What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svx

@stew - Both are amazing in their own ways, I say... :D  Berserk TV had... such an awesome soundtrack...  Man...  I listen to the soundtrack while programming still, to this very day!

@choco - IDK  :<  I looked back and read my post and it didn't make any sense to me, so I did an OCD "let's make this shorter" thing  :p  I think all I said was - it's made by the same producers (Madhouse) who did Paranoia Agent!  The art style is very similar, etc, etc.  Give it a peek  :p

Chocofreak13

it looks perfect. :0 i need to propose it to the club at the start, but i'm sure they'll like it. thanks for the reccomendation. ^^
click to make it bigger

Exa

From the ongoing series, the new season of Cardfight Vanguard, Medaka Box and Nyaruko-san. Otherwise, Sengoku Otome.

Chocofreak13

HOLY CRAP IT'S AN EXA GET THE CAR

*throws pokeball*

meant to watch kaze no stigma today. procrastinated too much. maybe wednesday.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I need to get back to Bebop, so maybe once my copy of the movie arrives, I'll be ready for it ^_^;

svx

Finished Dennou Coil!  It rocked  :>

Now I'm on episode 6 of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.  It rocks so far

Still watching Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Accel World, and Fate/Zero every week also...

Chocofreak13

i had that series at one point! (TM8.0) i wonder what happened to it.....

speaking of finding stuff, i found 2 dvds earlier, one for hetalia (i forget the other one and i'm not getting up to look at it right now >>; ). i think i know who gave them to me, but the block lettering says otherwise....
click to make it bigger

svx

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 was too sad  :<

I need new anime to catch up on now...  Someone should recommend something!

Anime I've liked enough to store on a hard drive so far:

Accel World                                              Higashi no Eden: Gekijouban I - The King of Eden
Akira                                                    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Angel Beats!                                             Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai  Kamisama no Memochou
Asu no Yoichi                                            Kannagi
Bakemonogatari                                           Kanon (2006)
Berserk: Ougon Jidaihen                                 Kara no Kyoukai
Canaan                                                   Katanagatari
Carnival Phantasm                                        Kimi ni Todoke
Clannad                                                  K-ON!
Clannad ~After Story~                                    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 1st
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha                   Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden            Mirai Nikki
Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini                    Nyan Koi!
Death Note                                               Seitokai Yakuindomo
Dennou Coil                                              Serial Experiments Lain
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu                           Shakugan no Shana
ef - a tale of melodies                                  Shakugan no Shana Final
ef - a tale of memories                                  Shakugan no Shana Gekijouban
Eve no Jikan Gekijouban                                  Shakugan no Shana S
Fate ∕ Stay Night                                        Steins;Gate
Fate ∕ Stay Night Gekijouban: Unlimited Blade Works     Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Fate ∕ Zero                                              Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
FLCL                                                     Sword of the Stranger
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood                        Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi             Tayutama
Ga-Rei Zero                                              Tears to Tiara
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex                 Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Gin'iro no Kami no Agito                                 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Guilty Crown                                             Toradora
Higashi no Eden                                          Toshokan Sensou
Higashi no Eden: Gekijouban II - Paradise Lost          True Tears

All I have left in my "to watch" folder is just Paprika and Blood: the Last Vampire

Chocofreak13

ANOHANA

I SEE ANOHANA (4th one down)
AND MAID-SAMA
AND KIMI NI TODOKE

you sir have good taste
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I really need to catch up reading the Maid-sama manga.

Chocofreak13

me too. i was fishing it out of the stacks the other day and i realized i only have two volumes.

sadface. :[
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That was one I was thinking of reading while there, but generally I didn't think about it until I was tied up with something else ^_^;

Chocofreak13

s'how it always goes, huh? ^^;
click to make it bigger

Bella

For those who may be interested,
Revolutionary Girl Utena is legally streaming on YouTube. There are a bunch of other anime streams too, here's the schedule + links for all of them.

Just watched the first two episodes of Utena, probably gonna give ARIA a look too...

Chocofreak13

:0

i've always wanted to see Utena!! thankyou so much!!

gonna watch Aria, Dirty Pair (i have a couple VHSs of this series so i figure i should give it a try), Utena, Antique Bakery (it sounds cute), Emma (i heard victorian, nuff said), MAYBE Rental Magica, Boys Be..., Gakuen Alice, Gravitation, & His and Her Circumstances. all of the unfinished series i listed are maybes, since i'm not fond of unfinished ones (if i can't get them all from the same source, it's kind of a hassle).

also, watched Kaze no Stigma 5-9 today. in the middle of an arc, it's quite good. also managed to hook up my computer to the TV with no problems this time. ^^

i need a dedicated computer for my TV for anime. :\

EDIT: i'm up to ep. 15 of kaze no stigma. recent thoughts include:
"AYUMI WHYYYYYYYYYYYY"
"POOR RENNNNNNN"
"oh god, that's so adorable."
"do they really think americans look like that.....?"

also, just watched ep. 3 (last episode) of Buttobi CPU (I Dream of Mimi). thoughts:
"OH GOD, THIS SERIES IS SO CAMPY, LOL."
"TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
"the poor things ;^;"
"LEGIONS OF GIRLS!!!"
"WHY IS THERE NO EPISODE 4"
i seriously think that OSC should watch this series, despite its ecchi nature. it's like the precursor to OS-tans, plus it's short, adorable, and campy. and come on, the enemies are called "Nackintosh"!!! xDDD

about to watch the last episode of ben-to, we'll see how it goes.

EDIT EDIT: just finished ben-to ep. 12, my thoughts:
"n'awww. they look like boyfriend and girlfriend. but i get the feeling that she'd be pissed if someone said that. ;v;
"don't you think yarizui will be mad that she wasn't able to fight....?"
"so.....many....wolves...."
"jeez, red from pokemon is a bitch. >>;"
"grilled unagi looks tasty....."
"TAKE THAT, RED!!!"
"yay, everyone's friends ;v;"
"i really wish there was a sequel. ;^;"
"*belts out the ending*"
"SCREW SINGING FOR YOUR SUPPER, YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR YOUR SUPPER!!!"
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! *RAISES FIST IN AIR*"

it was an amazing series. so glad i got and watched it. definitely worth a rewatch. ;v;

EDIT EDIT EDIT: marathoned kaze no stigma, finished it. it was a good series overall, even though at times it was a tad obvious. they hinted at a season 2, but the series was made in 07, with no signs of activity, especially since the original creator died in 2009. that said, it might be worth a rewatch, so i'm considering torrenting it (watched it on demand and through an online video service).
also, POOR TSUI LING/I HOPE LAPIS ROTS IN HELL THE BITCH WITH HER LITTLE 'MASTER' TOO
click to make it bigger