August 25, 2019, 12:50:30 pm

OS-tan Headcanon Voice Actors

Started by VolareVia, March 30, 2019, 07:11:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VolareVia

I was reading @Chocofreak13 's OS-tan Comiket again, and one of 95-tan's bits of dialogue reminded me of a song from Steven Universe.

That then reminded me that I am of the opinion that Deedee Magno Hall (voice of Pearl) would be a great voice actress for 95-tan.

I also thought we had a topic about this previously, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was in some topicless thread somewhere.

Penti-chan

Personally, I picture 2k-kun being voiced by Steve Blum (voice of Spike, from Cowboy Bebop) xD

Halian

Part of me imagines IRIX-hime as sounding like an older Rei Ayanami or Yuki Nagato, thanks to her expressionlessness heretofore, so perhaps Brina Palencia (Rei, in Rebuild) or Michelle Ruff (Yuki).

UNIX-sama would have to be someone who can do a flawless New Jersey accent, for obvious reasons. :P But also still sound like she fits the role instead of a stereotypical mafiosa.

VolareVia

Quote from: Halian on March 31, 2019, 01:39:49 amUNIX-sama would have to be someone who can do a flawless New Jersey accent, for obvious reasons. :P But also still sound like she fits the role instead of a stereotypical mafiosa.

I honestly imagine 7.5-tan sounding like she's from Brooklyn like Al Capone did from what I understand. She's got a mafia gangster theme, but I like to see her as more of an overconfident show-off who can't actually fight.

Halian

Quote from: VolareVia on March 31, 2019, 02:49:13 amI honestly imagine 7.5-tan sounding like she's from Brooklyn like Al Capone did from what I understand. She's got a mafia gangster theme, but I like to see her as more of an overconfident show-off who can't actually fight.
So a distaff counterpart to Joey Wheeler, then?

VolareVia

That's exactly what I hear, honestly. xD

Halian

Penti-chan

[pictures 7.5-tan singing the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged parody of Lady Gaga's Poker Face]

Speaking of specific accents, I always headcanoned that PDP-11-tan speaks in a Boston accent. I mean, that's the general area where DEC originated from, so it makes sense :3

VolareVia

Honestly, if you just imagine Pearl from SU speaking in a Chicago accent, that's my 95-tan voice headcanon to a T.

(Not sure if she could pull off the accent, but hey)

Halian

Quote from: VolareVia on March 31, 2019, 01:11:35 pmHonestly, if you just imagine Pearl from SU speaking in a Chicago accent, that's my 95-tan voice headcanon to a T.

(Not sure if she could pull off the accent, but hey)
I don't think a Chicago accent fits for 95-tan, given her feudal Japanese theme. I've headcanoned in Discord a 95-kun that's a Meiji-era modernizer to contrast with her, so maybe he could have a Chicago accent.

Bella

The DEC-tans all speak with varying levels of Boston accent, the CDC-tans all have Minnesotan accents, Linux-tan has a pretty pronounced Finnish accent. Multics-tan speaks with sort of a transatlantic accent.

Triplex

What are the DEC-tans, I've never heard of them.
I'm just a guy who uses Arch Linux, wears trenchcoats, and loves girls who are tomboys.

Halian

Quote from: Bella on April 29, 2019, 02:20:48 pmThe DEC-tans all speak with varying levels of Boston accent, the CDC-tans all have Minnesotan accents, Linux-tan has a pretty pronounced Finnish accent. Multics-tan speaks with sort of a transatlantic accent.

Neat. :o

Wouldn't Linux-tan have a Swedish accent, though, since Linus is a FennoSwede? Or perhaps an amalgam of the two? I suppose it depends on whether she speaks Swedish or Finnish more often...

RHEL-tan and Fedora-tan have Southern accents, owing to the Raleigh, NC, headquarters of Red Hat. CentOS-tan has one that goes in and out, if any.

I could also see Commodore PET-tan having either a Canadian or Philly accent (CBM reorganized and shifted headquarters from Toronto, ON, to West Chester, PA, the year before its release).

Penti-chan

Quote from: Spaceboy Ross on April 30, 2019, 12:22:54 amWhat are the DEC-tans, I've never heard of them.

OS-tans based on the hardware and software of Digital Equipment Corporation.
OSC Wiki has a list of them

Bella

Quote from: Penti-chan on April 30, 2019, 11:16:24 amOS-tans based on the hardware and software of Digital Equipment Corporation.
OSC Wiki has a list of them

And an article on their culture: https://www.ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php/DEC_Military

Didn't know RH and Fedora were southerers!