zerOSanity!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 09, 2006, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimaninja

grrr I don't have permission either...

only one way to do it right...
fake signatures, mustaces, overcoats, illegal money

And a ship to the Panama's for when things go wrong and the FBI comes after me...

or I could go to bookmarks and go to the comics...

which to choose....

SleepyD

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Thank you very much! :D

I got done with page 13 just now, but I can't upload it because DeviantArt changed the directory of categories AGAIN and I cant find the correct category! (err... categories) ARGH!! >___<

Isn't there a comics category somewhere?

SleepyD

try "Manga/Anime" => "Digital Media" => Doujinshi? or would it be Manga?.......*ponder*

C-Chan

Yeah!  Told ya I'd be back!  ^V^

But gyah, spent all my time being wooed by your new -tans.  GAWD, I'm a mess....  >_<

Okay, bear with this poor pig in shambles...  ^__^'

The short short version....

First the no-brainers:
Comic is cute, funny and engaging since it introduces new -tans and put's the existing girls in situations we would not have thought of.  The 2k/Mac partnership is unexpected by us, for example, but charming nonetheless....  ^.^

Thought the comic was bigger (which was why I thought it was so daunting), but that was because Insanity Force and School of Crazies made it look larger.  ^^'

Favorite strip so far:  Comic #8.  Mac is nicely rendered in the first panel (with the fire) and love the sight of her being knocked out by her own apple.  Plus it has QNX-tan doing what she does best.  ^.^

Favorite OS-tan so far:  QNX-tan.  No big surprise there.  ^v^

Most surprising fact:  That you haven't introduced Slackerware yet.  The ponytail and pipe remind me of Juzo-kun's version a little, but maybe you drew her independently?  'v'

Misc Comment:  Your Kattlanna-chan icon is cute, so it's a treat to see her on ever panel.

Now onto the....

Questions:

-What'd you use to draw these strips (feeling a little deja vu, so maybe I already asked you?).  
-And what's your approach to drawing these comics?  To draw so many so quickly with the fine quality I've seen means you have a system going.  For someone who can barely manage a simple chibi a week, I'm curious.  ^.^
-What's with 2k-tan's moustache?
-....hehehe...... and.... the..... OS-tan......fusion..... chimera......  ^^;

And finally....

-Which do you prefer: fingers or none?  ^__^

Hope you'll forgive me for taking so long.  -_-
This past week has been crazy, but this piggy finally has the chance to reorganize and get it together.  ^v^
So from now on, I'll be in the vanguard of your OS-tan fandom.
Cross my heart, hope to die....  -v-

*crosses butt instead, just in case*
[C-Chan's Promise track record isn't particularly great]

C-Chan

Well, it works.  I've just been satisfied and then some.  ^__^

if you draw by hand, you must be really fast and precise.  Zero transfer loss between brain and paper.  -v-
I'm jealous....  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Actually I'm not very fast and I usually make at least one major change from paper to computer because correcting something on paper is a lot harder than in Photoshop!

In other news, I got page 13 up and CE-tan is introduced! She's going to be the tour guide! :D

I hope to finish chapter 1 by the end of this month. But on paper, I've gotten past chapter 1 and have drawn the first 3 pages of chapter 2 and some new characters have been introduced. But I'm not telling yet because I don't want to spoil everything! ^_^

C-Chan

Holy cow, I see what you mean about 9" inches being too small for CE-chan.  She does look a little big.  ^__^'

But at least now I understand that Tinkerbell reference in your last sig.  ^v^

Panel 3 and 4 are the cutest,... I love the way you make their sideshots for some reason.  ^__^
But just wondering if it's not too late to add wheels to those cannons?  
Sorta didn't know what they were until your comment....  ^v^'

C-Chan

*squeals in delight*

To mark the opening of the new Annex,... ^.^

MisterCat

So, Aurora Borealis, the plot thickens!  Cannons!  I think there are some ear plugs around here, somewhere....

;026

=^..^=

C-Chan

Iyaaa!  Is it my imagination, or are those poor Windows girls gonna be stuck in those cannons?  ^^'

The expressions on OSX-tan's face in panels 4 & 5 are classic.  ^__^
It's probably because you're a Mac user, but for some reason I kind of like the way you render OSX-tan the most out of all the canon OS-tans (no pun intended from the current comic... ^^').  More often that not, she's just too darn cute.  ^.^

The thing with the Pokemon forum sound awful, considering all the time and effort you must have put in.  Sadly, if it was a particularly LARGE Pokemon forum, it might have been expected just by simple diffusion.  Too many people = too many threads to see/view/read + very little time they'd be willing to invest in learning about new characters.

We, on the other hand, are still a very small forum and [I hope] a bit more appreciative about new characters.  So hopefully our replies to your work have made you not regret posting here.  ^__^

MisterCat

They're really going to do this shot-from-cannons thing aren't they, Aurora Borealis?  Were I OSX-tan, I too would find an excuse to be elsewhere!

o_o

Well, I guess there's nothing to be done apart from waiting for the next page.  I'll try not to worry, but my buddy XP-tan is in one of those cannons!  The poor dear:  She's so excited about it all, but she doesn't even have a safety helmet to wear.  (Maybe she's got a thick skull?  Let's hope so.)

;026

=^..^=

MisterCat

Thank you, Aurora, for your reassuring words!  You have no idea how relieved I am to know they'll all be safe.

;012

This is actually a fun adventure!  Thanks a bunch for sharing your work with us.

;019

=^..^=

Ultimaninja

I liked the recent one a bit more then the one before it (no offense)

C-Chan

EGADS!!  Already at 80%!!!  @o@

The girl is definitely, positively ON FIYA!!!  ^V^

By comparison, let me check the Unix-o-meter.....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

Unix-sama Stand-alone Pic:  1%

*sweatdrops*  GAH!!  XvX'
How embarrassing....  ^^;

In any case, gambatte ne, Aurora-sama!  ^v^

Here's looking to see QNX-tan reappear again!  ^.^

(Eventually I'll need to work on a Wiki-style avi for her, so perhaps you could consider it my 2nd piece of Aurora fanart.  ^^)

Aurora Borealis

Yes, QNX-tan and her coworkers will re-appear again, on page 21 to be more specific! :D

I'm now about 90% done w/ p.15 and about 60% done with p.16! Also just got started on p.18

But I'll need to get into overdrive mode if I want to get p.15-18 done by October 1st!

Rebooting...
Switching into "Overdrive Mode"...