4koma Project!

Started by SleepyD, September 02, 2006, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

yeah i can see this not working right  :P  one of the actual artists drew the stick figure portion, and then passes it on...

meanwhile a diffent artist is drawing the entire thing in a differnt style XD

we are so messed up
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

I heard the captain was giving it a shot. But not sure If he's going to do it. I he's not, then I'll do it. Still, have to refine my chibi hability (that or make smaller versions of my drawing style...If it can be called "style"). But still working on OS/2 (6 preliminar versions until now...now I'm on the 7th. The others are on the garbage bin)...It's taking loong time. But with some luck, I'll post it tomorrow...

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"yeah i can see this not working right  :P  one of the actual artists drew the stick figure portion, and then passes it on...

meanwhile a diffent artist is drawing the entire thing in a differnt style XD

we are so messed up

[in the distance]  Oh, now, stop being so pessimistic!
If Korean animation studios can do it, so can we!  ^0^

Quote from: "Darknight_88"I heard the captain was giving it a shot. But not sure If he's going to do it. I he's not, then I'll do it. Still, have to refine my chibi hability (that or make smaller versions of my drawing style...If it can be called "style"). But still working on OS/2 (6 preliminar versions until now...now I'm on the 7th. The others are on the garbage bin)...It's taking loong time. But with some luck, I'll post it tomorrow...

*squeals*  GYAAAH!!!  OS/2-TAN!!!!!!!!!  ^v^

'kay, the 4koma can wait!!!!  The great, illustrious, Darknight-sama must be allowed to finish his OS/2 rendition!  ^__^

C-Chan added the following  2 minutes after last message :

If anyone else can take over the 4Koma work, please let us know.  Otherwise, I might spend another 20 minutes on it tomorrow.  The Darknight must be allowed to concentrate on more life-and-death matters.  -v-

*prays for success of OS/2-tan design*

SleepyD

I would take control of this, but I really don't have time to do so...
That, and my graphics tablet seems to be dead. XP

Well, loving the 4koma idea you guys got going.
Thanks to all of ya for keeping this alive.

Now we need to keep Digital Complex alive too. hah

C-Chan

Yep, I figured that other time commitments were gonna be a problem, which is why I proposed the "Assembly Line" approach earlier.  But frankly, do you think it'd be safer to just scuttle the whole thing for now, and focus on DigiCom or your own projects?  I know from experience that handling multiple projects at the same time can be duzee....  ^__^'

At least we can finish the one 4Koma we got started, but after that you wanna close shop?  'v'

SleepyD

The assembly line thing makes me a bit uncomfortable... Personally, I think it makes the 4koma look more complicated than it should. ^^;
Maybe if one does all four panels at once instead of doing one... that might be better.  

To make it simple,
idea => doodle/sketch => ink => color => (optional) shade

yeah, 4komas shouldn't take much time (1 hr max) once you have an idea.
We'll finish the one you guys got going right now, and afterwards I'll just leave this open to anyone who wants to submit something.

C-Chan

Okey-dokey....

Although you have to admit, seeing the hodgepodge of artistic styles would have been interesting (assuming it worked, and the entire 4koma wasn't burdened on a single or two artists... ^.^)

SleepyD

haha, reminds me of something else me and my sister's did.

One person would draw a person doing something, the next will do a response, another would draw the next pane etc., etc.

There is totally no story.  People make it up as they go.  I did find that you'd have to tell everyone the characters you can use, else the thing will get too bloated with characters being introduced every 3 panels.

Shall I start a Relay Comic project? XD;

CaptBrenden

as my write is still writting Ill be taking a shot at it tonight, I might have a pencil sketch by tommarow

SleepyD

coolz. Are we talking about a 4koma or a relay?

If relay, it'll be open to anyone to continue the "story"

NewYinzer

4koma is easier. It has substance and a backbone. Relay is...crazy.

SleepyD

crazy, but fun. ^^

i've done it before with people doing a page each turn, but that takes a while. ^^;

C-Chan

Relay!!!  WAI!!!  FUN!!!!  ^V^

But again, I reiterate...  You sure this extra project won't,... "conflict" with your s'hedule?  Most of youz guys are in school/college again, after all.... -v-'

SleepyD

well, since i would only have to contribute one panel after someone, then wait til my turn, it may be easier. ^^

CaptBrenden

still working..... I have to take frequent breaks to kill zombies. you know how it is. I should have something tommarow