Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on July 04, 2011, 06:38:27 PM
Quote from: Krizonar on July 04, 2011, 06:32:53 PM
God save tyranny and oppression indeed.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the bloodcurdling screams of the Indians.

Terrible thing that, that humans are such bastardly beings who enjoy killing so much. Killing and screwing and eating, that's humanity in a nutshell.

/speaksthetruthsuckithumanists

Krizonar

The joke was so funny I forgot to scream with my ancestors.

Nichi

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on July 04, 2011, 07:43:05 PM
Humans are bastards, and that's a global problem. T__T

That's why I'm glad I'm a Time Lord

Anyway, my Mac Mini arrives tomorrow, so expect to see a picture of it's desktop sometime that night

NejinOniwa

QuoteHumans are bastards, and that's a global problem. T__T
Bastards aren't exactly much of a problem. The problem is humans, being humans, doing human things. That is the problem.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

so i was singing the british national anthem at the fireworks tonight. :3

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I'm sorry, our Indians?

Red-Machine

Let me quote the great Windston Churchill here:

"Before we proceed further let us get one thing clear. Are we talking about the brown Indians in India, who have multiplied alarmingly under the benevolent British rule? Or are we speaking of the red Indians in America who, I understand, are almost extinct?"
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

no, we're talking about DESKTOPS. speaking of which, here's mine:

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Benevolent rule?  We may have wiped out or nearly wiped out dozens of distinct cultures but we never did it in a way expressly designed to deny them access to their religion's heaven.  I'm not saying America's better, I'm saying get the fuck down off your high horse Great Britain; because as much as I love the empire don't dare postulate that it has treated it's colonies' populations any better much less benevolently.

Haslet's Delaware Regiment on Long Island.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on July 05, 2011, 05:12:31 PM
Benevolent rule?  We may have wiped out or nearly wiped out dozens of distinct cultures but we never did it in a way expressly designed to deny them access to their religion's heaven.  I'm not saying America's better, I'm saying get the fuck down off your high horse Great Britain; because as much as I love the empire don't dare postulate that it has treated it's colonies' populations any better much less benevolently.

Well said... *applause*

And a question about your screencap - how on earth does Unix = Amtrak? ovo

Dr. Kraus

Your using "Great Britain" in the wrong context, mate...
Whats in the past is in the past, every country has done some good shit and some bad shit...

In other news, I made a minecraft server completely Communistic by doing communistic propaganda pixel art!
Also, my BG on "Corsair" is communistic as well!

stewartsage

Great Britain: Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, and their dependent territories?  Yes, that's what I mean.

Yes.  They have.  The British Empire is no different, and slightly worse thanks to sheer scale.  But this is horribly off topic.

Bella

Nichi

Here's some pics of the desktop on my Mac Mini. First up, it how it looked out of the box; with a fresh installation of Tiger:

...And here's how it looks after I maxed out the RAM, installed Snow Leopard, and gave it a fitting wallpaper:

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on July 05, 2011, 08:34:38 PM

...And here's how it looks after I maxed out the RAM, installed Snow Leopard, and gave it a fitting wallpaper:

Fitting indeed! d^w^b

Welcome aboard Macintosh/Unix! :D