svx

Just finished Dog Days  :>

Wow,
it was better than expected.

Amazingly well done!  I figured it'd be -

1.  Cute kemonomimi girls
2.  lol we don't need a plot
3.  Fanservice

Instead, it managed to turn the hilarious OMG THEY EXPLODE INTO KITTEN ORBS DURING PLAYFUL WARS plot into something amazing.  It even got pretty deep at the climax

My one annoyance...

My favorite seiyuu Kana Hanazawa only gets to play a second-to-main character  :<

MORE KANA HANAZAWA IN THE UPCOMING SEQUEL PLZ

More cat orbs, too  :>

Nichi

So, the series I've mainly watched as of late is Casshern Sins

Upon doing research, I'm likely going to torrent the fansub of the original '73 series, Neo-Human Casshern, sometime soon; just to see what all was changed in the new series.

Chocofreak13

next series to watch: casshern
tokimeki tonight?
the wallflower?
kuragehime
click to make it bigger

svx

Perhaps I, too, will watch this... Casshern Sins.

Nichi

@svx: Do it, man. It's a pretty good series so far :3

EDIT: So, I'm finally getting back to the anime I was watching. Sadly, since I can't remember what episode I left off on with G Gundam (I know I've seen more since episode 32, but I can't remember exactly where I left off), it's being put on the sidelines; while I continue with Cowboy Bebop and Digimon. Once I'm finished with one of them, I'll likely start watching Trigun or Azumanga Daioh.

...or possibly Softenni >w>;;

Raffaele the Amigan

This last year I saw Eureka Seven, Lovely Complex, Toradora, Capeta, Nana, Welcome to NHK and Ergo Proxy.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

@raffaele: what'd you think of NHK? i wrote a paper on it, and found it to be hilarious, sad, disturbing, disappointing, intense, and sweet all at the same time.

@pent: SOFTENNIIIIIIIIIII

WAAAAAAAATCH

@svx: casshern is interesting in that i haven't really seen anything like this before. similar, but not this specific concept and tone. if you liked cowboy bebop, trigun, or maybe even big o or gantz, you might like this series. :\

my friend mel is pressuring me to watch summer wars since it bears a striking resemblance to the digimon movie Our War Game. besides that, i need to catch up on casshern (still) and have been wanting to watch kuragehime lately.
though i'm still all about tokimeki tonight lately. i even found a fansub group doing it! ^^ (but they haven't updated since april.... ;^; )
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

@ choco:

you mean realistic as life?
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

yeah, the series was fairly realistic. i got away with using it for a term paper, so i suppose it is. >w>
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

Ah! I forgot to mention that it was aired Puella Magi Magica Madoka too, but I miss to see some episodes.

So I am waiting for a second TV passage and taste at its best this superb romantic and bloody mahou shojo anime.
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

Chocofreak13

finished Kuragehime(Princess Jellyfish) today. it leaves room for a sequel, but i don't think there is, which only leaves hope that the manga will be translated. >>;

also finished SoltyRei. at first i thought it was gonna be your run-of-the-mill action series, but HOT DAMN THAT WAS AN EPIC ENDING. GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY, SHIT BLOWIN' UP, PEOPLE DROPPING LIKE FILES, HAL-LIKE AI SYSTEMS, GOOD GOD THIS SERIES IS WORTH A REWATCH. AND I TEARED UP A COUPLE TIMES, TOO.

OSC I KNOW YOU LIKE ACTION AND I KNOW YOU LIKE INTRIGUE AND I KNOW YOU LIKE SUPERCOMPUTERS SO I KNOW YOU'LL LIKE THIS SERIES.

(plus the final boss was very touhou-esque. :0 )

EDIT: finished the SoltyRei 2-part OVA and got through 1-13 of The Wallflower. the OVA was cute, and i really like The Wallflower, but i doubt anyone else here will. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

What is the Wallflower about, anyway? I think I remember seeing some of the manga on your shelf, and never got a chance to ask

As for me, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I now have the Outlaw Star box set >:3
I might watch it through again once I finish Cowboy Bebop

stewartsage

I have a couple copies of the manga around here somewhere.