What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

KanColle. Suppossed to watch two other shows I can't remember the names of (I know one had a picture of some girls on motorbikes).

I can't really find any other anime that look interesting to me. Oh well, at least they're remastering Yu-Gi-Oh in Feburary.

Chocofreak13

coooool.

@pent: as explained earlier i'll be putting those up one week after the other. for now, i need to get the reviews of Kaiba and Boku, Otaryman up at some point. :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. Also, go for eet~
(I'm going to continue crawling through MS so I can finish my review of it)

EDIT: So, for the curious, my thoughts on the MapleStory anime after the first 10 episodes
MapleStory (Episodes 1 through 10): ShowHide
The first 10 episodes of this show are a bore to get through; you could cut out most of those episodes and it'd have zero impact on the overall narrative of the story. The fact that we just spent 1\3 of the series on meaningless monster-of-the-week fluff doesn't help much; it's easy to see why so many subbers chose to drop the series after 12 episodes. Granted, the Korean Wikipedia notes the series was a flop over there for having little to do with the game, while the Japanese Wikipedia only has the anime as a footnote on the game's article, which shows that even over there it had little impact (In Japan's case, it probably didn't help that this show came on right after Gurren Lagann).

Most of the episodes thus far boiled down to "antagonist does something or there's a complete misunderstanding, everyone blames Al because he's a human or blames each other due to mutual hatred, Al ultimately saves the day and everyone forgets about this in the next episode as the cycle begins anew". It's like when the World Tree was destroyed, it not only spelled an end for peace and harmony throughout the Maple World, it also spelled an end for rational thinking as well. So far, it's been such a pore to crawl through that I'm left wondering why I'm not playing the game instead.

I still have 16 episodes left before this is over. I will admit, the ending to episode 10 leaves me feeling like the series is about to pick up, so I'll continue to press on and see if it does improve. I mean, it can't be as painful as I My Me Strawberry Eggs or F-Zero: GP Legend, right?

LeaflameSD

Dropped World Trigger after about 5 or 6 episodes.

I read the early reviews of it (which all said the same thing; mediocre), but I wanted to give it a chance. Wasn't very good.

Nichi

You know, with that new Dragon Ball Z movie coming out, I thought of something: why hasn't there been an anime movie based on the concept of The Expendables? Like, have a massive crossover featuring classic anime action heroes like Goku and Kenshiro. That would honestly make for a badass movie -w-

Thoughts?

Chocofreak13

they've done a few Jump crossover fighting games, but i think that's the closest we'd ever get to something like that. it's a bit difficult to translate compared to western media, since you have wildly different worlds, whereas with western comics, for the most part they're all set on earth, in the modern day, in Everytown, USA. it's a basic matter of putting characters A into setting B. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

True that. Also, I totally want to get my hands on the Shonen Jump fighting games; always heard they were awesome
Also, I remember X-Play made it a point to state "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST IS NOT IN THIS #topkek". Um, ok...that's like making it a point to state Superman isn't playable in Marvel Ultimate Alliance :\

So, I plan to get back to the MapleAnime soon. I'd like to wrap it up, so I can get the reviews ready to pass onto you -w-

Chocofreak13

kaay.

been watching Kofuku Graffiti and Death Parade Recently. need to start watching Yurikuma and Saekano.
click to make it bigger

sks963

they said Death Paradise is amazing,is it? ???
I cant define that im strong life ,but my lifeblood is certainly hard.

Chocofreak13

i'm loving it! i watched the original Anime Short (it was part of Anime Mirai 2013), and showed it to my friends, and we all agreed that it should have gotten a series. when i heard it did, i was thrilled, and it's been excellent thus far. of course, it's Studio Madhouse, so there was no question. -w-
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

Chocofreak13

noice. :0

showed the kids more Death Parade today. they are beyond enjoying it so it was the right call. we had some extra time after so i showed them one episode each of Fireball (they were confused) and Di Gi Charat (they were adorb'd).
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Legojer on March 05, 2015, 09:36:14 AM
I am watching Dragonball Z!
Honestly I could never get into Dragon Ball... it was too long and drawn out for my liking

Chocofreak13

i think, as with most longer things, it helps to have grown up with it. i have fond memories of DBZ because i watched it every week (sometimes almost every day). ^^
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I know they basically use fight scenes as filler. Although Dragonball Z Kai is a version with all of the filler removed. Shrinks it by about half.