What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svx

omg, did you say "new episodes of Kaze no Stigma"?

Love me some Kaze no Stigma!

Are they new, new episodes, or original ones you haven't seen yet?  I need to research this now :p

Chocofreak13

i believe it's the latter. i'm behind anyway. but it's a good series. :3

also, loves me some cousincest here. -w-

EDIT: today i watched Ben-to 8-11, but the club only saw episode 8 before the protests made me turn it off. i was even gonna skip ep 9, too.... >>;;;

despite that, it was still a good day at club, since we watched ep 1 of Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime, to uproarious cheers and laughs. even though it's licensed, it's been demanded that we show it in club next year. >w<

i also handed out Ben-to 1-12 (entire series) to 6 lucky members of club (sorry dennis ;^; ), including soundtrack and a special message from me. :3

might watch ep 12 later, if only to resolve the cliffhanger for myself. :\

(i wish we could have seen 10. it had such great action....)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Night Raid Episode 1

Medaka Box Episode 1

Nichi

Well, I'm finally getting back to Digimon, so at the moment, currently watching:

- Cowboy Bebop (On ep11)
- G Gundam (On ep 32)
- Digimon Adventure 01 (On ep 2)

svx

Berserk: ~~Ore no Tamago ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai~~ Love Red Edition "Bubbles Box" Pure!<3

stewartsage

Un-Go 1-4 so far, now watching five.

Chocofreak13

Jungle de Ikou.

and i think everyone would enjoy it, no matter how "wt-fuckin'-f" it is. (it had detailed descriptions of military aircraft! and little girls!)
click to make it bigger

svx

The first Berserk gekijouban was AMAZING

I didn't care too much that it was made with that "completely CG, yet emulating 2D" art style at first, but it kind of grew on me around the time they encountered Zodd the Immortal  :>

I also watched Sword of the Stranger.  It reminded me of Samurai X (Kenshin) a lot!  Very cool, great story  :p

Ahh, and I also watched OVA's 1-9 of Hellsing Ultimate.  I own most of the manga, and I daresay that it followed it... ...peculiarly closely :p  I liked it overall, but it's not my fav.  I should've waited until episode 10 was out!  Anyway, man, the one thing that throws me off...  It wasn't the long, corny, comic-book speeches, or the surreal/uncomfortable poses that the characters take...  no, no.  The one thing that I kept thinking about, that almost ruined it for me, is that the soundtrack is absolute rubbish compared to the Hellsing TV series.  :<

The animation when Alucard fights Luke Valentine was much better in the OVA.  But in the TV series, the music made the scene surpass anything the OVA could've done to make up for a lack of it, IMO  :p

And now I'm watching Dennou Coil!  Have you seen it yet choco?  It'd be perfect for your anime club  :D  It's pretty amazing

Nichi

I obtained some anime from Kari while I was there. Since it was a last minute thing, some series I wanted I had to leave behind (Sailor Moon being a major one), but I did obtain Trigun and Azumanga Daioh at least. I'll post a full list later; when I can get to my drive

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@svx: really now? sounds familiar, but i don't know much about it. got a link to wiki or something? (and what would you rate it, using the movie rating system?)
@pent: if all else fails, i can buy a cheap flash drive and mail it to you, lol. you can pay me back. or maybe you could mail me one of yours. xD

*checks to see if i have the wallflower*
*sees that i have it*

i should watch the wallflower. (and the rest of Kuragehime.)
click to make it bigger

svx

@choco  As requested!  :p

Plot synopsis / reviews / etc:  http://myanimelist.net/anime/2164/Dennou_Coil

Also,  probably  PG-13 or something?  After watching it up to episodes 12 so far, I guess that's what I'd give it  :>

stewartsage

Does Berserk Abridged count as anime?

Berserk Abridged.

Nichi

@Kari: That could work; I could mail you the external drive I brought with me, you load it up with the stuff I missed that I wanted, and then mail it back with the rest of my stuff or something. We can work out the details later :3

Oh; I did obtain Welcome to the NHK while I was at it. It's only right that I watch this series, since my ringtone is of a song from the series (Also, it's one that sounded interesting from my TV Tropes wikiwalk a while back)

Chocofreak13

@svx: why did you edit the post? i was going to read the original last night, but i was too tired, so i was going to save it for this morning. but then i find the cropped version. :\

oh well, at least we have the link. thanks. :3
click to make it bigger