Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

just watched ep. 1 of Buttobi CPU/I Dream of Mimi:
SO 90'S
SO CAMPY
SO WTF PRONO
I LOL'D HEARTILY

also, today's club lineup included the ova 6.5 of usagi drop, in addition to episode 7 of the same series. we watched the opening to ben-to and dantalian, the former to much celebration, the latter to quiet contemplation. the president wants to start the former asap, stating "this looks so epic. they're getting this hyped over food. we're watching this next. and if not, next year."
after that, we watched code geass ep. 3, though we had to skip the last 10 minutes due to a shower scene. honestly, the president coulda planned better. but that's okay, the series is steaming along well. >>;

currently torrenting softenni and fight ippatsu! juden-chan!!. >w>;

EDIT: just added more torrents to the cue.
Sekirei season 1&2
Chrome Shelled Regios
Samurai Champloo
Princess Jellyfish

EDIT EDIT: Ep. 2 of Buttobi CPU/I Dream of Mimi:

lol, nackintosh. lol, america.
nackintosh specs:

2 petabytes of HDD space
american superiority complex (teary proclamation of 'god bless america')
love for japanese drama?
"power erection saver" program.

lolz were had.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: in the middle of princess jellyfish :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Likely going to watch episode 1 of Ben-To later tonight :3

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Not an anime, per se, but a visual novel: Analogue: A Hate Story.

I've done it again.  I've fallen in love with the AI representation of a girl who killed everyone aboard her generation ship.  I need help...

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

on the upside, i love that picture.

i'm up to episode 8 (?) of Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish).
and i started watching Sekirei again.
and i torrented Black Blood Brothers earlier.

am sad to learn that series has no plushies. :[
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm still watching Ben-To. Love it so far, especially Hana <3

Chocofreak13

i need to start previewing the anime myself for the club (in order to get the timing right for censoring). once i do we can chat about it. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

i'd like to chat with someone about kuragehime, too. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, to kind of mix things up (Since I'm almost finished with Ben-To), I decided to check out the first volumes of Negima and Evangellion from the library (While LOLing at the fact that volume 1 of Haruhi was filed under "Non-Fiction" xD)

I watched the first few episodes of Negima ages ago, so that's more of a coming back to it years later to maybe finish it.

As for Evangellion, it's decent; the dub has that mid-to-late '90s flare to it (It's not as cringe-worthy as the Cardcaptor Sakura dub, thankfully), and Shinji is annoying, but overall it's a series I wouldn't mind finishing...or rather, "reach the mindscrew final episode that I've heard isn't much of an ending"

Pitkin

Evangelion's only true ending is the original one, I refuse to think about anything made after. >< As for Shinji, I personally like his character because I find it more credible than many other teenagers in anime series.

edit: On-topic, watching the original Dragon Ball. Episode 50 or 60 something, Fedora-Tan might remember exactly. ^^;;;

Bella

I could watch the original Evangelion if I wanted (brother has the DVDs).......... but I'm kind of scared to. >>

The first two Rebuild movies are awesome though. ^^

Nichi

So I've heard. I wouldn't mind seeing those eventually ^_^

Chocofreak13

i have the first rebuild movie, and i've seen both. they both rock. though the second is better cause it has Mari. -w-

shinji is one of the more annoying leads i've enountered, made worse by the original theme song doing nothing but saying how great he is. >>;
that said, he's not all bad. maybe it's because his mum's dead and he has a crap father. who knows.
that said, i've been watching urusei yatsura. and more urusei yatsura. and i'm gonna watch more in a bit. consider it a part of con prep. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm still watching Ben-To off and on. Once I'm finished, I'm not sure what I'll do next; either find a torrent of Cardcaptor Sakura (So I can finish that up) or finally get back to Digimon.

Also, I bought the first disc of Trigun at a garage sale this morning. I haven't seen it in years...and, since the box set is only $20, I might eventually buy it