Translation Thread

Started by NewYinzer, August 06, 2006, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

And speak of the devil!  Page 5 translated -- looked harder than it actually was.  ^__^

Here you go,... for your viewing and hentai pleasure.... -v-

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/05-Translated.jpg

CaptBrenden

I think i brought this up once before.. what the possiblity of you being able to reverse translate something.. aka put it in japanese?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

I think i brought this up once before.. what the possiblity of you being able to reverse translate something.. aka put it in japanese?

Well translating from English to Japanese is quite possible.

But for ME to translate from English to Japanese,... well, that's a different story.  ^^'
Depends on how accurate you want it.  ^__^;

See, I'm still a novice -- I may have agreed to translate these pages, but I'm only doing it for the practice.  Can't read them standalone yet without using several tools (e.g., Jquicktrans, IME pad) and a good dictionary at hand.  Plus for the most part, whenever the transliteration of the words isn't particularly clear, I sort of use my imagination to make up what they're probably saying.  ^^'

In the reverse case, the words must be exact, meaning I have to get the grammar right or it might as well be gibberish.  I should one day be at this level, but at the moment I think Bestiland, Google or JIM Breen's would do a better job than I.  ^^'

Then again, don't forget that for many decades, most Anime producers were never particularly concerned over the proper usage of English -- so it's only fair that we should get away with a little butchery ourselves.  ^____^;

CaptBrenden

Kami-Tux

Can someone please translate that cuuuuute picture?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Oooooh!  That's a rare find!  Don't forget to load it up in the Picture Gallery!  ^v^

I'll give the translation a shot tonight, although right off hand the "Mukashi Mukashi" can be roughly transliterated to "Once Upon a Time....".  So clearly it's trying to sound like the opening of a fairy tale.  ^___^

Surprised there's no kanji, though,... that might complicate things a tad.... We'll see....  T__T'

C-Chan

Oooh sorry, forgot about this thread.  ^___^'

Really do need Kanji for a better translation, but at least I think I'm onto something.  -v-'

Unfortunately, the translation may not be as extensive as you probably hoped it would be.  -v-'

ã,€ã‹ã—ã,€ã‹ã—
ã,ã,‹ã¨ã€€ã"ã,ã«
なまえのなã,,
おーえすかã,,ました

Mukashi mukashi
Aruto koroni
Namae no nai
O-ESU kaimashita

"Once upon a time
There lived a nameless OS..."

Kami-Tux

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

So...what happened to this thread? For a while we were churning out some really good translations...but now it doesn't seem like things are progressing at all. I'd like to use this opportunity to ask again:

Does anyone know Japanese? Would anyone like to help us with translations? Does anyone really care?

C-Chan

"We" stopped making translations cause you wanted OVAs, remember?  `v'

For me it also boiled down to poor demand -- my Japanese skills are still too poor, and my drawing inspiration too high, to slug my way through these translations without at least some encouragement.  I'll probably get back to them again one day once I've learned the language a little better.  -v-

NewYinzer

I say that we try to find some people who speak Japanese before we proceed farther...

Quote"We" stopped making translations cause you wanted OVAs, remember? `v'

That was shortly before my workload went from "Work Defcon 5" to "Work Defcon 1". Just to add, I think that OVA's didn't go down so good, so let's get everyone reorganized and work on their ideas for a while.

Just to recap:

Defcon 5 = British Prep School
Defcon 4 = German Magnet High School
Defcon 3 = Ultra-Elite Japanese High School
Defcon 2 = Trying to get into Tokyo University*
Defcon 1 = A Japanese-German Ultra-Elite Magnet/Prep School for students applying to Tokyo University*

* Just an example of the sort of workload I was under. Now I can lay back, relax to Defcon 4, and study for my SAT's.

C-Chan

................................Huh?  '___'

..................................................Well, in any event, I've resumed my Japanese studies, and this time with a vengeance since it's kinda critical to my new project....  -__-

Meaning I might resume Mac Manga translations for practice.  -v-

You, on the other hand, have SATs study for, so in other words we're back to square one....  -.-

CaptBrenden

Seems im not the only one studying japanese hard corps right now

NejinOniwa

Hm. This thread's been out of it for a while....

Oh well!
I've come with a small translation request. Something I came across while proxybrowsing the Kazumi386 Ostan Archives, and wondered much about what the hell it really was about. Also, i think it's a good notion to get some action done on this part in general ^.^ (not that I have much to say, though)
Anyways, this is a single strip featuring the somewhat rare characters of 97-tan and Moseko. GLHF!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

^Oh yeah, I spotted that, too! It's usual to see Moseko, especially not looking...trampy....;)