Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Windows 7 with a Mac theme?

Krizonar

Quote from: Bella on July 19, 2011, 08:08:32 PM
Windows 7 with a Mac theme?
This is not the windows you are looking for.

I've also renamed the computer G6.

Chocofreak13

cool. i could trick everyone in my school into thinking i'm using a mac. not that i'd want to. :3
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

@Kriz: Did you buy the upgrade by any chance? Its a download only thing though which is such a bitch for me somewhat if I need a hard disk copy for easy re-installation of a Macintosh system...

My Desktop is classy...

Krizonar

Yup, wouldn't be Lion without Lion.

To re-install Lion (for whatever reason), hold the Option Key on startup and chose to boot from the recovery partition Lion has built in. It will then re-download the OS.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Krizonar on July 22, 2011, 01:18:34 AM

To re-install Lion (for whatever reason), hold the Option Key on startup and chose to boot from the recovery partition Lion has built in. It will then re-download the OS.

Quite nifty but there is a problem to that, what if the hard drive is dead? I would replace it but to find I need to buy a copy of Snow Leopard and then re-install through the app store again. It seems like a painful process -.-;

Bella

Oh Lion you lovable lolcow you. =W=

Krizonar

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on July 22, 2011, 12:01:25 PM

Quite nifty but there is a problem to that, what if the hard drive is dead? I would replace it but to find I need to buy a copy of Snow Leopard and then re-install through the app store again. It seems like a painful process -.-;
If the entire HD is dead, Apple should be replacing it.

Lion can be installed on blank Hardrives though.
If you must... download Lion on one Mac, then go to the app and show package contents, there's a DMG in there. I'm betting you know what to do from that point on.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Krizonar on July 22, 2011, 12:39:57 PM
Quote from: Dr. Kraus on July 22, 2011, 12:01:25 PM

If the entire HD is dead, Apple should be replacing it.

Lion can be installed on blank Hardrives though.
If you must... download Lion on one Mac, then go to the app and show package contents, there's a DMG in there. I'm betting you know what to do from that point on.

Yea, there have been instances where people need their Macintosh up and running FAST like this one French film guy I got to work with at the Pittsburgh Film Office. His Macbook got messed up but he couldn't get Apple to fix it for him due to being here in the US and his Macbook from France, my dad and I fixed the problem fast (even though we don't know French) because we knew the interface so well and we had hard disks on hand at the time.

stewartsage

I can't post my desktop at the moment, for some reason.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

No, it won't upload correctly.

Bella