Site Updates

Started by Goujer, September 15, 2022, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 02, 2022, 08:17:42 PMRE: VPNs - tbh doing a blanket ban on them is probably more harm than good, especially considering how common and popular they are these days. i'd like to subscribe to one at some point (i've heard FreeVPN is kinda crappy and might actually track your data...?)
Mullvad is my VPN of choice.

Goujer (she/her)

A pronoun field has been added to your forum profiles.
Seemed like a reasonable thing to add.

The Computer Otakou

So what's is there going to be any more changes to the rules on the site...?

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: The Computer Otakou on July 01, 2023, 08:08:58 PMSo what's is there going to be any more changes to the rules on the site...?
Maybe

Goujer (she/her)

Just occurred to me that no one could make a Wiki account.
You can now.
Have at it.

Goujer (she/her)

Wiki updates this time.

• Wiki now has user page edit protection, meaning only you and admins can edit your user pages.
  • Emails are required for making accounts, and email verification is required to create and edit pages.
  • Cologne Blue, Minerva Neue and Modern skins are all working now.
  • Mobile view now uses Timeless skin for a better mobile experience.

Account creation is still closed but I think I will be comfortable with opening it soon.

Goujer (she/her)

Broke the Gallery, whoops, I will hopefully get it working soon.

Goujer (she/her)

Gallery working now

Nanami Madobe Fan

Hey so what about Direct Image uploads I hate having to use other services such as ImageBB, Imgur, or other services I would like it if we could upload to the site directly instead of having to use Image services.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 07:18:05 PMHey so what about Direct Image uploads I hate having to use other services such as ImageBB, Imgur, or other services I would like it if we could upload to the site directly instead of having to use Image services.

You can totally do it, simply add an image as an attachment and a prompt should show up to embed the image in the post.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on November 28, 2023, 07:31:52 PMYou can totally do it, simply add an image as an attachment and a prompt should show up to embed the image in the post.

Thank You also you should add Yubi Key as a 2FA doing SMS and apps are not as secure plus I think the hackers would need to have physical access to the key plus its much more secure than Smart Phones also I think it would be a nice option to have.

Goujer (she/her)

I don't think our software supports it unfortunately.
Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 28, 2023, 07:49:26 PMThank You also you should add Yubi Key as a 2FA doing SMS and apps are not as secure plus I think the hackers would need to have physical access to the key plus its much more secure than Smart Phones also I think it would be a nice option to have.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on November 29, 2023, 07:03:59 AMI don't think our software supports it unfortunately.

Oh  :( well sorry than

Hālian He/him

I use a YubiKey myself, and sadly there aren't a great many sites that support it. :/

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Hālian on November 29, 2023, 12:35:11 PMI use a YubiKey myself, and sadly there aren't a great many sites that support it. :/

Well I hope more sites in the future could support them.