July 24, 2019, 05:53:49 am

OS-Tan fan game?

Started by Tasha04, April 28, 2019, 04:15:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tasha04

Now I was thinking that if there was a  OS-Tan fangame, what would it be called and what would the plot be. I had thought of one idea I just don't have a name for it yet but it's like a Metroidvania game. Basically ME-Tan goes and fights the other OS-Tans by throwing floppy disks and eventually reaches the boss who is WE-Tan (because she looks like ME-Tan).
Henlo there human

VolareVia

Not sure about for anything like Metroidvanias, but there have been discussions of RPGs and Visual Novels and RTSes in the past. 

I'm honestly more of a fan of Warcraft III. It's an RTS with some RPG-like elements, which makes writing the campaigns much easier. With Warcraft III Reforged coming out later this year (and myself having pre-ordered it), I'm sure that making an OS-tan RTS wouldn't be too hard as long as we got the right models. The only con is that others would have to buy Warcraft III Reforged to enjoy it.

Halian

As mentioned in the Discord, I'd like to see an Advance Wars- or FFTA-alike set in the -tandom, as well as at least one VN. Ideally we could make a huge open-world OS-tan JRPG, but unless one of us secretly has a parent that works at Nintendo or something, I don't see it becoming a reality. :P

Triplex

I can write the game's code, I just need people to provide the assets. I'd probably write it in C or C++ and would use OpenGL. I'd also have Windows, Linux (and hopefully MacOS) support.
I'm just a guy who uses Arch Linux, wears trenchcoats, and loves girls who are tomboys.