "fan-stuff".

Just because it is a tribute to any TAN that was made by a "fan", even if he is a professional.

@ Laevatein:

It seems to me the style of the master artist, then... Yes, it should be original.

But I must check for precise reference from the author.

@ All:

It doesn't seems to me that this pin-up is from the Manga. At least here in Italy publishing of it is not yet concluded.

@ zjhentohlauedy:

Thank yopu for your testimony about the Anime.

If you have complete manga, please check about TAN cosplay of Anako Ohno. As I said the publishing it is still in course here.
But I think it is just a pin-up drawn to publicize the Manga or the Anime, or even better, as I suspect.
Because I think it is a tribute to all TANs made by the "Sensei" Kio Shimoku.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

desu

Already read the manga, watched the anime. The story was simple, but really funny. Yes, Madarame depicts very true characteristics of an otaku :D.

kasidid

I'm now reading vol.6 but I havn't seen Ohno cosplay as XP-Tan yet.

hakase

haha my friend was reading it all night yesterday and gave me a copy... very interested now... thanks ^_^

blackjoker39

Do you think they'll ever have a second season??

Or a complete Kujian perhaps??

doel89

Xeon

Loved the anime never read the manga,one of the catchiest openings ever

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

kasidid

Vol.9(End) is gonna release within this week here in Thailand. ^^
Can't wait for it.