What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentbob

Well, I hope MPC doesn't spy on me.   At least not according to the firewall logs, so I guess I'm home safe.  I can't say for WMP 10 or 11, but I don't use those since they're bloated and ugly.

MisterCat

Success!  I've finally succeeded in my attempts to view an episode of Zero no Tsukaima!  Hooray for me.

;012

Having returned the MPEG-4 version of the torrent back to the cosmos (via the Delete function) I downloaded an AVI version.  It plays!  *prolonged applause ensues*

;019

The audio is excellent and so is the video.  But what of magi Kirche Augusta Frederica von Anhalt Zerbst and Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière, along with their colleagues?

;018

Well, first of all, the length of their names is nothing when compared to the overly-long main-title song:  It sounds like a Japanese version of some tune from Sesame Street, in other words it's much like a lot of anime main-title music.  The words "advertising" and "peppy" spring to mind.

;013

Kids' music aside, it's totally refreshing to see a female character's likeness and name appear in the main title before those of the requisite ballast ââ,¬â€ the annoying middle-school boy.  But, even more relief is at hand:  Not only are the usual scenery-eating boy-hero clichés kept to a bare minimum, but Kirche and Louise actually accomplish difficult and sometimes heroic tasks with no help whatsover from the male bubble-gummer.

;010

I've read what I can find in regard to this series, so I know the Japanese patriarchy rears its ugly head during the final episode.  Surprise, surprise!  But, hey, at least the expected sexist bullshit is (in the main) wonderfully absent during most of the episodes.

:smoke:

Louise is Our Hero, Kirche is a hero too (though the two of them are immersed in a we-don't-like-one-another cliché) and I'm quite looking forward to screening all the episodes ââ,¬â€ even though I've not the storage space to keep the whole series.  Three cheers, by the way, for Zoomplayer and its 1,592,812 codecs!

;hi

=^..^=

SleepyD

I need to get around to Zero no Tsukaima.  

VAs are pretty much the same from Shakugan no Shana, which I liked.

Furthermore, Jeff is watching Hellsing. (Added to the mass of incomplete series I've yet to have time to watch)

...an anime marathon is in order in December. ^^

brougeXP22

QuoteI need to get around to Zero no Tsukaima.

never watched that show but i've heard good things about it

SleepyD

Yes.  My sister has been watching it for a while now, and I need to get to that...

...now it's time for my Ace Combat fanaticism to spill into these forums...

To those who play flight sims, yes, I know it's unrealistic. To those who've never heard of it, think of it as a semi-flight sim with an good war story in a fictional world. ^^

H'okay, why am I saying this?

Found a nice youtube thingy.

First one is the original, second one is what I found intriguing.
Ace Combat Zero Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHl9BUj_Iyg
Nanoha A's Combat Zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nf-NkV84q8

For these two things to come together like that, it makes me happy. ^^

NewYinzer

Is that one of those AMV's I've heard so much about on Wikipedia?

Ultimaninja

I've been off of anime for too long...my headphones are broken, and it's sorta rude to listen and watch anime while your parents and sister try to spend time together watching the tv...

Alex Stankevitch

Ive finished Mahoromatic (both seasons) and am making a start on Onigai Twins and Please Teacher.

Im also going to work on an AMV over the half-term.

NewYinzer

QuoteIve finished Mahoromatic (both seasons) and am making a start on Onigai Twins and Please Teacher.

Did you enjoy Mahoromatic? I remember watching it several weeks ago, and I loved it!

QuoteIm also going to work on an AMV over the half-term.

I have only one thing to say to that:
Sweet!

Ultimaninja

Waiting for the new Samurai Champloo episodes to come out on OnDemand...

And watching:
Shuffle
Elfien Lied
Da Capo
Bleach
Jing: King of Bandits

brougeXP22

Quote from: "Alex Stankevitch"Ive finished Mahoromatic (both seasons) and am making a start on Onigai Twins and Please Teacher.

Im also going to work on an AMV over the half-term.

i haven't watched onegai twins but i did have the first DVD of onegai teacher. i'm also planning to make a AMV for my final project in Sci Vis class ;010

brougeXP22 added the following  19 seconds after last message :

QuoteWaiting for the new Samurai Champloo episodes to come out on OnDemand...

And watching:
Shuffle
Elfien Lied
Da Capo
Bleach
Jing: King of Bandits

Elfen lied is very violent  o_o Lol but i own the whole series ^_^

Alex Stankevitch

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
QuoteIve finished Mahoromatic (both seasons) and am making a start on Onigai Twins and Please Teacher.

Did you enjoy Mahoromatic? I remember watching it several weeks ago, and I loved it!

QuoteIm also going to work on an AMV over the half-term.

I have only one thing to say to that:
Sweet!

Yea, Mahoromatic was great, i was just annoyed that not enough romantic action was going on with Mahoro and Suguru. And that bazooka-chested teacher can go to hell. If I was Suguru id get a needle and pop those things.

I also own the WHOLE Elfen Lied series, not fully watched it yet as ive got about 3-4 on the go and im still doing my Battlefield and Battlefield 2.

Ill probably have a go at the Mahoro AMV if I can get the video sequences right, but if not ill have to do something else and it will include subs im afraid. Ill do more work.

Any songs people would like to request? (make new thread please, dont flood this one)

NewYinzer

QuoteYea, Mahoromatic was great, i was just annoyed that not enough romantic action was going on with Mahoro and Suguru. And that bazooka-chested teacher can go to hell. If I was Suguru id get a needle and pop those things.

Glad to hear that. I agree it could have had more romantic elements, but a rich plot and good characters make it a good anime. I agree, there is a point in which a breast defies gravity and becomes a flotation device.

QuoteAny songs people would like to request? (make new thread please, dont flood this one)

One quick suggestion (I won't flood the thread with any more): The A-Team Theme

Ultimaninja

My absolute favorite AMV I've seen are:
Tainted Doughnuts

FLCL-Mr. Roboto

Now then, I need to watch anime!
Watching bleach and Eureka 7...

Silentbob

Just watching Bartender, when episodes come out.   It's a slice-of-life kinda thing.