August 17, 2019, 09:58:22 am

Text Mode Browsing

Started by VolareVia, March 26, 2019, 09:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VolareVia

Attached is a screenshot of a post I made while looking at it with w3m. Since I made a new account, I have a few more posts to go before I can actually try and post with w3m, but OSC is more usable than some other sites!

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Penti-chan

Nice :3

Reminds me of when I logged on from an old flip phone of mine; I received a mobile friendly version of the site, with less graphics (That nobody knew existed; since smartphones just get the desktop site).

VolareVia

Oh my xD

I actually have an old internet-capable not a flip-phone but barely a smartphone phone. Maybe not for this thread, but sometime, at least if my router is compatible with it. I also have an iBook G4 with Mac OS 9 and Classzilla I could use.

Here's Lynx, a relatively popular text-based Web browser, typically found on Linux. I like to use this as my Gopher browser, but it is mostly made to be a Web browser.

Halian

Text mode browsing is pretty damn cool.

VolareVia

It is. I was even able to post here (after achieving the posts necessary to not need a captcha) with w3m, which is honestly convenient if I want to use vim because I want to use the list feature, or if I want to copy a post from a vim file while editing on the fly.