C-Chan

Gyah!!!!  Forgot, I can't access DeviantArt from where I'm currently at.  ;_;

Hold that thought, Aurora!  I'll be back!!!  ^v^

*scurries away*

Ultimaninja

grrr I don't have permission either...

only one way to do it right...
fake signatures, mustaces, overcoats, illegal money

And a ship to the Panama's for when things go wrong and the FBI comes after me...

or I could go to bookmarks and go to the comics...

which to choose....

SleepyD

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Thank you very much! :D

I got done with page 13 just now, but I can't upload it because DeviantArt changed the directory of categories AGAIN and I cant find the correct category! (err... categories) ARGH!! >___<

Isn't there a comics category somewhere?

SleepyD

try "Manga/Anime" => "Digital Media" => Doujinshi? or would it be Manga?.......*ponder*

C-Chan

Yeah!  Told ya I'd be back!  ^V^

But gyah, spent all my time being wooed by your new -tans.  GAWD, I'm a mess....  >_<

Okay, bear with this poor pig in shambles...  ^__^'

The short short version....

First the no-brainers:
Comic is cute, funny and engaging since it introduces new -tans and put's the existing girls in situations we would not have thought of.  The 2k/Mac partnership is unexpected by us, for example, but charming nonetheless....  ^.^

Thought the comic was bigger (which was why I thought it was so daunting), but that was because Insanity Force and School of Crazies made it look larger.  ^^'

Favorite strip so far:  Comic #8.  Mac is nicely rendered in the first panel (with the fire) and love the sight of her being knocked out by her own apple.  Plus it has QNX-tan doing what she does best.  ^.^

Favorite OS-tan so far:  QNX-tan.  No big surprise there.  ^v^

Most surprising fact:  That you haven't introduced Slackerware yet.  The ponytail and pipe remind me of Juzo-kun's version a little, but maybe you drew her independently?  'v'

Misc Comment:  Your Kattlanna-chan icon is cute, so it's a treat to see her on ever panel.

Now onto the....

Questions:

-What'd you use to draw these strips (feeling a little deja vu, so maybe I already asked you?).  
-And what's your approach to drawing these comics?  To draw so many so quickly with the fine quality I've seen means you have a system going.  For someone who can barely manage a simple chibi a week, I'm curious.  ^.^
-What's with 2k-tan's moustache?
-....hehehe...... and.... the..... OS-tan......fusion..... chimera......  ^^;

And finally....

-Which do you prefer: fingers or none?  ^__^

Hope you'll forgive me for taking so long.  -_-
This past week has been crazy, but this piggy finally has the chance to reorganize and get it together.  ^v^
So from now on, I'll be in the vanguard of your OS-tan fandom.
Cross my heart, hope to die....  -v-

*crosses butt instead, just in case*
[C-Chan's Promise track record isn't particularly great]

Aurora Borealis

September 15, 2006, 05:45:14 pm #20 Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:10:44 pm by Aurora Borealis
I also like when OS X-tan accidentally got knocked out by her own apple! Gravity and cartoon physics can be so cruel sometimes! But darn you gravity! How dare you hurt one of my favorite OS-tans! *punches gravity* Argh! Blasted gravity.

And the situations get crazier! QNX-tan will start wielding a rocket launcher (A mad scientist with a rocket launcher, what could possibly go wrong? :D ), weird rivalries, CE-tan becomes a tour guide, Palm OS-tan is a flight attendant and CE-tan's coworker, encouter with a crazy terminator girl (can't wait to get to that part! System 6.0.8-tan oughta be an interesting character!), and that's just a little bit of what will happen later on!

And as for answers to your questions...

1. I first draw on notebook paper then scan it; add outlines, color, shading, etc. in Photoshop

2. My approach to drawing comics... I don't really know. I seem to draw them when I can, but my attention span only allows me to work on them about 20 minutes at a time. Luckily I'm able to make decent progress each time.

3. 2K-tan having a mustache was some random thing OS X-tan suggested to save her from XP-tan's wrath!

4. The OS-tan fusion... I'm thinking about redrawing it. It's easy to tell what some of the OSes are in the fusion, but then again, making a 15+ way hybrid and try to make characteristics of all characters would be nearly impossible.

C-Chan

Well, it works.  I've just been satisfied and then some.  ^__^

if you draw by hand, you must be really fast and precise.  Zero transfer loss between brain and paper.  -v-
I'm jealous....  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Actually I'm not very fast and I usually make at least one major change from paper to computer because correcting something on paper is a lot harder than in Photoshop!

In other news, I got page 13 up and CE-tan is introduced! She's going to be the tour guide! :D

I hope to finish chapter 1 by the end of this month. But on paper, I've gotten past chapter 1 and have drawn the first 3 pages of chapter 2 and some new characters have been introduced. But I'm not telling yet because I don't want to spoil everything! ^_^

C-Chan

Holy cow, I see what you mean about 9" inches being too small for CE-chan.  She does look a little big.  ^__^'

But at least now I understand that Tinkerbell reference in your last sig.  ^v^

Panel 3 and 4 are the cutest,... I love the way you make their sideshots for some reason.  ^__^
But just wondering if it's not too late to add wheels to those cannons?  
Sorta didn't know what they were until your comment....  ^v^'

C-Chan

*squeals in delight*

To mark the opening of the new Annex,... ^.^

MisterCat

So, Aurora Borealis, the plot thickens!  Cannons!  I think there are some ear plugs around here, somewhere....

;026

=^..^=

C-Chan

Iyaaa!  Is it my imagination, or are those poor Windows girls gonna be stuck in those cannons?  ^^'

The expressions on OSX-tan's face in panels 4 & 5 are classic.  ^__^
It's probably because you're a Mac user, but for some reason I kind of like the way you render OSX-tan the most out of all the canon OS-tans (no pun intended from the current comic... ^^').  More often that not, she's just too darn cute.  ^.^

The thing with the Pokemon forum sound awful, considering all the time and effort you must have put in.  Sadly, if it was a particularly LARGE Pokemon forum, it might have been expected just by simple diffusion.  Too many people = too many threads to see/view/read + very little time they'd be willing to invest in learning about new characters.

We, on the other hand, are still a very small forum and [I hope] a bit more appreciative about new characters.  So hopefully our replies to your work have made you not regret posting here.  ^__^

MisterCat

They're really going to do this shot-from-cannons thing aren't they, Aurora Borealis?  Were I OSX-tan, I too would find an excuse to be elsewhere!

o_o

Well, I guess there's nothing to be done apart from waiting for the next page.  I'll try not to worry, but my buddy XP-tan is in one of those cannons!  The poor dear:  She's so excited about it all, but she doesn't even have a safety helmet to wear.  (Maybe she's got a thick skull?  Let's hope so.)

;026

=^..^=

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Iyaaa!  Is it my imagination, or are those poor Windows girls gonna be stuck in those cannons?  ^^'

The expressions on OSX-tan's face in panels 4 & 5 are classic.  ^__^
It's probably because you're a Mac user, but for some reason I kind of like the way you render OSX-tan the most out of all the canon OS-tans (no pun intended from the current comic... ^^').  More often that not, she's just too darn cute.  ^.^

The thing with the Pokemon forum sound awful, considering all the time and effort you must have put in.  Sadly, if it was a particularly LARGE Pokemon forum, it might have been expected just by simple diffusion.  Too many people = too many threads to see/view/read + very little time they'd be willing to invest in learning about new characters.

We, on the other hand, are still a very small forum and [I hope] a bit more appreciative about new characters.  So hopefully our replies to your work have made you not regret posting here.  ^__^

It was a huge forum. Maybe the others just couldn't quite understand the concept of the OS-tans and didn't have the time to learn about it. But here, I have no regrets posting because we all understand at least the basic concepts and aren't like "Uhh... OS-tans? What planet are you from and what the heck are you talking about?" :D

Quote from: "MisterCat"They're really going to do this shot-from-cannons thing aren't they, Aurora Borealis?  Were I OSX-tan, I too would find an excuse to be elsewhere!

o_o

Well, I guess there's nothing to be done apart from waiting for the next page.  I'll try not to worry, but my buddy XP-tan is in one of those cannons!  The poor dear:  She's so excited about it all, but she doesn't even have a safety helmet to wear.  (Maybe she's got a thick skull?  Let's hope so.)

;026

=^..^=

Don't worry. Everyone will survive. Just like in lots of comics and cartoons, most of the laws of physics and most of the laws of death do not apply!

But as I'm typing this, here's my estimated progress on the pages I've currently done some work on in Photoshop:

p.15  ~70%
p.16  ~33%
p.17  Just started, ~5%

Chapter 1 ends at page 18. Maybe I just might finish the end of ch. 1 by the start of October! That's my goal!

MisterCat

Thank you, Aurora, for your reassuring words!  You have no idea how relieved I am to know they'll all be safe.

;012

This is actually a fun adventure!  Thanks a bunch for sharing your work with us.

;019

=^..^=