Ostan closure / made public

Started by Fedora-Tan, October 19, 2017, 03:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

I'd be willing to continue hosting it and taking care of the domain, but this isn't something I'm very knowledgeable about. I'd like to learn more about managing a website and I'd hate to see this place go; I've been using it as long as its been up, its only recently that I've gone and done anything on the forums.

So I guess the real question is what are the steps I need to take to host the site and domain and what will the all around cost be at the end of the day? This may of course be a silly question but I have a willingness to learn.

Fedora-Tan

Easier by chat. Any place you want.

Goujer (she/her)

So I'm going to buy the domain and host this now. Ideally this would be a one to one transfer but I need approval from the majority of user probably.

I won't take it personally if you don't want me to have that either way the forum will be back up but I assume a one to one transfer will keep your accounts and what not. So vote your hearts out my friends.

Nichi

I'm all for it; I think you'll do a good job of keeping it runniung

Fedora-Tan

To be accurate, we already initiated the domain transfer in order to not lost it. Deadline in just couple days, cannot really wait any more.

I'm willing to provide to Le-Goujer any support needed to maintain the site, after transfer and if needed in future.

Fedora-Tan

Domain name is transfered and now property of Le-Goujer

Server files will be transfered asap

Ghost Member

Thanks Fedora-Tan for hard works past years & thanks Le-Goujer for keeping alive.
I know it's too hard of keeping os-tans loving community existences.
Japanese users over there they're the start & we continue that torch that they fade.
Since we're surrounded by haters from riajuu users as well.
So it won't easy to inherit this phenomena from the origin.

I'll not throw my ambitions of drawing win/linux os-tans/app-tans as well.

Nichi

What's the current status of transferring everything to Gojer?

Bella

Thank you for the archieves Fedora-Tan, I've wanted these for awhile! And let me know if you need any help Le-Goujer.

Also: would anyone be interested in an OS-tan Collections Discord group so we can have a second place to communicate if need be?

Goujer (she/her)

I was just thinking that. But I really don't know how much I would use it.

Bella

Quote from: Le-Goujer on November 15, 2017, 07:34:43 AMI was just thinking that. But I really don't know how much I would use it.

I may go ahead and make one, just in case. Been spending a lot more time on Discord these days, I gotta say I like the combination of message board and chat. Might make a nice, low-key place for us to congregate.

Goujer (she/her)

Go ahead, me and Fedora will be finalizing stuff this weekend, I think.

Bella

Goujer (she/her)

None, I've been busy with School and Thanksgiving so it might still be a while before things are finalized, but things are stable for the time being.

Raffaele the Amigan

So what's going on here, folks?

Let me know in brief.

Mr. Le Goujer now owns the domain but already it is migrating?

P.S. I donated twice in the past, sorry for not contributing last August. It was completely out of my mind.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]