Main Menu

Source Fource

Started by Darknight_88, February 20, 2008, 11:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteBella-san. I enjoy looking at your art quite a bit, but if I may, Id like to make a note/saggestion. Ive noticed that your main issue is your proportions.

not the best tutorial but here:
http://animeworld.com/howtodraw/bodies1.html
its all i could find on short notice. Ive got better books on it in my libary, but im in a rush and cant scan them now.

The best way to figure out proportions is using the head length method. Depending on the style of character your trying to draw a differnt head ratio may be required (such as in extream, chibbies can be drawn with a 2 to 3 head length ratio) childeren or younger characters use fewer heads. a baby/infant would be 4 heads, teen 6, and adult can or tall character could be up to 8.

Im glad you didnt get flamed for it, but someone did comment on Nejins thead that the legs on Mac there are waaaay long. Hopefully if you apply and use this technique youll see instant improvement in your art.

However when ever i make a critique and saggestion a complement always follows. One of the things Ive noticed about your art and have always enjoyed is your unerstanding of how clothing folds and how to abriviate it to capture the sence of the fabric without requiring exessive lines. Im not sure if its something you conciously make an effort on or if it comes naturaly but its very good. Bravo.

Thank you Captain :) I do tend to draw my character's legs a bit too long...but it's never really bothered me as much as it probably should. I'll probably look back some day and wonder WTF? XD

As for the clothing, it took me months of observation and practice to finally make decent looking folds, and even more time to make them look more natural or flowing...but I always kept trying to improve.

Quotedrawing improves with time and practice. I feel even someone with not talent what so ever if they are willing to work at it can draw well.. if they strive to. "Im not good" or "i have no talet" is whats holding people back

I agree. Practice...and time...make perfect... ;012

Quotebut it is annoying to have a brilliant picture in your head wich ends up terrible on paper...

Oh, I've had that happen...you just have to keep working at it...

QuoteSomething that I just realized... these will obviously become THE official canon OS-tans! No matter how we look at it, it was the mother company of the softwares that made the drawings.

And I guess I have to include them on the wiki thread... as much as I hate to even think on it. All my work... brought to a mute point because of a whim from a seemingly uncreative company. T_T

Now now, there is a difference between a corporate mascot and an OS-tan. It's the reason the Mac and PC guys, the BSD Daemon, BSD Devilette or any other "mascot" aren't considered "-tans" or OS personifications.

Because OS-tans are, like a said before, a personification, almost always female, of a certain OS. Mascots are just a character that doesn't necessarily represent the OS itself, and probably doesn't have anything in common with the OS (c'mon, did you read the bio for Vista Sensei XD).

QuoteNo worries. If we just can stop it from being socially known and accepted, nothing will happen.

Woohoo a conspiracy!

Smokey

Yeah! Let us conspire against Microsoft... Mwuahahahaharrrrrrr... *ahem*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Kiso

QuoteSomething that I just realized... these will obviously become THE official canon OS-tans! No matter how we look at it, it was the mother company of the softwares that made the drawings.

And I guess I have to include them on the wiki thread... as much as I hate to even think on it. All my work... brought to a mute point because of a whim from a seemingly uncreative company. T_T
Now now, there is a difference between a corporate mascot and an OS-tan. It's the reason the Mac and PC guys, the BSD Daemon, BSD Devilette or any other "mascot" aren't considered "-tans" or OS personifications.

Because OS-tans are, like a said before, a personification, almost always female, of a certain OS. Mascots are just a character that doesn't necessarily represent the OS itself, and probably doesn't have anything in common with the OS (c'mon, did you read the bio for Vista Sensei XD).
*slowly nods*

I see... so there is hope for my wiki work to be still be quite functional, that is quite the relief.

I guess I can be hopeful of myself and my OS-[tan/kun]-making goals.

*wanders around whimsily*

QuoteNo worries. If we just can stop it from being socially known and accepted, nothing will happen.
Woohoo a conspiracy!
YES!! Let's boycott corporate mascots.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

NejinOniwa

Because OS-tans are, like a said before, a personification, almost always female, of a certain OS. Mascots are just a character that doesn't necessarily represent the OS itself, and probably doesn't have anything in common with the OS (c'mon, did you read the bio for Vista Sensei XD)
Well said, milady. Well said.

And boycotting THOSE things are about as hard as defeating a grilled chicken in combat. I mean...SERIOUSLY. "Windows Vista SENSEI".
It makes me want to go SSJ on those fukken idiots at marketing.
And YES, I found my entire Dragonball collection while I was fixing my room...so here I am. Old days ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

Just for everyone's mental stability and information, this shit is now gone. Without a trace.

Did M$ troll themselves, or what? I dunno, srsly. We should've archived that shit. -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

ADMIN!!!! We gotta thread needs killin'!!!!

Get the shoggun pah![/redneck]
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Aurora Borealis

*grabs shotgun* Well goshdurnit, it looks like we're having old thread for dinner again!