Lets not be A-holes

Started by panda, August 14, 2006, 03:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panda

NewYinzer

Quoteread this,
http://www.projectjen.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15632&hl=

Lets not make the internet a bad place.

So...you're saying ban several people and have the admins lock a few topics?

panda

I was thinking more of the lines like this

QuoteHowever, what I do see is you coming out of nowhere and trying to start trouble. It reminds me of something I didn't like Noel saying a while back: "I come on line for entertainment, and I'll get it if I have to piss everyone else off to get it."

That's exactly the kind of bullshit we need to stamp out from the internet. Perhaps it is welcome at some boards, but as far as I am concerned, it's exactly the wrong kind of thinking. It's really the sort of opinion that gets people into serious trouble IRL, because people don't like guys who act like they're all that by causing trouble.

Just not be A-holes. like Nasty Spunitc (kyle).

NewYinzer

I'm more worried about AT&T taking over the internet:

http://savetheinternet.com/

Darknight_88

So, in a few words, and from what I understood: Let's erradicate the trolls.

I agree and support the cause. How? Don't being a troll and don't feeding the existing ones. Hopefully, there are no trolls here (...right? >.>)

NewYinzer

QuoteSo, in a few words, and from what I understood: Let's erradicate the trolls.

I agree and support the cause. How? Don't being a troll and don't feeding the existing ones. Hopefully, there are no trolls here (...right? >.>

*Gulp*
I hope you don't think I'm a troll!

panda

NewYinzer

QuoteIn Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases.

That still doesn't answer my question.

Darknight_88

"a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

NewYinzer

Quote"a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I suppose I do not fit the definition of a troll. But is there anyone that is (Oh no, that's one of the symptoms)?

Darknight_88

No, no one here fits in that description.

Quote"I come on line for entertainment, and I'll get it if I have to piss everyone else off to get it."
That's exactly the usual motivation of a troll (sometimes anger, but even then, they enjoy what they do).

NewYinzer

QuoteNo, no one here fits in that description.

Quote:
"I come on line for entertainment, and I'll get it if I have to piss everyone else off to get it."

That's exactly the usual motivation of a troll (sometimes anger, but even then, they enjoy what they do).

Now that we have ironed out that conclusion, what do you have to say to improve our forum, panda?

rdhdtwns

Seriously -_- stupid will always be around, no matter in what form. Hell, even in ~*~made up~*~ stories (not real life or the internets!!) there is still an abundance of ignorance and stupidity.

So~ a campaign against stupidity and making the internet a "better place" (as I browse the hentai sub-forum here, heh), only asks for the a-holes to come out and poke fun at the fact that even if you rid of 5, you'll get 10 in return.

This board is a fine and dandy place, with fine and dandy people. There's no real reason to go on a campaign here, the energy needs to be directed elsewhere. Unless of course you're trying to campaign for people to fight the .. fight. In that case, carry on.
So cute it\'s deadly!

NewYinzer

QuoteSeriously -_- stupid will always be around, no matter in what form. Hell, even in ~*~made up~*~ stories (not real life or the internets!!) there is still an abundance of ignorance and stupidity.

So~ a campaign against stupidity and making the internet a "better place" (as I browse the hentai sub-forum here, heh), only asks for the a-holes to come out and poke fun at the fact that even if you rid of 5, you'll get 10 in return.

This board is a fine and dandy place, with fine and dandy people. There's no real reason to go on a campaign here, the energy needs to be directed elsewhere. Unless of course you're trying to campaign for people to fight the .. fight. In that case, carry on.

So...what's your purpose for this thread, panda?

panda

did you read the whole Wikipeadida ardical? there are so many diffrent types of trolls.

In real life it seems that that is a stage, I know I did some of those years ago.