Post your desktop

Started by Q4(V), March 20, 2006, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

I'm not having a go at you here or anything, Stew.  But it really bugs me when people put shorcuts places and thay don't bother removing the "Shortcut to..." part.  I especially hate the popular "Shortcut to WINWORD.EXE" I see all the time on people's desktops.  If they're smart enough to navigate to Word's program file folder and locate the exe, then they should be smart enough to rename it.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Umadbro?

But then again, I confess, I make sure to name shortcuts properly - I don't have that much of an aversion to it, tho.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on June 26, 2011, 05:57:32 PM
I'm not having a go at you here or anything, Stew.  But it really bugs me when people put shorcuts places and thay don't bother removing the "Shortcut to..." part.  I especially hate the popular "Shortcut to WINWORD.EXE" I see all the time on people's desktops.  If they're smart enough to navigate to Word's program file folder and locate the exe, then they should be smart enough to rename it.

Truefax: The "BUT" cancels out everything that comes before it. This is a known fact.

Icons make me mad.

This is why I use no icons on my desktop.

<O>___________<O>;

Nichi

I don't mind the people who have messy desktops, but I prefer to keep most of my shortcuts tucked away in the Start Menu. It makes it easier to show off my cool wallpapers

stewartsage

My general desktop layout hasn't changed in pushing fifteen years, though usually I like to keep stuff off the right side of my desktop.

Chocofreak13

most of the stuff winds up on the left side of my desktop, as a result of the gadgets being on the right. i wish i could clean it up, but if i move the icons, i forget about them. as a result, i leave current or important stuff on the desktop, to have easy access.
click to make it bigger

Bella

I keep my dock on the left side

The icons go on the right, and I keep them at icon size 16 x 16 px

Every few days I take the icons on the desktop, and put them in my home folder. From there, they are moved to their various proper folders.

Chocofreak13

you people are better at remembering than i am. ^^; hope it isn't a sign of something bad.
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: Bella on June 27, 2011, 02:24:56 PM
Truefax: The "BUT" cancels out everything that comes before it. This is a known fact.

Perhaps I should have worded it differently.  I maent I was not having a go at him specifically, just the general populace who do that.

And at any rate, a shortcut to My Computer is not needed.  Windows will either put one there by default, or you can open the start menu, righ-click My Computer, then click "show on desktop".  By default, it will just be called "My Computer"/"Computer" depending on your OS version, so no renaming is needed.

Chocofreak13

BUT YOU CAN RENAME IF YOU WANT TO :3

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yep, it's time once again to change my wallpapers; starting with the main desktop, with 2k-on-2k Mode active (Hence the Windows 2000 taskbar) and a few random sticky notes

Red-Machine

How exactly do you get it to mesh with Windows 7 like that?

Nichi

@Red: Virtualbox's Seamless mode lets you do that. It's quite nice, really

Chocofreak13

@pentium: just because i can:

YO DOG I HERD YOU LIEK PONIES SO WE PUT SOME HORSES IN YOUR HORSES SO YOU CAN FRIENDSHIP WHILE YOU MAGIC~~
click to make it bigger