What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Eh, whatever sweetens your sake.

Neon Genesis Evangelion EP 1 Japanese for 0:24

Chocofreak13

no seriously, it's the first inkling of OS-tan. watch it, man. :00

i feel like drawing today but there's nothing on tv so i decided when i got up to alternate Black Blood Brothers and Midori Days since they both have english audio. xD
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

I've never watched or seen those animes. Maybe when I have time I'll watch them.

Nuku Nuku OVA Ep.6 DUB... and I think I'm going to download some anime  from NyaaTorrents.

Chocofreak13

BBB is an action-filled vampire drama. before you start thinking twilight KILL THOSE THOUGHTS RIGHT THERE. it's actually quite tragic, though i've never seen it through to the end so idk all the details. plus, vampire on vampire action! >:3

Midori Days was based off a Seinen Manga (aimed at guys 18 - 30's; filled to the brim with ecchi most of the time...) of the same name.....so yeah. hell, the entire scenario SCREAMS "i have the mind of a 12-year-old" considering the entire plot is that this scary-yet-noble teenage dude sans girlfriend wakes up with a cute girl as his right hand. and she loves him. i'm not shitting you. but, i already watched it once and i want a refresher course for the review blog, so i'm slogging through it. it's cute, but if you watch it prepare to laugh at absurdity and facepalm a lot. :\ (2/5)
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Better look out for those. And while we're at it, I'm downloading Neon Genesis Evangelion complete with subs :) I've wanted to watch this anime for a long time so I'll watch it later.

Nichi

Cool. I watched it last year, and thought it was pretty good

My advice: to balance out the mindscrew and depressing qualities, watch some G Gundam or Gurren Lagann along with it -w-

Chocofreak13

or Midori Days. xDD

seriously though, i've been meaning to see it for a long time but there are so many series in the backlog i probably wouldn't get to it till its 30th anniversary. ^^;;;

BBB ep 3.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Neon Genesis Evangelion Ep.1. I'm so proud of myself...

Chocofreak13

yay, you're following through! ^^
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

NGE Ep.2. Kinda hard to follow the subtitles but from what I can understand,
Spoiler: ShowHide
Shinji pilots the EVA-001 unit, and has problems facing the Angel Sachiel. The Angel damages EVA-001 (Or Shinji) enough to knock him backwards and make the Evangelion unit bleed(?) Turns out this was just a nightmare, so Shinji wakes up, and looks outta the window. He then meets Rei Ayanami who is in a devastating condition. After that, I think Shinji and Misato meets up with Shinji's father. Theeeennnn.... um... Shinji moves in with Katsuragi. Theeeen, her house is in fucked up condition. After they eat, then Shinji has a shower, then sees this penguin thing. After that... Misato has a shower while Shinji stays in his room, then Misato comes in after she has a shower, and commends Ikari on handling the Angel. After me thinks another dream happens where Shinji battles Sachiel again this time whooping his ass.

Is that... is that a logical synopsis?

Chocofreak13

ask pent when he gets back from work, not me.

Midori Days Ep. 4, BBB Ep. 4.

EDIT: i'm up through ep. 6 for each. about to watch ep 12 of Naruto and ep 1 of Soul Eater on tv.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sort of

Evangelion ep2: ShowHide
The "dreams" are things that did actually happen; just that Shinji blacks out and wakes up in a hospital, which is why there's such a jarring cut between the scenes

Chocofreak13

interesting. :0

soul eater has some interesting animation. but bones is known for artsy stuff like that. i'm liking the series thus far. -w-
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Thanks!

NGE episodes 3, 4 and 5

EDIT: And 6.
ANOTHER EDIT: And 7.

So in 7, Misato tries to push these things into the Angel to save Tokyo 3, she was a weird reaction to drinking sake in the morning, and Shinji helps Misato get into the angel by holding it down huh? Hmm...
...also Misato is hot.

Chocofreak13

which one's misato again, shinji's guardian? yeah, she's pretty. i like her necklace, too. though my favourite character would be Makinami Mari. Ayanami Rei is pretty hot, too.

about to watch some midori days.
click to make it bigger