Win XP Media edition

Started by CaptBrenden, August 02, 2006, 04:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

There is an XPME-tan that's around (has her own folder now at the gallery), but I always DID wonder who that cat-eared -tan is.  Could be an alternative version of XPMCE-tan,... could also be a [cuter] version of Windows Media Player-tan herself.  ^__^

Either way, it's well worth the necropost to investigate this mystery once and for all.  ^v^

BTW, welcome ZShadow.  ^__^

I take it you like lurking in the shadows, eh?  ^_~

ZShadow

I like this version better because the colours make it different, plus XPME looks too much like homeko imho :3

Exa

Quote from: "ZShadow"I like this version better because the colours make it different, plus XPME looks too much like homeko imho :3

Or a mix of Homeko + ME-tan :S But this one is better, even though I remembered her as Windows Media Player-tan...

ZShadow

Should I upload the pics to the gallery then ?:3

Xyanide

wait so...Windows Media Center isn't the same thing as Windows XP Media???

Tupolev Wolf

well i got Windows XP Media Center, and it's very different than normal Windows XP.

C-Chan

Hehe,... well not THAT different, but yeah the default interface is more glitzy, it seems NOT to like networks very much, AND it has higher hardware requirements (more RAM).  ^__^

I also looked at the "Media Center" itself, which is kind of a glorified version of Windows Media Player (except with MORE bloat, if you can imagine that...  ^^;) that comes with XPME.  

I do think that -tan looks cuter than the ME-tan + Homeko + Lindows crossover, but I'm still suspicious that she might be a media player.  -v-'

Aurora Borealis

I've seen a version of XP Media Center Edition-tan that has short brown hair, wears a green schoolgirl outfit and has a guitar case that doubles as a jetpack and I like that version best because she doesn't look trampy like the more common XP+ME crossover (although I like the visual puns to her design)

C-Chan

Yep, the trampiness is kinda my gripe too.  But I don't mind it, cause,... hell, it's not like it hurts me to paint Windows in a bad light.  -v-'

*hears XPME computer complaining*

[to XPME computer] Oh, shut yer pie hole, you non-torrent seeding storage space, DVD burner and part-time game machine.  `v'

ZShadow

I'm pretty sure its not a media player, because one has a start button on the tie (WMP has no start button), 2 have "MCE" on their top, and 2 are holding the remote which comes with MCE

C-Chan

The play buttons do out number the start ones, but I will agree that "MCE" is a dead giveaway.  ^__^

(the remote not so much cause my XPME didn't come with one.... Ã,¬__Ã,¬)

*kicks XPME machine, and hugs Xubuntu machine lovingly*

Okay, I'm sold.  ^__^
There's an 85% chance she's a competing design for Windows XPME-tan.  ^__^

When the time comes, this'll make for an excellent debate on the new OS-tan Wiki.  ^__^

(oh, and yeah,... feel free to upload now that there is definitive proof of her identity.  ^v^)