zerOSanity!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 10, 2006, 12:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Iyaaa!  Is it my imagination, or are those poor Windows girls gonna be stuck in those cannons?  ^^'

The expressions on OSX-tan's face in panels 4 & 5 are classic.  ^__^
It's probably because you're a Mac user, but for some reason I kind of like the way you render OSX-tan the most out of all the canon OS-tans (no pun intended from the current comic... ^^').  More often that not, she's just too darn cute.  ^.^

The thing with the Pokemon forum sound awful, considering all the time and effort you must have put in.  Sadly, if it was a particularly LARGE Pokemon forum, it might have been expected just by simple diffusion.  Too many people = too many threads to see/view/read + very little time they'd be willing to invest in learning about new characters.

We, on the other hand, are still a very small forum and [I hope] a bit more appreciative about new characters.  So hopefully our replies to your work have made you not regret posting here.  ^__^

MisterCat

They're really going to do this shot-from-cannons thing aren't they, Aurora Borealis?  Were I OSX-tan, I too would find an excuse to be elsewhere!

o_o

Well, I guess there's nothing to be done apart from waiting for the next page.  I'll try not to worry, but my buddy XP-tan is in one of those cannons!  The poor dear:  She's so excited about it all, but she doesn't even have a safety helmet to wear.  (Maybe she's got a thick skull?  Let's hope so.)

;026

=^..^=

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Iyaaa!  Is it my imagination, or are those poor Windows girls gonna be stuck in those cannons?  ^^'

The expressions on OSX-tan's face in panels 4 & 5 are classic.  ^__^
It's probably because you're a Mac user, but for some reason I kind of like the way you render OSX-tan the most out of all the canon OS-tans (no pun intended from the current comic... ^^').  More often that not, she's just too darn cute.  ^.^

The thing with the Pokemon forum sound awful, considering all the time and effort you must have put in.  Sadly, if it was a particularly LARGE Pokemon forum, it might have been expected just by simple diffusion.  Too many people = too many threads to see/view/read + very little time they'd be willing to invest in learning about new characters.

We, on the other hand, are still a very small forum and [I hope] a bit more appreciative about new characters.  So hopefully our replies to your work have made you not regret posting here.  ^__^

It was a huge forum. Maybe the others just couldn't quite understand the concept of the OS-tans and didn't have the time to learn about it. But here, I have no regrets posting because we all understand at least the basic concepts and aren't like "Uhh... OS-tans? What planet are you from and what the heck are you talking about?" :D

Quote from: "MisterCat"They're really going to do this shot-from-cannons thing aren't they, Aurora Borealis?  Were I OSX-tan, I too would find an excuse to be elsewhere!

o_o

Well, I guess there's nothing to be done apart from waiting for the next page.  I'll try not to worry, but my buddy XP-tan is in one of those cannons!  The poor dear:  She's so excited about it all, but she doesn't even have a safety helmet to wear.  (Maybe she's got a thick skull?  Let's hope so.)

;026

=^..^=

Don't worry. Everyone will survive. Just like in lots of comics and cartoons, most of the laws of physics and most of the laws of death do not apply!

But as I'm typing this, here's my estimated progress on the pages I've currently done some work on in Photoshop:

p.15  ~70%
p.16  ~33%
p.17  Just started, ~5%

Chapter 1 ends at page 18. Maybe I just might finish the end of ch. 1 by the start of October! That's my goal!

MisterCat

Thank you, Aurora, for your reassuring words!  You have no idea how relieved I am to know they'll all be safe.

;012

This is actually a fun adventure!  Thanks a bunch for sharing your work with us.

;019

=^..^=

Aurora Borealis

I don't have anything "Preview in my signature-worthy" for page 15, but under these cirumstances, I'll post an "A sneak peek of what's ahead!" to give a general idea of what will happen next without spoiling everything!

OS X-tan's plan just might be able to work! But how, is another question! Stay tuned! :D

And here are the current standings-- err... progress!

p.15: ~80%
p.16: ~40%
p.17: ~40%

May also start p.18 today.

Ultimaninja

I liked the recent one a bit more then the one before it (no offense)

C-Chan

EGADS!!  Already at 80%!!!  @o@

The girl is definitely, positively ON FIYA!!!  ^V^

By comparison, let me check the Unix-o-meter.....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

Unix-sama Stand-alone Pic:  1%

*sweatdrops*  GAH!!  XvX'
How embarrassing....  ^^;

In any case, gambatte ne, Aurora-sama!  ^v^

Here's looking to see QNX-tan reappear again!  ^.^

(Eventually I'll need to work on a Wiki-style avi for her, so perhaps you could consider it my 2nd piece of Aurora fanart.  ^^)

Aurora Borealis

Yes, QNX-tan and her coworkers will re-appear again, on page 21 to be more specific! :D

I'm now about 90% done w/ p.15 and about 60% done with p.16! Also just got started on p.18

But I'll need to get into overdrive mode if I want to get p.15-18 done by October 1st!

Rebooting...
Switching into "Overdrive Mode"...

Ultimaninja

I suggest not going into overdrive mode.
You'll only work up to much stress to continue the storyline at any reasonable pace.

Maybe a new comic every tuesday, thursday, and saturday *hint, hint*

NewYinzer

QuoteMaybe a new comic every tuesday, thursday, and saturday *hint, hint*

Nah...go easy on yourself. If you start getting people to believe that there's gonna be one on every tuesday, thursday, and saturday, they'll be mad when there isn't. My advice: make it a weekly cartoon, released every sunday. That way, people won't be staking out on your website just to find out when the next cartoon will appear.

Aurora Borealis

I see. I just need to work on pages at a regular pace and I'll be done sooner than I think! In the summertime, I managed to get a page up every three days and even though that was all coincedental, I thought it was a good pace, but I was trying to go into overdrive because I wanted to get done with chapter 1 in the next few days.

Ultimaninja

If you do that people might be upset when you don't continue the pace...
people who know terrible, terrible things...

lol, anyway relax and take your time, its YOUR comic and you need to enjoy making it as much as we enjoy reading it...

no fun if it becomes a hassle...

Aurora Borealis

Just might be able to get p. 15 and 16 up tonight!

Progress:

p.15: ~95%
p.16: ~92%
p.17: ~50%
p.18: ~22% (end of chapter 1)
p.19: ~10% (start of chapter 2)

MisterCat

Yay!

*alerts welcoming orchestra*

*has red carpet and velvet ropes on hand*

*makes arrangements with jounalists for interrupting programs and stopping presses*

*helps dignitaries write very-long speeches*

*waits*

:smoke:

=^..^=

brougeXP22

can't wait for it. your really very talented Aurora  ;010