Main Menu

Show us your money!

Started by Kyo-Chan, October 07, 2007, 04:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blast

I have some other coins (Ecuador, Mexico, Canada, a handful of JFK and Anthony coins, Ike and Sacajawea), but this one I think is the most interesting.

C-Chan

Woohoo!  Winged Liberty Head dimes (aka "Mercury dimes")!  ^^

Released between 1916 to 1945, with a 2.5 gram weight composed of 90% silver, 10% copper.  Given current silver and copper prices, the total non-numismatic melt value of a Mercury dime would be $1.16 USD per coin.

So if you have a standard coin roll of 50 of them, then you have a small fortune.  ^___^

But don't be tempted to sell them (unless it's absolutely, positively necessary), as they are (in my opinion, as well as those of others in my field) the last beautiful dimes released in the US.  

And that, despite the troubling symbolism behind the Fasces:

Added after 1 minutes:

BTW, I would love to see your other coins.  May need to research your Ecuadorian ones, but can probably give a story or two about your others.

Blast

Um-hum! Too bad I only have one of them, though. P:

When I was putting it back in its place, though, I remembered I had 1c and 2c South African coins (2nd coinage, 3rd Republic)â€"so scratch that being the most interesting, even if these aren't the most valuable. P: I'll put up some images of the ones I mentioned earlier later (why does that sound weird?).

1c:

2c:

:D

VonDaab

I got some russian kopeeks from 1740's.
But I'm too lazy to scan them.

And they're not that pretty either...

OTGX

Well this one is no mine though but it belongs to my younger brother.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Raffaele the Amigan

Uncle Scrooge's First dime:

Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]