Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterCat

I'm sorry if I've posted this here before, because in that case ... well ... here it is again!

Please click on the image to view its full size.

The actual wallpaper is here.

This is a color photograph made in 1910 CE by Sergey Mikhaylovich Prokudin-Gorsky.  It's not a black-and-white photograph which has been colored after the fact:  It's a genuine color photograph.  You can see more of Prokudin-Gorsky's pioneering photography — and discover his technique — at....

The Empire That Was Russia: The Prokudin-Gorskii Photographic Record Recreated (A Library of Congress Exhibition)
The photographs of Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii (1863-1944) offer a vivid portrait of a lost world--the Russian Empire on the eve of World War I and the coming revolution. His subjects ranged from the medieval churches and monasteries of old Russia, to the railroads and factories of an emerging industrial power, to the daily life and work of Russia's diverse population.

A large collection of Prokudin-Gorsky's photographs can be found at Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky - Color Photographs of Russia before the Deluge: Index 1 of 159.  A good summary of his life and work is located at Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

8)

=^..^=

stewartsage

I've been compared to Balalaika quite a few times for some reason.  Probably for my service as a Captain with the Войска дяди Васи in the 50's.

Bella

^ Is epic, but is it as epic as rainbow dock icons? Okay, it is, but this is pretty cool too. >O<

Chocofreak13

hope it's not too big. the background changes on the hour, as do all my themepacks. :3
click to make it bigger

CanaryTan

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 29, 2011, 09:41:39 PM

hope it's not too big. the background changes on the hour, as do all my themepacks. :3

yay! utau/vocaloid fan! I am myself! ^^ I have UTAU installed and i have miriam and sonika for vocaloids :U sonika for birthday and miriam for christmas

I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Chocofreak13

^^ i have a miku and a teto themepack, both custom made. :3 if you like, i can send you a do-it-yourself version of one. :3
background changed:
click to make it bigger

CanaryTan

Quote from: Krizonar on January 23, 2011, 06:16:36 PM

Since you couldn't really take a screenshot back then.

what version of mac is that and where did you get it? It's bugging me XD (P.S. I love the old mac computers) and do you even get internet on that?

stewartsage

I'll answer for Kriz, it's a Mac SE.

Krizonar

Like Stew said, it's a Mac SE (FDHD version),
and if configured, YES, it can get internet.
I've had it since I was little.

CanaryTan

Quote from: Krizonar on January 30, 2011, 12:14:20 AM
Like Stew said, it's a Mac SE (FDHD version),
and if configured, YES, it can get internet.
I've had it since I was little.

ah, nice. as you can see, i have 7. But once i get internet, i'll take a screenie of my xp. and i might be getting an os9 laptop as well. i found one for $30+ so I'm gon' save up for that xD but nice, old apple computers are awesome

Chocofreak13

Still waiting for Shitty/Kaiya to come back....*sigh*

oh, and i need a new charger for Tanky/Kimi. :\
click to make it bigger

CanaryTan

ok. I print screen'd my xp and put it on a flash drive along with a camera snapshot of my computer area. enjoy~

i can't wait till i get internet on that~!

Chocofreak13

OLLLLD speaker, but newer monitor than me. so i guess we're even.

did you build yours, though....? >:3
click to make it bigger

CanaryTan

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 30, 2011, 01:40:07 AM
OLLLLD speaker, but newer monitor than me. so i guess we're even.

did you build yours, though....? >:3

*sigh* no. I got it off craigslist

stewartsage

The older speakers have pretty solid sound quality and way better volume.  I still think my 95 machine had the best speakers of any computer I've ever owned.  That's had speakers.