Vintage Windows-tans & Apple-tans

Started by C-Chan, August 27, 2006, 05:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuoteInteresting you mention that.....

Ahh!  See, now I'm glad I post here.  Otherwise, I would have never known that a 1.0-tan was already attempted.  Are there any more pics like her, or is that all you've seen.  'v'

Not really much to work with,... But I can definitely use the hair.....  

*scribbles down notes*

Poor thing really doesn't look any more powerful than a simple DOS app.  ;_;

BTW, it'd be great if I knew the names of most of these artists -- that way I can be sure to credit them.  It doesn't seem fair to give Juzo-kun recognition, but not reciprocate for the creator of ME-tan (for example).

QuoteSomeone who remembers the old Xerox PC's! When I go up to people and talk about Xerox PARC, they're like "Xerox made PC's?"

Hehehe.... Right...... "Remembers"..........  ^_____^

*beans spill in background*

Ah crap, my dinner.  >_<

*sigh*

Fine, I'll admit....  I didn't know Xerox made PCs either until I conducted my research for Apple ][-tan.
Truth be told, there's still lots of potential -tans I'm missing.

Pretty soon I'll need to show the list of all the girls I plan to draw or at least mention, and where I plan to put them (faction-wise).

QuoteI hate to spoil the magic about Paris Hilton, but:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Hilton

Dear gawds.... A modern day Marie Antoinette?!  X___x

QuoteDOS/V and MSX-DOS are Japanese OSes, so they can follow a different pattern.

Agreed.  ^__^
DOS/V could use some softening, though....  Ã,¬__Ã,¬'

NewYinzer

QuoteAhh! See, now I'm glad I post here. Otherwise, I would have never known that a 1.0-tan was already attempted. Are there any more pics like her, or is that all you've seen. 'v'

That's all I've seen. I found it on Futaba.

QuoteNot really much to work with,... But I can definitely use the hair.....

Of course. Where would Me-tan be withough her cowlic, XP-tan without her - what does her hair look like?

*runs off to gallery*

C-Chan

Okay, so I can at least co-create the first 1.0-tan.  ^__^
She'll probably be another tear-jerking character like Apple Lisa, but she won't be melancholy.  She'll incur a different sort of sadness.  ;_;
Still working out the details of 2.0-tan, but she'll probably look (but not act) like a pint-sized version of 3.1-tan.  

Oh, and doesn't XP-tan just have long hair?  Well, Pro anyway....
Homeko is a ponytail.  ^___^

NewYinzer

QuoteOh, and doesn't XP-tan just have long hair? Well, Pro anyway....
Homeko is a ponytail. ^___^

I looked, and the hairstyle tends to vary from artist to artist.

As for Windows 1.0, she's just a DOS shell. As for Windows 2.0, she's a bonafide OS. Either way, they're sisters. Can't wait to see 'em!

Darknight_88

whoa, lots and lots of text @.@

I don't have a lot of time now, so I'll skip reading that for now  ;026 (finally, we got Internet at my school!!, so I can check it while  writing algorithms)

Great job, so far, the best one from C-chan, in my opinion. I specially like Lisa-tan (both design and execution). Nothing here to critic.

*looks at his surroundings*
Now, no one here saw me, ok? I never posted this, no one readed this. I'm the same Windows family supporter as always, k?

*vanish in shadows*

NewYinzer

QuoteNow, no one here saw me, ok? I never posted this, no one readed this. I'm the same Windows family supporter as always, k?

Of course! I'm a Windows man myself! But it's not like if someone offered me a Mac for under $200 I wouldn't take it!

Darknight_88

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
QuoteNow, no one here saw me, ok? I never posted this, no one readed this. I'm the same Windows family supporter as always, k?

Of course! I'm a Windows man myself! But it's not like if someone offered me a Mac for under $200 I wouldn't take it!

Well, that's a good point (but I doubt you'll ever see something like that...). But if that were the case, you'd need to be careful about a rampaging 95-tan

*hides under a rock*

NewYinzer

QuoteWell, that's a good point (but I doubt you'll ever see something like that...). But if that were the case, you'd need to be careful about a rampaging 95-tan

I wouldn't worry about - OH MY GOD STOP DONT HURT ME OW OW OWOWOW!

C-Chan

QuoteI wouldn't worry about - OH MY GOD STOP DONT HURT ME OW OW OWOWOW!

Hehehe....  ^v^

Wish i could get OS/2-tan and RISC-tan to help you, but they're both still in jail for speeding [in YOUR car, if I might add], and Apple ][-tan is too old AND a pacifist.  ^__^'

QuoteGreat job, so far, the best one from C-chan, in my opinion. I specially like Lisa-tan (both design and execution). Nothing here to critic.

Thank you Darkn--,... er, I mean mysterious visitor, for stopping by and saying such nice words about these latest gals.  ^__^
I can't say I'm not shocked, but if I can get Apple-tans to appeal, surely I must've gotten at least something right.  *v*

Fortunately, these pre-Macs are safe to love (no bombs here).  Apple ][-tan is hospitable to everyone, including Windows-tans, and you'll dig her Rakugo sessions.  ^v^
And well Lisa-tan,... well, she might've been a handful in her day, but the poor girl is harmless now period.  ^__^

That's why I love vintage OS-tans,... they're just so darn cuddly.  ^.^

C-Chan added the following  16 minutes after last message :

Funny how I'm having trouble now visualizing ][-tan without her kerchief.  
Probably would look a little like her, but blonde:

http://images.quizilla.com/C/coffeeandchocolate/1044317268_saosmaller.JPG

Kami-Tux

*Kami-Tux speeds to the 95-tan "Stop it!"

*95-tan: because of you Tux?

*SuSE-tan and Ubuntu-tan come from behind Kami-tux

*95-tan flees, she knows when being outnumbered

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Quote*Kami-Tux speeds to the 95-tan "Stop it!"

*95-tan: because of you Tux?

*SuSE-tan and Ubuntu-tan come from behind Kami-tux

*95-tan flees, she knows when being outnumbered

*squeals*  My heroines!  ^v^
*bows and grovels before the two powerful Linux distros*

(real-life reference) Forgive this insolent pig, noble SUSE-sama, for he hath failed to repair thou hard drive swiftly.
Thither screws hath proveth difficult to remove from the aged drive....  -___-

*grovels more in forgiveness*

BTW, now that you mention it, that's a great idea!
I could hire Linux-tans as bodyguards in the interim (at least until I can draw up uber-powerful OS-tans, like z/OS-sama).  ^___^

Hey, maybe if the price is right, I can hire my beloved Fedora-chan to be with me!  ^v^

*squeals in extatic delight*

*furiously dials number to reach Red Hat-tan and Fedora-tan*

NewYinzer

Uhh...I'm awake, stop worrying.

*dials FreeBSD-tan and OpenBSD-tan*

Now I've got some security! No OS-tan is gonna touch me!

Alfamille

QuoteAtariDOS-tan & AtariTOS-tan (aka, "Atari 8-bit" & "Atari ST")

I really like to see that. Atari is the first I've ever handled :)

Hey Darknight chill! ^_^

We could have a drink anytime as a form of humbleness and hospitality (actually good to see you again  ;010 )

Wait, what's new?;

C-Chan

GAAAAAAAAH!!! THAT IS CUTE!!!!!!!  ^.^

WHO DREW THAT?!!!!!!!!!!

[possessed] MUST......... GO.........  IN......... GALLERY...........  @__@

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

GAAAAAAAAH!!! THAT IS CUTE!!!!!!!  ^.^

WHO DREW THAT?!!!!!!!!!!

[possessed] MUST......... GO.........  IN......... GALLERY...........  @__@

I dunno ^_^

But for me, it means only 2 things.....it's peace and new life?

Great is it? ;010

*Runs to Apple-Lisa-tan and shyly talks to her*