Vintage Windows-tans & Apple-tans

Started by C-Chan, August 27, 2006, 05:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Oh yeah...I was bringing my own experience with 3.0 into the picture. Anyway, good job!

We must never forget...

C-Chan

Investigating wouldn't hurt either.  Technically-speaking, they haven't done that yet, even if they called it that.  -v-'

======

3.0 was a different OS, if I'm not mistaken.  -v-'

But here's where I can cheat a little....

Was 3.11 sama when she was first born.  ^.^

Woohoo!  Problem solved!  -v-

C-Chan

Testing....

C-Chan added the following  4 minutes after last message :

Okay, we're go for the complete Chibi of the Week!  ^v^

Truth is I just barely finished it before suffering the inevitable health collapse.  T_T'

But that's a different story.  -v-

Know y'all said hello to 2.0-tan already, but now here comes the mother....

1.0-tan....  ^__^

<<<NOTE: PICTURE MOVED TO Annex>>>

Will post again tomorrow, including a close-up of the picture frame she's holding.  -v-

Should mention this is only my rendition, since Aurora is to be credited for the actual character creation (although I also took some features from the silhouetted 1.0-tan created by an unknown Japanese artist)

Will also begin consolidating my work, since updating this stuff on different threads is starting to get a little unwieldly.  ^^;

As my good friend would say:  See "yinz" tomorrow!  ^v^

*swoons over keyboard*

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....  X_x

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Testing....

C-Chan added the following  4 minutes after last message :

Okay, we're go for the complete Chibi of the Week!  ^v^

Truth is I just barely finished it before suffering the inevitable health collapse.  T_T'

But that's a different story.  -v-

Know y'all said hello to 2.0-tan already, but now here comes the mother....

1.0-tan....  ^__^

Will post again tomorrow, including a close-up of the picture frame she's holding.  -v-

Should mention this is only my rendition, since Aurora is to be credited for the actual character creation (although I also took some features from the silhouetted 1.0-tan created by an unknown Japanese artist)

Will also begin consolidating my work, since updating this stuff on different threads is starting to get a little unwieldly.  ^^;

As my good friend would say:  See "yinz" tomorrow!  ^v^

*swoons over keyboard*

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....  X_x

Another off the hook great job C-chan!

The idea of this is that 1.0-tan is somehow the turning point of the whole MS-DOS idea given by Microsoft, this is where Microsoft to test graphics environment used by applications, rather than a full-fledged operating system. No wonder what she holds is a portrait of the whole modern Windows family from the other MS-DOS based os like 3.1, 95, 98, ME to NT based systems (NT, 2000, XP, 2003) and also the CE based systems.

On the other hand 2.0-tan, represents that Microsoft started to give Windows office applications by working on those bricks. I even believe that C-chan used those bricks representing the early "MS Excel".

Another good job given for another given family portrait! Thanks C-chan (with Aurora for her help of course).   ;019  ;019  ;019

C-Chan

Oh Great Alfamille-dono....  ^0^

Your assessment is so dead-on in so many ways, it fills me with awe.

*sniffles*

If only I weren't sick right now, I'd elaborate (sucks to be sick on your birthday).  -v-

But once I'm done resting, I'll be back with some words.  ^__^
(Plus attend to all the other things I need to get done, like move to a new thread, finish Aurora's comic, make the Captain a small present, etc....)

*resumes swooning*

NewYinzer

Yeah...that's a sweet rendering, C-Chan! It reminds me of Cinderella (don't ask why). At last, Microsoft's OS history is complete! In case you're wondering, "yinz" is Pittsburgh English for "you all" or "y'all". For example:
"Yinz guys goin' dahntahn to see dem Stillers?"
Translates to:
"Are you people going downtown to see the Steelers?"
My name stems from the title of a magazine called "The New Yinzer".

In related news:
Now that Vista will be coming out, I hope the Vista-chan debate will be over. The only problem I have is with the Rozen Maiden crossovers:

Here we have Vista-chan with Shinku and Kun-Kun from Rozen Maiden:
http://www.heavenanime.org/spgm/gal/Os-tan/Vis-Tan/1124641052124.jpg

And even Homeo cosplays as the Rozen Maiden character, Kanaria:

And in an unrelated story, it appears the people at Nijiura have a problem with America (not exactly abnormal news) and Germany (What the Fark?). They have used the Rozen Maiden character Suiseiseki:

C-Chan

Doggarnit, why did I save this thread for last!  ;^0^;

Oh right, the whole wanting-to-avoid-shameless-self-promotion.... -___-'
But then why am I posting?!!  GYAH, the paradox burns my brain!  ;^0^;

Mou, iie....  -__-

Don't have much time left, so I'll post quickly and return later.  ^-^

NewYinzer:  Reminds me of the New York "Youz".  Must be an unconscious yearning for a French "votre" or a Spanish "vosotros".  And thank you, btw.  ^.^
And yes, have them tone down on Rozen Maiden.  ^0^

Aurora:  Thank you as well.  And no, you're original version wasn't scary, but I understand that everyone who draws is always their worst critic.  -v-
And you're right, aren't ya?  2.0-tan inadvertently triggered the whole Mac vs Windows conflict (and that's your answer to the OS-tan war thing... ^v^).
Poor 2.0-tan,.... Kami-Tux was right.  Even if she was too young to understand what she was doing, and thus a mere scapegoat for the evil actions of her company, she's inherited an awful guilt to carry forever.  ;__;
Pitkin, feel free to cry for her....
Let us cry in unison....  ;___;

*weeps*

Sorry Alfamille, I STILL don't have a worthy reply for you ready.  ;___;
But at least I can offer you a close-up of the picture frame.  ^__^

1.0-tan does keep pictures of her daughters/descendants on it, but also relatives she's known in her lifetime.  So while you can probably correctly guess all the modern photographs on the right, I offer MUCH POINTAGE for anyone who can guess the aged pictures towards the left:

[Disclaimer:  Since I ran out of time, couldn't draw the new -tans on my own, so simply posted their anime inspirations.  But they look close-enough to fit the part, and besides I was gonna shrink the picture anyway.  ^__^)

CaptBrenden

woo! its 3.1s kindergarden pictures!

in other news... your right, 2.1 does look alot like angelica from gunslinger girl.... She is cute Ill give you that, but she still pales in compairison to her sister.  Still, like the design, simple and humble, as they were back then. A non chibi version is demanded.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Yay!!!  You came!!  ^V^
Now I'll really get on to work on that pic!  Yes, they will be fully-body types,.. my first in a while.  ^v^

Yeah, she's supposed to pale in comparison to 3.1-sama, since the goddess was the true darling child of Microsoft at the time, whereas 1.0 & 2.0 were mere test beds (and OS/2 the distraction).  Made it easier to dispose of the other two once 3.1-sama and 95-tan (mostly 95) were ready to conquer the world (er,... market....  ^^')

Still hoping someone will try a stab at guessing the mysterious woman in the upper left-hand corner.  You REALLY have to dig back in Microsoft history for that one....  -v-

CaptBrenden

no clue never seen her before. dont know anything about vintage OSes either. if it wasnt for wiki i would guess your making them up.  3.1sama is the begining and end of OStans ! bwahaha *miniacal laughter*

on a related note... apperently 256k is a DAILY limit.  the file upload on this thing sucks.

C-Chan

Yep, it sucks.  ^__^

Well, if Kami-Tux were here, I think he'd have the best chance at guessing her identity.  Given she helped an early Microsoft grow survive, thus allowing them to grow into evil company it would become, I'm sure he'd consider this mysterious OS-tan to be a traitor to the Unix-tans.

And yeah, some of the older -tans seem way out there.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if you thought I were making them up.  ^^;

CaptBrenden

we really oughtta change that -_-  id rather not rely on photobucket where stuff gets deleted.

oh and Palmtan rules.  or something to keep us on subject

C-Chan

Hah!  wrong thread!  you should've said Apple II, Apple Lisa, Windows 1.0 or Windows 2.0 rule!!!  `v'

[maniacally]  OFFTOPIC!!!!  HE'S OUTTA CONTROL!!!!! BAN YOURSELF!!!! ;^0^;

MWAHAHAHA!!!!  I can be cruel, sometimes....  -.-

I wonder if Linux-tan can tell us why the limit's so.... limiting.  '__'

CaptBrenden

dont make me prove how cruel I can be.  I hear molten cheese burns and sticks to the skin..

But seriosly tho.. that limits you to no more then one pic a day, and that pic has to be small as hell. if you were putting up a flash animation it would be ridiculus.

2.0 rules.  exept over her sister. 3.1sama

NewYinzer

3.0-sama rules!

In other news, it is best to upload pics to someplace like flickr or photobucket so you don't run into the upload rule!