Main Menu

Question!

Started by MisterCat, September 24, 2006, 05:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterCat

Can anyone explain to me the purpose of those weird sleeves worn by XP-tan?  What, one wonders, are they for?  Of what are they supposedly made?  How do they stay in place?

;018

Everything about XP-tan's wardrobe makes perfect sense, to me anyway, except for those oddball sleeves.  Your enlightening and instructive remarks on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

:smoke:

=^..^=

rdhdtwns

They're like arm-warmers, really. I don't think they serve any other purpose other than what XP is known for - prettyness without actually serving some kinda purpose. So the arm-warmers, really, are just another part of the bells-n-whistles concept of XP (the -tan, and the OS)

Also, that kinda design (flowy arm-warmers) are popular lately and can be seen in other non-OS tans and anime characters. (like moe-tan, for example).

Oh for reference too, I made my sleeves out of the trigger poplin (think girl/boy scout uniforms), and then organza since it seems rather transparent in most designs. I'm imagining they stay held up by ~*~magic anime power of no gravity~*~. Mine were constantly falling down.
So cute it\'s deadly!

Ultimaninja

They remind me of those old huge puffy arm sleeves...

Also they are pretty cool

NewYinzer

QuoteThey're like arm-warmers, really. I don't think they serve any other purpose other than what XP is known for - prettyness without actually serving some kinda purpose. So the arm-warmers, really, are just another part of the bells-n-whistles concept of XP (the -tan, and the OS)

Spot On! They represent the unnecessary add-ons to Windows XP. Like that stupid dog that acts as the search assistant. I'd like to cap him like Old Yeller...

rdhdtwns

Yah, thats why I changed it to the cat. XD

I did my research .-.;; I had to stare at all those pictures of XP-tan..  ;010
So cute it\'s deadly!

MisterCat

Thank you, rdhdtwns, for explaining all that to me.  Yay!  My curiosity has been satisfied.  Indeed, useless add-ons are one giant pain in the neck ââ,¬â€ or the arms, in this case.  I very much like the idea of the "magic anime power of no gravity" and wish it could be purchased by the bottle (or box, or can, or whatever) at one's local grocery store.  Hey, a new project!

;019

=^..^=