Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Arch Angel this is Black Hawk, I have sent the package.
What are its contents?
One .50 CAL BMG Round Fired from 200 years!

Pitkin

Trying out Linux Mint, the settings are still pretty much when installed two days ago. ^^

Xi Wang chan

Mi first's year snap and post at OSC *w*... wow wow new view >w<...

Krizonar

And on the big screen! since I don't remember (nor can I find evidence of) posting my monitor's desktop to this thread.

MisterCat

Please click on the image to view its full size.

The actual wallpaper is here.

:-*

=^..^=

Bella

A wild Mr. Car appears!

Nice screenshots everybody~ ^^

Dr. Kraus

RED or little Red Riding Hood made by 'Endling

This is my little media/work computer in my room with an extremely small screen (Better than nothing right?) which is giving me back problems due to hunching over to read on the screen. I can't wait till I get to move my nice computer up here, then with my 1400x900 screen i'll be fine and dandy!

Red-Machine

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on January 08, 2011, 09:37:04 PMI can't wait till I get to move my nice computer up here, then with my 1400x900 screen i'll be fine and dandy!

1400x900?  I've never even heard of that res before...

1680x1050 is a minimum these days.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

MisterCat

Huge monitors are all well and good, if you can afford them.  My monitor screen weighs in at 1152 x 864 pixels and it suits me just fine.  Perhaps there are special circumstances which require larger sizes, but bigger is not necessarily better.  I'd avoid proclaiming a minimum size, even though such proclamations are rampant on the Web, without first determining whether or not everyone with a computing system has the ability to run out and buy the next biggest monitor size du jour.

:-\

=^..^=

P.S.:  Red-Machine, my assertions are not chiefly directed at what you wrote; but they are directed at a disturbing monitor-size elitism I've regularly encountered at (shall we say) various image boards.  Sure, who wouldn't like to have a really-big monitor?  I certainly wouldn't refuse one, were it given to me; but my economic priorities are of necessity elsewhere.

Krizonar

Last I checked, 1400x900 was standard for 15 inch Laptops, quite a common size.

But 1152x864, never seen that one!
My old Power Mac's monitor is 1280x1024 I think.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Krizonar on January 09, 2011, 01:24:37 PM
Last I checked, 1400x900 was standard for 15 inch Laptops, quite a common size.

Lol my screen is a good 21 inch but my computer always tells me the res is 1400x900 -3-

NejinOniwa

1152x864 was the res on the old crt monitor I had on ALPHA (and as secondary on DELTA after that), so it appears - just not a lot on modern screens. And resolution is inherently a lot greater per inch on laptops, as a rule - just look at LAMBDA, wielding a hefty 1920x1080 that otherwise is most commonly seen on 24" screens on her 18,4". What more, I've seen fullHD screens on laptops as small as 15,4 or 17,3 - it gets down there, but it's better not to overdo it, imo. >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

Krizonar

Since you couldn't really take a screenshot back then.

Bella

So awesome :^D Love the apple lamp too!