Ostan closure / made public

Started by Fedora-Tan, October 19, 2017, 10:47:05 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Fedora-Tan

October 19, 2017, 10:47:05 am Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:24:05 pm by Fedora-Tan
OK now the participation really dropped to a level i cannot uphold anymore...

1/ Public archives will be made available for all

I will very soon put public archives of :
- Wiki
- Gallery
- Forum

Available on : https://www.ostan-collections.net/public/

Everyone will be able to download and eventually continue the ostan-collections adventure if / where he / she wants.

Those archives will be personal-data-free in order to respect the privacy of members. In other words, all accounts are going to be removed from those public databases.

I decided to do it this way, to respect the way i was given this website in the first place : everyone should be able to keep content for free, ever.

That is for the public part.

2/ Complete databases

Now i offer the possibility to whoever wants, to giveaway (for free) the actual complete databases with credentials. This is more in case someone wants to continue running the site elsewhere as-is. Of course this cannot be given publicy, therefore i demand that this person is "elected" by the community.

Regardless of someone taking it or not, the public archives will be available anyway.

3/ Domain name

Concerning the domain name, i will drop it as already said, in the event you want to have it please contact me directly, but unlike the rest i won't give it away for free as it involves more time and management to transfer it from my side. I would suggest that another domain is picked, as transfering a domain is a hassle sometimes. I will ask 200€ to whoever wants to have the domain transfered, mostly because tbh i don't want to do it - sry about that :) . This doesn't include any fees from new domain host. Like i said, better take a new domain if someone wants to go this way.

Domain Expiration Date: 01-dec-2017

4/ Final word

I was given the site years ago, in other circumstances, i kept it free despite paying for nearly everything - thanks to those who participated !!! - Now life brings me elsewhere, and this site is not part of it anymore. I liked being part of your community, and hope this decision will satisfy everyone :)

Thanks !

LeaflameSD

i learned some valuable life lessons from you guys here
i don't regret my time here
add me on facebook if you want to keep in touch (Morgen Azure Ochin)

love you all

Fedora-Tan

October 20, 2017, 01:31:01 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:24:17 pm by Fedora-Tan
I've done the public archive for Gallery (was the easiest...), here you are :
- Gallery (snapshot 20-oct-2017) : https://www.ostan-collections.net/public/

Also updated previous post.

Login : ostan
Password : collection

Of course you need to host files somewhere even if it's local. For the record i was using MariaDB (Mysql fork) and Apache.
Should you not want / not be able to host, I tried to make files available without database they are in "_data/i/galleries" folder.

Config is minimal, as there is only database config in "local/config/database.inc.php" file. Please change password if you put it live elsewhere !!

This is the final version, henceforth the gallery is now offline.

Please tell me if you encounter problems.

Le-Goujer

Domain name aside what would the cost of running the site be?

Fedora-Tan

Yo~~

It depends on the host. I'd say a few bucks with current visits. At this stage it's no more a € problem for me, it's just i want to freshen my life and that includes not dealing with websites anymore :) (so if website is half unused, it's less headache of course)

if you want to host it i guess you can find hosts around 5-10 bucks a month, the principal problem would be the gallery because of nudity and it's still moderately big. The forum / wiki only is piece of cake as it is minimal size whatsoever.

What's the idea behind the question ?

Fedora-Tan

<wrong move with database, all changes from 2am - noon are lost... i don't think there were any...>

Fedora-Tan

Please find all archives on : https://www.ostan-collections.net/public/

It'll be easier than dealing with post updates :p

Fedora-Tan

Done with Wiki

Fedora-Tan

October 22, 2017, 01:01:01 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:03:50 pm by Fedora-Tan
Done with forum.

Here are files available :

https://www.ostan-collections.net/public/

[ ]   osc_public_albums_db.7z   2017-10-22 11:55    317K   
[ ]   osc_public_albums_files.tar.gz   2017-10-20 13:21    5.1G   
[ ]   osc_public_albums_pictures.tar.gz   2017-10-20 13:42    3.6G   
[ ]   osc_public_forums_db.7z   2017-10-22 12:50    16M   
[ ]   osc_public_forums_files.tar.gz   2017-10-22 12:52    388M   
[ ]   osc_public_full_db_(Forums+Wiki+Albums).7z   2017-10-22 12:57    22M   
[ ]   osc_public_wiki_db.7z   2017-10-22 11:55    5.9M   
[ ]   osc_public_wiki_files.tar.gz   2017-10-22 11:50    99M   

It is the final snapshot, any changes to the site, forum, wiki, galery will not be updated in those archives.

Hope it helps... :)

Fedora-Tan

Now the timeline :

-> 1/ Made archives available : Done
-> 2/ Giveaway of full db with private data : Before end of november, else it'll be permanently deleted. Note that it is perfectly possible to restart from public archives.
-> 3/ Shutdown of ostan-collections.net : 20th of november (it'll leave a couple days to leave a placeholder before final shutdown)

Le-Goujer

I was thinking maybe an Amazon service, but if domain name is expensive enough a domain name change might be warranted. I also don't know what's options are avaliable outside of Amazon.

Fedora-Tan

October 23, 2017, 12:50:37 am Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:54:05 am by Fedora-Tan
It's ok i don't especially want to make money on that, if you can't afford this much i'm ok to lower the price. You can contact me directly darky@blackdiam.net or messenger via FB -> https://www.facebook.com/DarkyPupu

I think domain transfers are prohibited on last month before their expiration so if anyone is interested please tell if fast (like, in coming days).

1st come, 1st served.

Le-Goujer

I'm more concerned with the monthly/yearly cost of the domain name. I'm trying to piece together a cost and see if that's within my budget.

Fedora-Tan

If the registrar is not a fraud, it should cost between 10€ and 15€ for a year.
Below, it's suspicious. Over, it's robbery.

Fedora-Tan

Expiration Date: 01-dec-2017

Please tell me if you want to get it, before 01-nov-2017. After it'll be too late.

Go Up