Main Menu

Linux Distros

Started by C-Chan, July 19, 2006, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Cool!  Posts!  ^__^
Actually, I did find more BSDs (plus other Linux-tans not previously acknowledged on the list).  It's just that, for whatever reason or other, I keep forgetting this topic [I created.... Ã,¬_Ã,¬) is still here and so forget to update it.....  Ã,¬___Ã,¬'

Still haven't even added the pictures......

Gomen........  -______________-'

Okay, I'll get to it shortly.  ^___^
I will eventually draw an OpenBSD, FreeBSD and NetBSD (a trio that follows/protects Plan 9 and Inferno-tan for reasons not obvious yet), but since the former two exist in so many forms I guess I'll need to pick-n-choose from the creme-of-the-crop.   ^__^

Darknight_88

I don't know what you think, but I don't like a lot "Puffy". She looks too boyish (specially face) and the hair its too "spiky". But that's just a personal opinion

NewYinzer

QuoteI don't know what you think, but I don't like a lot "Puffy". She looks too boyish (specially face) and the hair its too "spiky". But that's just a personal opinion

I agree (wow, that wasn't much of a post).

Darknight_88

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
QuoteI don't know what you think, but I don't like a lot "Puffy". She looks too boyish (specially face) and the hair its too "spiky". But that's just a personal opinion

I agree (wow, that wasn't much of a post).

Yeah, I know that it's hard to fill a post when you don't have a lot to say =/.
BTW, anyone knows why she's holding...a pair of police baton's? Or have any ideas for your own OpenBSD-tan? (according to the actual characteristics of the OS)

C-Chan

I can concur to a small degree, but I think the tough girl theme could be useful nevertheless.

Likely the form of my rendition will be based in part on the Puffy rendition, but the details will be reworked.

C-Chan added the following  2 minutes after last message :

I wouldn't even dare guess on those batons.....  Kowai.... Ã,¬___Ã,¬'

NewYinzer

QuoteI can concur to a small degree, but I think the tough girl theme could be useful nevertheless.

Likely the form of my rendition will be based in part on the Puffy rendition, but the details will be reworked.

Ah well. Ya win some, ya lose some. I guess it's back to my criminal empire in England.

Kami-Tux

I like Puffy-tan because she does not look in a way, which only is cute. And her hair must be spiky since it reminds of the BSD-Mascot Puffy.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Kami-Tux

Puffy-tan came from: http://www.wakachan.org/os/ however, I can not directly link to her!

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

QuotePuffy-tan came from: http://www.wakachan.org/os/ however, I can not directly link to her!

Go There RIGHT NOW! They're talking about us!

C-Chan

Aa sou, so that's the "Puffy" they're talking about.  -_-

A puffer fish,... cute.  ^__^

"Kay, I can work with that.....  ^v^

*starts scribbling down preconcept notes*

BTW, regardless of how the original OpenBSD fits people's tastes, you have to credit the original artist for the attempt at creating a new OS-tan.  That kind of participation is what keeps the OS-tan phenomenon living!  ^.^

Kami-Tux

BTW: I tried to make a Minix-tan and failed. My idea was that she looks a bit like DOS-tan, but flies on a magic carpet, which is actually a floppy-disk and has the size of CE-tan.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NewYinzer

QuoteBTW: I tried to make a Minix-tan and failed. My idea was that she looks a bit like DOS-tan, but flies on a magic carpet, which is actually a floppy-disk and has the size of CE-tan.

I have only one thing to say to that:
Cool!

C-Chan

QuoteBTW: I tried to make a Minix-tan and failed. My idea was that she looks a bit like DOS-tan, but flies on a magic carpet, which is actually a floppy-disk and has the size of CE-tan.

I second that....
That's AWESOME!!!!  SUGOI x 85!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

And this is perfect, since Minix is one of the many OS-tans that I don't have my own preconcept for whatsoever (others include BeOS, VIC-20 and Pilot OS [from the Xerox Star]).  

If at first you don't succeed, please keep trying as often as necessary.  ^v^

The AppleII-tan I'm working on now met with a very unseemly false start, but I'll redraw her face as often as necessary until it comes out the way I envision her.  -v-

If you already have Minix-tan sketched, that's great.  Since you already have a base to work with, all you'd really need to do are adjustments (little by little) to make her look the way you envision.  ^v^

If you need any help, feel free to ask.  In order to help propagate independent artistry (especially for new OS-tans), I'd be willing to support you 110%!!!!  ^V^

*pauses*

A heck, I'll give you the SleepD deal too!  ^.^
115%!!!  ^V^

NewYinzer

QuoteVIC-20

O RLY?

Seriously, I'm very happy to hear that!

C-Chan

Don't tell me you're interested in a VIC-20-tan and a Commmodore 128-tan....?  `v'

*sigh*  

.........Oh, alright.....  -v-
We can head over to the Commodore-tan thread and do some brainstorming.  That way, if I can't get to it, another artist will have material to work with and take over for us.  ^-^