Spammers Ho

Started by NejinOniwa, May 06, 2008, 03:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

Looks like the email verification requirement is taking care of most of them.

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: Goujer on February 06, 2024, 08:22:16 AMLooks like the email verification requirement is taking care of most of them.

Sorry to disappoint, just killed another one  ;D

Goujer (she/her)

Fedora-Tan

In answer to increasing spam on the forum, please be advised the bans trigger are from today more wild than before. Should it affect you, please contact us directly. (Shouldn't be the case except if you use same VPN/CDN as recent russians spammers)

It won't end spam right today, just an increased step.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Fedora-Tan on February 19, 2024, 01:11:13 AMIn answer to increasing spam on the forum, please be advised the bans trigger are from today more wild than before. Should it affect you, please contact us directly. (Shouldn't be the case except if you use same VPN/CDN as recent russians spammers)

It won't end spam right today, just an increased step.

So could we contact you by email than? Also when is my tread going to get approved?

Goujer (she/her)

Trying out a new, more aggressive approval based system for those with under 10 posts. Doing anything while having less than 10 posts requires approval.

I also added more questions to the registration process.

Also took measures to ensure that only those with 10 or more posts can send DMs to people as I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that starts getting abused, if it has not been getting abused already.

Also a very big thank you Fedora for your help here.